Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Top 10 DB's

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Top 10 DB's
Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:08 pm
  • Our secondary is in need of some new talent and this draft is loaded with DB's. Who are your top 10 favorite defensive backs is this draft. Include any hybrids in this conversation if prefered.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Top 10 DB's
Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:11 am
  • Realistic pickups?

Kevin King
    Obi Melifonwu
    Adoree Jackson
    Chidobe Awuzie
    Budda Baker
    Jourdan Lewis

In that order, for our R1 pick or as you go down the list, with a trade back. Although I think we go slot/buffalo with our first pick and get an outside corner on day 2.
    MizzouHawkGal wrote:Last year is the last time we see the Patriots in the Superbowl for a long time.
    original poster
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:18 am
  • Of guys I think Seattle has a shot at
    1-Gareon Conley
    2-Kevin King
    3-Cordrea Tankersely
    4-Marlon Humphrey
    5-Tre'Davious White
    6-Quincy Wilson
    7-Sydney Jones
    8-Adoree Jackson
    9- Ahkello Witherspoon
    10-Teez Tabor
    11-Rasul Douglas

I didn't put any nickel or safetys in there put I'll have to think more on those.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:16 am
  • My top 10's of guys we could possibly draft:

ROUNDS 1-3 CORNERS
    1)Gareon Conley
    2)Adoree Jackson
    3)Kevin King
    4)Cordrea Tankersley
    5)Quincy Wilson
    6)Jourdan Lewis
    7)Ahkello Witherspoon
    8)Sidney Jones
    9)Chidobe Awuzie
    10)Rasul Douglas

ROUNDS 1-3 SAFETY
    1)Josh Jones
    2)Budda Baker
    3)Marcus Williams
    4)Obi Melifonwu
    5)Marcus Maye

ROUNDS 4-FA CORNERS
    1)Shaquill Griffen
    2)Brendan Langley
    3)Jalen Myrick
    4)Jeremy Cutrer
    5)Brian Allen

ROUNDS 4-FA SAFETY
    1)Rayshawn Jenkins
    2)Jadar Johnson
    3)Tedric Thompson
    4)Fish Smithson
    5)Nate Gerry
    penihawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:32 am
  • If either King or Obi are still there at #26 I believe they'll take one of them, if not there's a good chance they'll trade down unless someone like Riddick or Jarrad Davis is there.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:50 pm
  • Seafan wrote:If either King or Obi are still there at #26 I believe they'll take one of them, if not there's a good chance they'll trade down unless someone like Riddick or Jarrad Davis is there.

I definitely don't claim to be a draft expert, but Melifonwu just seems like a Seahawk to me. I feel like the entire staff would love to find ways to create defensive mismatches with his size, demeanor and athleticism. If he's available at 26 I can see him getting scooped up.
    endzorn
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:12 pm
  • Is it the freaky athletic numbers at the combine we are in love with or his tape? I'm not sure myself and kinda like Josh Jones as a versatile athletic safety thats a bit more physical. If I had to bet, I would guess we end up with neither.
    penihawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:25 pm
  • Reading between the lines I think Seattle wants a nasty playmaker on the defense. A few of those guys are getting older and it seems like the defense needs someone like that in a bad way. Which of these guys fits that bill? That's who I think they end up taking. I love King and have thought it was him or Melifonwu and thought it was going to be one of them but not sure they have that nasty "it" factor.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:40 pm
  • I don't know about nasty but if they want a playmaker that would definitely Adorea Jackson. Melifonwu doesn't strike me as a nasty playmaker and his good tape is showing more corner skills than safety imo. I won't be bummed if the take him at 26 but I think he is far from a finished product and I'm not even sure what you do with him early in his career.
    penihawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:43 pm
  • If you want nasty, Marlon Humphrey is probably your guy. Not sure he is there at 26 though.
    pcbball12
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:29 pm
  • pcbball12 wrote:If you want nasty, Marlon Humphrey is probably your guy. Not sure he is there at 26 though.

I watched a highlight of Murphy and he felt similar to Byron Maxwell, probably more athletic. Strong, smooth, not really twitchy. Made a few big tackles.

Also watched Quincy Wilson who seems a bit lighter. Play was twitchy and tenacious, more like Earl than any of our other Db's. Could see him working as Nickle or outside.

Really like Awuzie as well, he has been the most physical CB I watched, I'm not sure he will be as effective tackling in the NFL.

Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:36 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:
    pcbball12 wrote:If you want nasty, Marlon Humphrey is probably your guy. Not sure he is there at 26 though.

I watched a highlight of Murphy and he felt similar to Byron Maxwell, probably more athletic. Strong, smooth, not really twitchy. Made a few big tackles.

Also watched Quincy Wilson who seems a bit lighter. Play was twitchy and tenacious, more like Earl than any of our other Db's. Could see him working as Nickle or outside.

Really like Awuzie as well, he has been the most physical CB I watched, I'm not sure he will be as effective tackling in the NFL.

Maxwell isn't a bad comparison to Humphrey...Humphrey isn't as stiff though IMO. Also, think Humphrey is a dog when it comes to taking on blocks, blowing up screen game, and tackling. Don't know if I have seen a CB hit like he does.

I like Awuzie, I think he is going to be a good perimeter CB but I could also see him making a switch to FS. He is best in press coverage, so the scheme fit is there...he is a little stiff though.

I said it in another thread, but I like Wilson's cover ability....potential elite coverage ability in both press and off coverage. But, he runs away from blocks and ball carriers. Doesn't have the "want to" when it comes to taking on blocks or tackling. It might be more of a thing that is just irritating to me because that is a mentality issue. I just have a hard time seeing a guy with that mentality fit in with our DB group. However, the coverage ability is so good it might be something you just deal with.

Love this DB class. So many guys with different styles and strengths, but so much talent.
    pcbball12
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:40 am

Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:37 am
  • I think casserly might have it right, tradavious white is very seahawky
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:53 am
  • I keep reading this seahawky term and no idea what it means when used in context to some of these players. Tredavious White seems the anti seahawk. Kelly Jennings-ish type player, can stick to a player and has some good football instincts but not physical, not particularly strong, not great in run support, not that long body they covet. I hope White isn't on the radar based on what I've seen.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:47 am
  • This article was eye opening to me and really interesting. I no longer think the Seahawks are as high on this CB class as some here are...

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/the-2017-cornerback-class-has-a-wingspan-problem
    It’s not unfair to suggest they might only be interested in Kevin King and Ahkello Witherspoon early in the draft in terms of outside cornerbacks

If the Seahawks are tied to a wingspan number (77 inches) as they appear to be with arm length (32 inches), the options are relatively limited in this draft at outside corner.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:53 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information