Is it safe to say . . .

HawkGA

Reaction score
that none of the QBs in the draft are going to amount to a hill of beans? I'm not sure the last time the top QBs in the draft made me say, "Who?" Obviously I've heard of Watson but he doesn't seem to be considered the consensus top QB, which makes me think his transition to the pros is questionable.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think Watson will be the best of the three. But all 3 will suck if they don't get time to sit and watch. Unlike Russell Wilson, they are not transitioning from a Pro Style offense.

Kizer and "Mr. Biscuit" will likely be no better than average. I know Mayock loves Deshone, but I don't see the mental aptitude. As always, I could be way off, but he doesn't strike me as "All Football, All The Time."

xgeoff

Reaction score
I think Mahomes and Trubisky both have potential. The thing is that evaluating QB's is still a mysterious process. Tom Brady was not regarded that highly. Tim Couch Was. Ryan Leaf was. Bust after bust after bust. You just never know. I think Mahomes could be special, so I don't want to see him go to the Cardinals.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I'd say it's hard to say.

QBs have such a huge learning curve. Depends on how they grow after one to two seasons.

Really difficult to say who's going to be the next Paxton Lynch/Brock Osweiler or the next Derek Carr/Dak Prescott.

cover-2

Reaction score
Mahomes is a QB to target late in the 1st round for teams needing a QB.

penihawk

Reaction score
I agree with Attyla, hard to know until after they are drafted to a team. I don't know if this group is worth an early pick and the brass of the qb hungry teams being married to a 3 or 4 year learning curve tho,

ivotuk

Reaction score
I kind of like Mahomes too. He's got a little Russell Wilson to his game. Stepping up in the pocket, then breaking out to the left, with a little sideways throw to his receiver, just before he goes over the LOS.