Scratch DL-Caleb Brantley off the list.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Nothing good ever happens at 2:00-AM, especially outside of bars. Brantley likely lost millions with one punch.
Pounding on females seems to be all the rage these days, even though it is a cowardly act. Are parents getting worse at teaching their boys to at the very least - respect the weaker sex (especially when you are twice their size)?

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_footb ... 0_23710201

:smilingalien:

penihawk

Reaction score
Well before I kill the guy I will wait til authorities sort it out which may be too late to save his draft status unfortunately. I don't condone hitting women but at the same time women that hit men are just as bad. It comes down to staying out of those kinda situations. Too bad for that young man on pissing away millions of dollars when all he had to do was be home in bed. :34853_doh:

ivotuk

Reaction score
THey're both at fault. But he should have extricated himself from that situation early on. It's pretty obvious when shit is running downhill. All a man needs to do keep from stepping in it. Alcohol tends to make people stupid and whiny though.

randomation

Reaction score
She was the aggressor not him he shouldn't fall and if he does it's bs but maybe the Hawks will take advantage of it.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Sweet, lets get Mixon and Brantley this draft, lets go get us a superbowl.

in all seriousness, this does raise serious questions about Brantley, how do you not knock her out, a busted lip,??? if you cant take out a 20 yr old drunk co ed, what are you gonna do to an nfl calibre Olineman. That lack of finish drops him down my draft board.

randomation

Reaction score
flmmkrz":2em8b02p said:

in all seriousness, this does raise serious questions about Brantley, how do you not knock her out, a busted lip,??? if you cant take out a 20 yr old drunk co ed, what are you gonna do to an nfl calibre Olineman. That lack of finish drops him down my draft board.

From the sound of it she accosted him for some reason and he then pushed her he didn't deck her.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
flmmkrz":12982e0r said:

Are you kidding me? This is an absolutely ridiculous post. This crap isn't funny.

Chapow

Reaction score
randomation":13jztu38 said:
flmmkrz":13jztu38 said:

From the sound of it she accosted him for some reason and he then pushed her he didn't deck her.

This is from the link in the first post in this thread.

"The police report states that Chelsea Austin, 20, claims a man, who was later identified as Brantley by Austin’s friend, punched her in the face during the fight.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
As wrong as it was for her to hit him, he has to show good character in that situation. For one, he is a world class athlete and could permanently hurt her. It is just plain wrong for a man to hit a woman. There are plenty of other paths that can be taken, stopping well short of punching her in the face. Then there are the selfish reasons why it was stupid. This is going to cost this dude millions of dollars. Not only that, he is branded a bad guy by many for the rest of his life.

These guys have got to learn that their status will make them a target. It isn't right, but it's reality. A person will never be able to control how others react in a situation. All a person can control is how they respond to others. The easiest way to keep this from happening is to not be in the situation to start with. But if they are going to be at a bar that late, they have got to have people around them that have their best interest in mind. They need to be insulated from the idiot public. Not allowing yourself to be messed up enough that you make poor decisions helps also. Although, plenty of people make those stupid decisions totally sober.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2dtxo2vj said:
flmmkrz":2dtxo2vj said:

Are you kidding me? This is an absolutely ridiculous post. This crap isn't funny.

To each their own. Was pretty funny to me. Comedy is subjective like that. If the mods are as bothered as u are they can remove it, that is their right and id accept it but im pretty sure most people could tell my tongue was firmly in cheek while posting that. You can laugh and joke about anything, and not have it mean u are supoorting it or condoning it.

massari

Reaction score
OK I'm obsessed with getting this guy in the 4th.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
flmmkrz":3jv3q4ib said:
Jimjones0384":3jv3q4ib said:
flmmkrz":3jv3q4ib said:

To each their own. Was pretty funny to me. Comedy is subjective like that. If the mods are as bothered as u are they can remove it, that is their right and id accept it but im pretty sure most people could tell my tongue was firmly in cheek while posting that. You can laugh and joke about anything, and not have it mean u are supoorting it or condoning it.

When you start a statement with "in all seriousness" and then claim later it's tounge-in-cheek, don't expect people to find the humor. There are certain things you just don't joke about and assaulting women is one of them.