Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Who do we not want to get?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Who do we not want to get?
Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:07 am
  • Of the positions likely to be drafted in the first round (OT, CB, DT, SS, FS, etc) and of the players likely to be drafted in the first round, who are some names that if the Seahakws pick will make you go "UGH!"?
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 104876
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:41 am
  • Any OT not named Ramczyk or Bolles and DT Malik McDowell
    penihawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 505
    Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:11 am


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:56 am
  • For me it's Jabrill Peppers. I just don't see a position for him on the Seahawks. I understand he's an excellent athlete but that's not everything (Taylor Mays was a crazy athlete too). From what I've seen on tape, coverage is just something that is never going to be Peppers strength. Sure there are things that can be taught and learned but in my opinion a huge part of covering as a DB is instincts and that's not something that can be taught.

    This isn't to say I wouldn't want Peppers on the team at all. I think Pete is a master at finding the best position for athletic freaks like Peppers. Most of my distaste for drafting Peppers comes from the likelihood of having to draft him in the 1st round to get him. I think Peppers as a 1st or 2nd round pick for Seattle is a bad idea for the simple fact that we need those top picks for players that you know are going to fill specific holes. If somehow Peppers is available in the 3rd and we take a flier I'm fine with that. I know that's not going to happen though in all likelihood because some other team in a different situation with more time to experiment with Peppers will likely pull the trigger much earlier.
    User avatar
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 857
    Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:53 pm


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:58 am
  • Malik McDowell
    Charles Harris
    Adoree Jackson
    Cam Robinson
    Carl Lawson
    Montravius Adams
    Jarrad Davis
    Zach Cunningham

    Figure a lot of these names are actually going R2. But our R1 drafts always seems to cull from that range of players (Irvin, Richardson, Ifedi). No real opinion on Peppers, who could fall there. Just don't see him as matching the physical prototype we seek in our DBs. He'd have to be great as a defender for us to choose him despite that and his almost total absence of production doesn't imply that he is that.
    User avatar
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1912
    Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 pm


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:06 am
  • We've got no shot at him, but I just can't shake the feeling that Leonard Fournette is going to be underwhelming as a pro.
    User avatar
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4624
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:04 pm


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:18 am
  • Here is my list...
    RB Christian McCaffrey
    RB Davlin Cook
    OT Ryan Ramczyk
    OT Cam Robinson
    DT Malik McDowell
    TE David Njoku
    DE Carl Lawson
    RB Alvin Kamara
    cover-2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 867
    Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:47 am


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:05 am
  • Malik McDowell doesn't love football, just wants to get paid. Maybe another Quinton Coples. So glad we picked Bruce Irvin.

    Adoree Jackson overrated because he plays at USC

    Cam Robinson not a first round talent, think James Carpenter

    Christian McCaffrey...his father was an NFL player...but I worry that the NFL may be too much of a jump in physicality. I can't put my finger on it, but I have this feeling that he will be injury prone in the NFL.

    Torn on Dalvin Cook, I think he's a poor man's LT or Faulk, but there's the off the field and injury stuff.

    I can kind of relate to Ramczyk because of the hip and he wasn't sure if he was a football player, deciding to be a welder out of high school. I've done a lot of welding, it's boring as hell! And breathing the smoke from burning flux will short your life, not to mention those red hot dingleberries going down the front of your shirt, or heaven forbid, pants. Oh, and never "Torch in Tennies" molten slog melts right through the top and glues itself to your foot. One more piece of advice, when doing extensive torching, DO NOT carry a pocket full of strike anywhere matches. 'What the hell is on fire!!!" "YOU ARE!"
    I never claimed to be all that bright.

    I'm curious about some that others picked, Zach Cunningham? I thought he has looked really good. Reasons?
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

    http://ivotuk.com/
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 15418
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:05 am
  • Remember a similar thread last year? I I think everybody had Nkemdiche on their shit list.

    "So what's going to be your first purchase when you get paid?"
    " I'm going to get a black leopard. I know they're dangerous, but I can handle him."
    "What if your team says no?"
    "I'll still get one"
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

    http://ivotuk.com/
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 15418
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:13 am
  • ivotuk wrote:Malik McDowell doesn't love football, just wants to get paid. Maybe another Quinton Coples. So glad we picked Bruce Irvin.

    Adoree Jackson overrated because he plays at USC

    Cam Robinson not a first round talent, think James Carpenter

    Christian McCaffrey...his father was an NFL player...but I worry that the NFL may be too much of a jump in physicality. I can't put my finger on it, but I have this feeling that he will be injury prone in the NFL.

    Torn on Dalvin Cook, I think he's a poor man's LT or Faulk, but there's the off the field and injury stuff.

    I can kind of relate to Ramczyk because of the hip and he wasn't sure if he was a football player, deciding to be a welder out of high school. I've done a lot of welding, it's boring as hell! And breathing the smoke from burning flux will short your life, not to mention those red hot dingleberries going down the front of your shirt, or heaven forbid, pants. Oh, and never "Torch in Tennies" molten slog melts right through the top and glues itself to your foot. One more piece of advice, when doing extensive torching, DO NOT carry a pocket full of strike anywhere matches. 'What the hell is on fire!!!" "YOU ARE!"
    I never claimed to be all that bright.

    I'm curious about some that others picked, Zach Cunningham? I thought he has looked really good. Reasons?

    I'm curious why you think that about McCaffrey. Was he injured a lot in college? He looks built pretty stout to me, and he's got the bloodlines. I think he'll be a helluva player.
    dadof3
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 165
    Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:02 am


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:35 am
  • I actually really like Adore Jackson and could see him in Seattle.

    For me its Robinson. He may end up being a stud but using a 1st on him just scares me to death with our track record of lineman.
    User avatar
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6236
    Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:05 pm
    Location: Tri-Cities, Washington


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:44 am
  • McCaffrey. Too small and not fast enough to translate to the NFL.

    Kevin King if it is in the first round.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3657
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:51 am
  • ivotuk wrote:Remember a similar thread last year? I I think everybody had Nkemdiche on their shit list.

    "So what's going to be your first purchase when you get paid?"
    " I'm going to get a black leopard. I know they're dangerous, but I can handle him."
    "What if your team says no?"
    "I'll still get one"


    I recall a buttload people up in arms that he wasn't selected by the Hawks.
    User avatar
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4624
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:04 pm


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:09 pm
  • Found this article by a Texans writer/fan

    By: Jeff Risdon | March 18, 2017 3:36 pm ET

    Cam Robinson, offensive tackle, Alabama

    The 6-foot-6 and well-proportioned Robinson is heralded for being an instant impact starter for the perennial national title contenders, but he’s got a couple of strikes against him as a pro.

    First, he was great as a freshman. The problem is his game has developed very little over his three years in Tuscaloosa. He still has the same tendency to drop his head and eyes as he approaches engagement. He still bends at the waist and overreaches for speedier rushers to his outside shoulder. Robinson sometimes needs an extra half-step in his kick to get out wide, too.

    Second, he’s consistently inconsistent. There are times where he looks like an absolute top-10 overall lock, especially when edges try to bull him or when he down blocks. His good tape is dominant. But it also ebbs and flows, and his bad tape makes you wonder how he gets so much buzz. There’s an off-field incident to answer for, too .

    Robinson could wind up being a very good starting left tackle, but there is enough risk involved that he’s not worth the reach at No. 25


    Davis Webb, quarterback, California

    This one seems self-evident, but Webb is getting quite a bit of run from the national draft media as a potential first-round pick.

    Being the Senior Bowl MVP and voted most outstanding quarterback in practice will do that for a guy. A good week in Alabama against defenses which can’t blitz and are limited in coverage schemes is a dangerous elevator.

    It’s important to remember why Webb wound up at Cal. He lost his job at Texas Tech to Patrick Mahomes. Cal’s offense didn’t prepare last year’s No.1 overall pick Jared Goff for the NFL, and the paltry 6.9 yards per attempt despite a high completion rate of 62 percent shows his strong arm doesn’t necessarily equate to downfield success.

    If Webb is available in the second round, he’d make for a more rational consideration. At No. 25 or even No. 32, no thanks


    Charles Harris, edge rusher, Missouri

    Harris is the latest in a line of productive Tigers edge rushers. Most have not met the hype level in NFL, and Harris’s relative athleticism really puts him behind the curve.

    That’s not impressive. Harris thrived at Mizzou on snap anticipation and catching the blocker at a timing disadvantage. That’s a lot tougher to do at the next level.


    Takkarist McKinley, edge, UCLA

    McKinley is an accomplished rusher with some versatility to his pass rush. On the field, he was pretty darn effective at both setting the edge and exploding around it to the quarterback.

    The problem with McKinley is he just had shoulder surgery. He put the surgery off until after the NFL Scouting Combine so he could work out. That’s admirable in the short-term, but it directly impedes his rookie season.

    In a draft class deep at his position, the proposition of not having a first-round pick for the entire training camp and likely into the season as he recovers from surgery is simply not one the Texans should entertain.

    http://texanswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/ ... rst-round/
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

    http://ivotuk.com/
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 15418
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:14 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:I'm curious about some that others picked, Zach Cunningham? I thought he has looked really good. Reasons?


    I like Cunningham. Very instinctual.

    As an athlete relative to other LBs, he's kind of average. A shade above average.

    In a normal draft year where maybe 15 guys have R1 grades, I'd probably be on board. But if you compare him with the talent in this draft ... then no.

    If we liked him and we traded back to the mid 50s to get him, I'd be ok. The OP though asserted an R1 pick. To take an otherwise unspectacular LB in a draft with elite athletes at other positions of greater need for us -- I'd be seriously bummed.

    For me:

    Comparative value
    Need
    General difficulty to acquire

    are the main factors. You can get 60th percentile LBs in the 50-80 overall range of basically every draft. If it's a historically great draft class and you pick up a player of that pedigree, you're going backwards relative to your competitors. And if you address an area of lesser need with a more mundane prospect -- you're doubling up on that handicap.

    EDIT:

    I think if you're looking at LB possibilities, you're probably beginning and ending with Reddick or Watt in R1. Those are elite NFL athletes. One of which (maybe both) assuredly will be on the board there.
    Last edited by Attyla the Hawk on Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1912
    Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 pm


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:16 pm
  • A first round offensive lineman

    Any offensive positions other than TE in the first three rounds, really, unless someone great drops in our lap
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 806
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:11 pm


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:36 pm
  • Offensively, this draft is as MEH as it gets, except maybe RB.

    Defensively is a drool fest.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:57 pm
  • I'll probably take some heat, but...

    RB Davlin Cook
    OT Ryan Ramczyk
    OT Cam Robinson
    DE Chris Harris
    FS Budda Baker
    "You don't always get to play playoff games at home, or conference championships at home, or superbowls at home. You have to have the mindset that you can play to your potential wherever you are." - Pete Carroll
    User avatar
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 719
    Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:14 am


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:40 pm
  • Obi Melifonwu.
    Image
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    User avatar
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2009
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:30 pm
  • Keapernick? Basically nothing on offense unless we have to because the actual decent guys dropped. Maybe a running back though.:)

    I'm really starting to like Lacy as a bell cow back, especially if someone actually good is pushing to be his ass already.es. All the better if he's an ML that prefers...no talk.... just walk. Especially if he's okay with talking at least a little.

    I'm good with athletes mostly not talking with the media. Especially not the truth. I have a huge middle ground that ML could have done but that isn't ML. Eddie Lacy doesn't have that pass unless he proves it like ML. I know he can, but he has to do it in game.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 564
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:27 am


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:20 am
  • A-Dog wrote:A first round offensive lineman

    Any offensive positions other than TE in the first three rounds, really, unless someone great drops in our lap


    this about nails it.

    this draft lines up in our wheelhouse. JS and PC know defensive talent and they have lots to go after so don't reach to plug holes, take what the draft is giving you.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1110
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:13 am


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:42 am
  • flmmkrz wrote:
    A-Dog wrote:A first round offensive lineman

    Any offensive positions other than TE in the first three rounds, really, unless someone great drops in our lap


    this about nails it.

    this draft lines up in our wheelhouse. JS and PC know defensive talent and they have lots to go after so don't reach to plug holes, take what the draft is giving you.

    You serious? The guy says OL and EVERY offensive position? This draft is all defense and that is the way we better roll. Give Russ a good G-C-G and go defense full on no pass go. Interesting so many Guards in FA.... right? And some of good of the good ones are signed by us. Getting curious now, I am interested to see why I'm offbase.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 564
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:27 am


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:25 am
  • Josea16 wrote:
    flmmkrz wrote:
    A-Dog wrote:A first round offensive lineman

    Any offensive positions other than TE in the first three rounds, really, unless someone great drops in our lap


    this about nails it.

    this draft lines up in our wheelhouse. JS and PC know defensive talent and they have lots to go after so don't reach to plug holes, take what the draft is giving you.

    You serious? The guy says OL and EVERY offensive position? This draft is all defense and that is the way we better roll. Give Russ a good G-C-G and go defense full on no pass go. Interesting so many Guards in FA.... right? And some of good of the good ones are signed by us. Getting curious now, I am interested to see why I'm offbase.

    You're off base because the thread is about who we DON'T want, so you and A-Dog are in agreement to draft defense early and often.
    User avatar
    naholmes
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 165
    Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 pm


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:38 am
  • Josea16 wrote:You serious? The guy says OL and EVERY offensive position? This draft is all defense and that is the way we better roll. Give Russ a good G-C-G and go defense full on no pass go. Interesting so many Guards in FA.... right? And some of good of the good ones are signed by us. Getting curious now, I am interested to see why I'm offbase.


    There are a lot of intriguing options at multiple positions.

    If Ramczyk or Bolles were to fall to 26 (could happen), I would say take either. I'd expect us to take either too. OT is probably the 2nd hardest position to fill adequately in this league behind QB. And there are 64 starting positions in this league. All teams are OT hungry.

    While it's epic in defensive quality and depth, it is equally epic and deep at TE. There are multiple prospects who look equal to the next Graham/Olsens of this league in this draft. Strong future pro bowl talents in day two in this group. Seattle does have medium term need at the position. Graham is now 30+ in age. And it's possible he won't/can't be retained after this season.

    There are competing theories at work here. All teams have multiple needs in every year. Strong depth often times directs teams to address other needs early where talent is short, and take advantage of getting good players in R2-R4. So despite such an epic class on defense, teams could satisfy OL need and then still get upgrades in day two. It's just impossible to predict how teams will go. Odds are there will be some teams that choose this route for other positions (RB, WR, OL, DL). It's actually not a good DL class, but has some really attractive day 1 options. I'd expect that teams will overdraft at DL and Edge this year.

    Seattle has a pretty solid history of double dipping into deep draft classes. With 5 picks in the top 3 rounds, I'd expect them to spread the love around some. It's highly possible that we don't go DB in R1. Mainly due to the depth in this class, and in particular the large number of prospects who fit our profile. There looks to be about 3x as many Seahawk prototypes in this class relative to other classes. And probably half of them will be available in R2/3.
    User avatar
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1912
    Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 pm


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:33 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:McCaffrey. Too small and not fast enough to translate to the NFL.

    Kevin King if it is in the first round.


    Why not King in the first? I dont have an opinion either way, but I see most people would be thrilled with King
    User avatar
    ARhawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 292
    Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:31 am


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:01 am
  • ARhawk wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:McCaffrey. Too small and not fast enough to translate to the NFL.

    Kevin King if it is in the first round.


    Why not King in the first? I dont have an opinion either way, but I see most people would be thrilled with King


    My guess is because most people are skeptical of guys whose draft stock climbs considerably because of workouts. By most accounts I've read, he wasn't a first round talent bases on his play on the field.
    User avatar
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4624
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:04 pm


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:45 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    ARhawk wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:McCaffrey. Too small and not fast enough to translate to the NFL.

    Kevin King if it is in the first round.


    Why not King in the first? I dont have an opinion either way, but I see most people would be thrilled with King


    My guess is because most people are skeptical of guys whose draft stock climbs considerably because of workouts. By most accounts I've read, he wasn't a first round talent bases on his play on the field.

    I wouldn't want any 1st round DB because there are so many great prospects that the drop off in rounds 2-3 won't be as much compared to other positions.
    User avatar
    naholmes
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 165
    Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 pm


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:08 am
  • Psalm Wooching
    User avatar
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6008
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:21 am
  • Do not want OT Cam Robinson or any Offensive Linemen from Texas A&M.
    User avatar
    xgeoff
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1136
    Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:45 pm


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:39 am
  • austinslater25 wrote:I actually really like Adore Jackson and could see him in Seattle.


    Me too and "over rated because he played at USC"?

    Hardly, the guy made plays for his whole time in college on both sides of the ball.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:29 pm
  • Josea16 wrote:
    flmmkrz wrote:
    A-Dog wrote:A first round offensive lineman

    Any offensive positions other than TE in the first three rounds, really, unless someone great drops in our lap


    this about nails it.

    this draft lines up in our wheelhouse. JS and PC know defensive talent and they have lots to go after so don't reach to plug holes, take what the draft is giving you.

    You serious? The guy says OL and EVERY offensive position? This draft is all defense and that is the way we better roll. Give Russ a good G-C-G and go defense full on no pass go. Interesting so many Guards in FA.... right? And some of good of the good ones are signed by us. Getting curious now, I am interested to see why I'm offbase.


    you got to take a second to understand what you are reading before going off ranting

    We just said that we'd be choked if the team didn't draft to the strength of whats available which is defense.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1110
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:13 am


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:36 pm
  • The Hawks have really set themselves up nicely going into this draft. It's difficult to predict which position they are leaning toward in round one. They clearly can go BPA.

    I don't expect a QB, RB, G, C, K, P. I also doubt they take a WR in the first round unless perhaps John Ross were to fall to them. There are only 3 OLs worthy of pick 26 and I expect all to be gone by then.

    With all the LBs signed this month I really wonder if they would draft a straight LB in round one but could definitely see them selecting an edge rushing LB. However, there are some intriguing edge LBs who could be available in rounds 2-3 as well.

    Which brings me back to my point in that the Hawks have set themselves up well and I really wouldn't be surprised to see them trade down. That IMO would give them the best shot at exploiting this deep defensive draft by accumulating more picks.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    User avatar
    Seafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5650
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:30 pm
    Location: Helotes, TX


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:02 am
  • Totally agree with trading back unless there is a player still on the board that is a can't pass at 26. This draft is set up perfectly to fill a couple holes on offense and restock the D with playmakers and depth in the first 4 rounds if it goes our way. There is no need to reach in this draft.
    penihawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 505
    Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:11 am


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:04 am
  • Seafan wrote:With all the LBs signed this month I really wonder if they would draft a straight LB in round one but could definitely see them selecting an edge rushing LB. However, there are some intriguing edge LBs who could be available in rounds 2-3 as well.


    Don't think these signing preclude a LB option. Seattle is looking for someone to be starter quality to spell Wright/Wagner. Not just a complementary SAM option. So our needs could easily be higher end.
    User avatar
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1912
    Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 pm


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:29 am
  • I would be very surprised if a linebacker was picked #1. They need some more depth there but that can be had later, maybe with one of the third round picks. I see CB, DT, Edge rusher (which could technically mean a LB) either safety position, or OT as the only realistic choices in the first round (maybe even the first 3 rounds).
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 104876
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: Who do we not want to get?
Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:33 pm
  • Attyla the Hawk wrote:
    Seafan wrote:With all the LBs signed this month I really wonder if they would draft a straight LB in round one but could definitely see them selecting an edge rushing LB. However, there are some intriguing edge LBs who could be available in rounds 2-3 as well.


    Don't think these signing preclude a LB option. Seattle is looking for someone to be starter quality to spell Wright/Wagner. Not just a complementary SAM option. So our needs could easily be higher end.


    They are looking for a Hassan Riddick type of impact player and IMO wouldn't waste their #1 on just another LB. They've been looking for depth which they added in free agency.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    User avatar
    Seafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5650
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:30 pm
    Location: Helotes, TX




It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:46 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online