Next Kam Chancellor -> Josh Harvey-Clemons

penihawk

Reaction score
Not sure Seattle is the best place for a pot head. Potential drama we don't need to subject ourselves to imo.

endzorn

Reaction score
penihawk":2snhqg0n said:
Not sure Seattle is the best place for a pot head. Potential drama we don't need to subject ourselves to imo.
Marijuana is readily available anywhere you play. It is a rules violation in the NFL so the fact it's legal to purchase in Washington makes zero difference. I live in rural North Dakota and if you gave me 10 minutes I could buy an ounce of weed.

I really like the idea of drafting this kid. Mid round picks are gambles no matter who you take, so why not take a kid with enormous ability who plays with some nastiness? I'd love to see us get melifonwu and JHC in this draft.

titan3131

Reaction score
his film is garbage. Such trash to where he is probably an 6-udfa pick

penihawk

Reaction score
I wouldn't say his total game is garbage but his cover skills are something to be desired. There are things to like as a player but I've seen too much of the guys that like smokin dope more than playin football for millions of dollars. If that ain't motivation enough then I will pass.

titan3131

Reaction score
I have no qualms about taking him as a project in the 6-7th or udfa but anything higher would be straight madness imo. Still better players available in those ranges.

Again this is a depth position were drafting here, not a starter position.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I think you have to be careful with comparing people to Kam. Athletically, Kam reminds me of Terrell Owens. Both had athletic profiles that were pretty similar, but both are also workout addicts that have drastically improved as pros and that work ethic translates over to how they approach the game as well.

There's a whole lot about it that's purely mental.

ivotuk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1adf5p7l said:
I think you have to be careful with comparing people to Kam. Athletically, Kam reminds me of Terrell Owens. Both had athletic profiles that were pretty similar, but both are also workout addicts that have drastically improved as pros and that work ethic translates over to how they approach the game as well.

There's a whole lot about it that's purely mental.

There will never be another Kam, but we can always hope and dream for a similar "Field Monster"

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I have seen the JHC to Kam comparison made a few times but it just seems to come down to build and size but in terms of football instincts and athletic ability, this isn't even close. There are going to be some very good ss coming out of this draft that you don't need to bother with this stiff. Let some other team hope they're landing the next Kam while we get a gamer.

chris98251

Reaction score
If I remember correctly the knock on Kam, liability in coverage, took bad angles, slow for a Safety, have a hard time finding a position, a true tweener.

Pete has a roll for the skill set of players particularly on defense. Instinct, if a player has it is worth a lot, technique and coaching can take care of some bad tendencies, speed and heart I think will get a nod from Pete if a player has it.

DJrmb

Reaction score
One of Kam's biggest assets is his work ethic and his intelligence. You will be able to find guys that physically are comparable to Kam in some drafts but a guy that has those intangibles at as high a level as Kam is where the difference is and what will be hard to duplicate I think.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Kam is an extremely lean 225 now. To put that work ethic into context, watch him close on Freeman here.

[youtube]j05zzuBbKhU[/youtube]

Still hate that play and we should have moved Kam to FS. Terrell could never judge the ball in the air so it means jack monkey squat that he's faster than ET.

Latest posts