Jordan Willis

Largent80

Reaction score
What do Y'all think of him?

He seems awfully Seahawky to me.

The reason I mention him is because Marsh has proven to be good at a few things (ST and setting the edge) but getting to the QB on 3rd down isn't one of them. This guy would take care of that.

titan3131

Reaction score
I like him, He has alot of the traits we look for in a LEO, just needs more coaching. Unfortunately IDK if he even lasts to 2.26 after blowing up the combine. But I would take him there in a heartbeat.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
--DE/OLB-Jordan Willis, Kansas St., 6-4/255, 33.50"-arms, 9-7/8"-hands
4.53/40, 24-reps, 39"-Vert, 125"-Broad, 6.85-3cone, 4.28-20yd shuttle.
2016: 13-games, 52-tkls, 34-solo, 17.5-TFL, 11.5-sacks, 3-PBU, 4-QBH, 3-FF
2015: 13-games, 35-tkls, 30-solo, 15.0-TFL, 9.5-Sacks, 3-PBU, 2-QBH, 4-FF, 1-BK

Described as a straight line, downhill rusher without a lot of creative pass rush moves, in other words he's pretty raw and needs some coaching up on his moves to be effective as an NFL pass rusher, His overall athletic #'s would seem to indicate that the potential is there and IMO, Willis would be a very solid pick with one of the Seahawks 3rd round picks, and a good value at that pick. With Willis's size, length and speed, he should make an excellent trainee LEO and could learn a lot from Cliff Avril and be able to take over in a year or two. Willis = A direct replacement for Marsh's and/or Morgan's roster spot. I like his tape, he seems to be a worker that never stops, uses his hands well, seems to play feisty on every snap and also I really like seeing 7 forced fumbles in 2 seasons, to me that means he has some pop in his hits and can rip the ball out. A defensive player with evil intentions is what the Seahawks want, Willis could be one.
:smilingalien:

titan3131

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":txfdgpf8 said:
--DE/OLB-Jordan Willis, Kansas St., 6-4/255, 33.50"-arms, 9-7/8"-hands
4.53/40, 24-reps, 39"-Vert, 125"-Broad, 6.85-3cone, 4.28-20yd shuttle.
2016: 13-games, 52-tkls, 34-solo, 17.5-TFL, 11.5-sacks, 3-PBU, 4-QBH, 3-FF
2015: 13-games, 35-tkls, 30-solo, 15.0-TFL, 9.5-Sacks, 3-PBU, 2-QBH, 4-FF, 1-BK

Described as a straight line, downhill rusher without a lot of creative pass rush moves, in other words he's pretty raw and needs some coaching up on his moves to be effective as an NFL pass rusher, His overall athletic #'s would seem to indicate that the potential is there and IMO, Willis would be a very solid pick with one of the Seahawks 3rd round picks, and a good value at that pick. With Willis's size, length and speed, he should make an excellent trainee LEO and could learn a lot from Cliff Avril and be able to take over in a year or two. Willis = A direct replacement for Marsh's and/or Morgan's roster spot. I like his tape, he seems to be a worker that never stops, uses his hands well, seems to play feisty on every snap and also I really like seeing 7 forced fumbles in 2 seasons, to me that means he has some pop in his hits and can rip the ball out. A defensive player with evil intentions is what the Seahawks want, Willis could be one.
:smilingalien:

Replacing Marsh needs to be one of our top priorities. Ive been saying it for 2 years, our defense is regressing and if we dont add real competition back on our defensive line we will sink back to mediocrity on defense.

Defense wins championships - as good as Wilson is we need the Defense.

penihawk

Reaction score
He is a tough one for me. On one hand I heard the kid interviewed on NFL radio and he's a great kid with measurables that scream freak that could be a game changer. On the other hand you turn on the game tapes and it screams JAG to me. Those numbers dont show up with a football uniform on and he has very little technique at this point as a pass rusher. Turn on the Stanford game and he gets blocked easily,is on the ground way too much and the only plays he made were a mistake by the RT that left him unblocked and a mistake by the qb not stepping up and he barely hits his arm on the way by being pushed past the qb. There's potential but at this point unless he slides into the 3rd, there is a long list of guys I'd rather have with the first couple picks. :?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Like him in the third round. Very good athlete but his plays are pretty much the result of being a superior athlete to his opponent or as indicated above, a mistake made by his opponent.

Raw and doesn't seem to have developed much in the way of skills. So he's more of a Year 2/3 guy from the looks of it.

Definitely not as athletic or polished as Frank Clark was. So I'm comfortable if he's drafted before we get to him in R3. Means other prospects fall our way.

endzorn

Reaction score
I haven't watched much of the kid, but from everything I've read and heard on podcasts he doesn't play with same athleticism he tests with. I would be interested to see if our coaching staff could get the most out of his athletic ability. He sounds like an extremely hard worker.