Is this year's draft specialty DB's

xgeoff

Reaction score
It seems to me that often draft years can have a lot of talent at particular positions. For example, the 2012 draft had Bobby Wagner, Luke Kuechly, Dont'a Hightower, etc. An incredible number of excellent LB'ers.

2014 had all those great WR's: Odell Beckham, Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins, Jordan Matthews, Jarvis Landry, etc.

Is this the year of the DB? Kevin King, Sidney Jones (before he got hurt), Adoree Jackson, Marshon Lattimore, Tredavious White, etc. Plus a bunch of Safeties like Malik Hooker, Budda Baker, Obi Melifonwu, Jamal Adams, Eddie Jackson and on and on.

I don't recall ever seeing this much depth at DB before. I think it would be great to snag a DB or two in the middle rounds (2-4) to take advantage of this abundance of talent.

Largent80

Reaction score
Adoree' Jackson is my guy to get for IMPACT. He could take over Lane's spot easily and also can run back kicks. He IS a very special player.

titan3131

Reaction score
Largent80":5sw99198 said:
Adoree' Jackson is my guy to get for IMPACT. He could take over Lane's spot easily and also can run back kicks. He IS a very special player.

I have gotten on board with dropping back to mid 2nd round and targeting Adoree either first or at 2.26 depends on how the board looks.

Seafan

Reaction score
King, Baker, Jackson. I like them all. Each would be an upgrade to the defense.

penihawk

Reaction score
Adored Jackson doesn't really meet the seahawk measurement scale but I think it's a huge mistake if he isn't high on their board. I don't think he has scratched the surface as a CB yet and he is a dynamic playmaker with the ball in his hands. I would be on board with his selection regardless of where it is. I think he becomes a special player in the NFL when he becomes a dedicated football player.

ivotuk

Reaction score
penihawk":hyfr7okc said:
Adored Jackson doesn't really meet the seahawk measurement scale but I think it's a huge mistake if he isn't high on their board. I don't think he has scratched the surface as a CB yet and he is a dynamic playmaker with the ball in his hands. I would be on board with his selection regardless of where it is. I think he becomes a special player in the NFL when he becomes a dedicated football player.

What do you mean by that? Once he doesn't have to worry about academics anymore? I think that's one thing that helps rookies make that jump to the NFL, the fact that they can concentrate on their sport.

penihawk

Reaction score
He pursued track and an Olympic bid instead of working on his CB craft during the spring. I think NFL coaching and 100 percent attention to football elevate him to special as a playmaker on defense not to mention KR.

OP
OP
xgeoff

xgeoff

Reaction score
I'm with you all thinking Adoree Jackson would be a really great pick and would love to see what he could do at the pro level

sutz

Reaction score
IDK about specific players, but Pete and John draft DBs pretty much every year. Always looking for young talent. It was what he coached with the 9ers back in the day. He kind of went away from convention when he built this team, going from back to front like he did. Wasn't ETIII one of his first picks as a Seahawk coach?

They'll snag a couple of these guys, I'm sure.

Seafan

Reaction score
penihawk":1dgl9ch0 said:
He pursued track and an Olympic bid instead of working on his CB craft during the spring. I think NFL coaching and 100 percent attention to football elevate him to special as a playmaker on defense not to mention KR.

Good points and also he spent time on offense as well. When he is dedicated to being a CB 100% who knows?

sc85sis

Reaction score
Adoree also had two head coaches and three different position coaches in three years. I think coaching consistency at his primary position should help him.

I also think he's special with the ball in his hands and wouldn't be at all surprised to see him still get a play on offense here or there even in the NFL.

cover-2

Reaction score
Soooo many CB's and FS/SS that I like in this draft. I'm even geeked up about some late round DB's..

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Absolutely this is a DB year.

I would say in particular, it's insanely good at safety. Probably well over twice as many good safeties in this class than in a typically strong class.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Ahkello Witherspoon - 6'3" with 33" arms. Smart, edgy, and outspoken. Sound familiar?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft- ... -colorado/

Able to break up a lot of passes with his length and vertical leaping ability.
Times his jump well to break up deep passes consistently.
Can break up slants with his long arms that he initially lost inside on.
Prevents completions; his 31.8 completion percentage ranked No. 5 in the country.
Only surrendered 28 catches on 88 targets and one catch for every 17 coverage snaps.
Stays on top of routes and cuts the receivers off from the ball.
Stays patient in his back-pedal and lets his man declare his intentions.
Uses his quick feet and excellent balance to mirror wide receivers coming off the line.
Not as prone to biting on double moves as most young cornerbacks.
Communicates very well with his teammates in the secondary pre-snap.
Plays with a high football IQ and often knows what route combinations are coming.