49erswebzone mock draft for the Seahawks

Jasta

Reaction score
Hello hated Seahawks fans, Niners fan here :D

I kid, I kid. Walking around in a Bowman jersey after the game in Seattle this year I got nothing but love so you're alright in my book. The 49erswebzone has a mock draft running with everyone picking a team and after I joked about someone drafting "Gimpy" Pete, the mature age student QB prospect out of A**crack Springs Community College for the Hawks in the first round I got stuck with you guys :|

Anyway thought you might be interested in how it's going so far, maybe give some advice for the later rounds (or just hurl abuse, that's good in its own way too). My knowledge of the team is pretty rushed but I hope I did ok.

1st Round (26), Garret Bolles, OT Utah
Might be an outsiders perspective but Wilson didn't look like he had too many of his nine lives left last season. Ryan Ramczyk went to the Giants, Lamp to the Dolphins ( :| ?) and Kevin King was already gone to the Titans at 18. I considered Cam Robinson but Bolles looked better suited to a zone scheme. I've noticed a few people keen on Conley or Obi Melifonwu for the Hawks but I think Bolles would be a no brainer if he was still on the board?

2nd round (58), Chris Wormley, DE/DT Michigan
This might provoke some response. In my defense the Texans snatched Chidobe Awuzie right from under my nose at 57 which was frustrating. I considered Montravius Adams but went with Wormley as a high character guy who can play up and down the line and offers more pass rush than Adams. I considered Sidney Jones but 5+ years of Baalke All-ACL team picks have given me a pathological distrust of injured DB's.

Next the Raiders also traded me this years seventh for some camp fodder, some guy named Marshawn Lynch. (sorry, I know that's gotta sting). No idea how that actual trade goes down but from what I was told it was that or nothing basically.

3rd Round (90), Rasul Douglas, CB West Virginia
Denied again. This time the Falcons stole Akhello Witherspoon at 88. Moreau, Tabor, White, Wilson were all gone at this point. There are a lot of good corners in this draft but everyone wants one. My tip is get in early.

At this point the wheels might have come off a bit. The picks were slowing down (hard to get 32 people to make timely picks over Easter) so partly because I wanted something to do and partly because I had no real idea who I'd take for my third pick of the third I made another trade with the Raiders sending them pick 106 for WR Seth Roberts, Pick 129 and a 2018 5th round pick. In hindsight I think I'd probably have stayed put and drafted Josh Reynolds but there you go.

3rd Round (102), Isaac Asiata, G Utah
Bit of a BPA perhaps but I also felt doubling down on OL was a good idea, especially as Ifedi hasn't appeared to have worked out. I know you signed Aboushi but Asiata and Bolles as a package seemed like a promising duo. Maybe Safety would have been better here, not sure.

That's where we are so far. I have a 4th coming up in ten picks or so. My current "small" board looks like:

S Eddie Jackson
WR Malachi Dupre
LB Carroll Phillips or Matt Milano
S Delano Hill
K Zane Gonzalez or Jake Elliot

Brad Kaaya is still on the board as well, wasn't sure how confident you guys are in Boykin after his run in with the law but he's starting to drift into good value territory and you need a third QB anyway.

What do you think?

penihawk

Reaction score
Its hard to know without seeing who was on the board when you picked but you could of done worse. I wouldn't of made that trade and I would of taken TE's Jordan Leggett or Jake Butt at 102 if available but other than that I like it. If LB Vince Biegel -Wis is available at the next pick that would be my choice. I would go with Phillips of the players you listed and no on a QB. Look cb,s,wr,dl with the late picks. Good job imo. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
J

Jasta

Reaction score
Should be able to see the post without joining up:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/
Webzone Members NFL mock. (the title keeps changing as members are on the clock so a direct link won't work)

Leggett was available in round 2. Butt at 102. Biegel is still available, though 6 or so picks ahead of me. Thinking possibly Marcus Maye as well.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I am not at all excited about Wormley. I would've gone elsewhere there. I also dont want to go oline early, I like to think with the lack of oline talent this draft that would Bolles be there that a real opportunity exists to drop down. I would rather pick the strength of the draft and land some elite defensive talent. Everybody seems to think an olineman is inevitable which I think the team could capitalize on. Douglas presents good value at that spot and if you can land Jackson in the 4th I would love that pick as well. Asiata, could be a nice value pick as well, prefer that to Bolles early.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
penihawk":1akqswwc said:
Its hard to know without seeing who was on the board when you picked but you could of done worse. I wouldn't of made that trade and I would of taken TE's Jordan Leggett or Jake Butt at 102 if available but other than that I like it. If LB Vince Biegel -Wis is available at the next pick that would be my choice. I would go with Phillips of the players you listed and no on a QB. Look cb,s,wr,dl with the late picks. Good job imo. :2thumbs:

I like Jake Butt. I think he is a perfect fit for that guy they want to be an in line blocker, but who can still be a playmaker. Plus, his Twitter handle is jbooty_88, which I think is freaking hilarious. At least he has a sense of humor.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Isaac asiata seems like a great fit. He may be that mid round guy that turns out to be a stud. I wouldn't mind Bolles in the first. But, I'm not so sure if he will be there. And if he is, I still think I would prefer King, if he is available.

Second round I am hoping that they can find some way to pick up Obie melifonwu. That probably is a bit of a stretch without a trade.

With the first pick in the third, I hope Corey Davis, wr from Western Michigan is still there. . He is about the same size as Kearse, but polished route runner with a 4.52 40 time. I really want a bigger, play maker at wr. With one of the picks in the third, it would be awesome if a talented Sam linebacker fell. Maybe Watt, or maybe Bowser. Perhaps this is where taking a chance with Tim Williams might work out. I also would love it if Sidney Jones fell and they could pick him up one of the three picks.

I must say, that's about as far as I have made it. I know a lot of the players at the top of the draft, but this year I don't know many of the lower round guys. But if the draft starts out like I have the first three rounds, I'm going to be as happy as can be.

penihawk

Reaction score
I think Corey Davis would have to be caught smokin dope at the draft to be available in the 3rd round.

OP
OP
J

Jasta

Reaction score
penihawk":2ij67tkk said:
I think Corey Davis would have to be caught smokin dope at the draft to be available in the 3rd round.

At the Niners webzone we're all still hoping Myles Garret's gasmask video surfaces...

BTW I got Vince Biegel in the 4th (from the Raiders) for the Seahawks.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
penihawk":2p5vyk5t said:

The thought is this wr class is week. I know it's a long shot, but maybe he slides because they devalue the position this particular draft. Anything is possible.

two dog

Reaction score
penihawk":3enu9tlo said:

Or Watt or Bowser. God, wouldn't you love to have a player named Bowser when they play
"Who let the dogs out"?

two dog

Reaction score
jasta, I forgot to say that ya done good man. Difficult to draft for another team and then
present the results to that teams fans. Shows some backbone.

Unlike others, I really like Chris Wormley. Team captain, leader and his interviews indicate
that he is a serious full grown man. His athletic ability will not match some of his DL
counterparts but his intangibles make up for that to some extent.

I would walk away pretty happy with what you have done but wonder, even with my respect
for the Wormley pick, if CB should not have been addressed sooner. Good job, though.

OP
OP
J

Jasta

Reaction score
Thanks all, was a good excersise and had some interesting outcomes.

This draft is deeeep. Really deep. First round picks are going to be tough because it feels like there's 50 players with first round talent.

Going to be quite a few trade ups later I think to grab bargains who slip too far.

The Browns are going to be able to field a better team just from their draft picks this year. Their haul was obscene.

Myles Garrett, Mitchell Trubisky, David Njoku, Obi Melifonwu, Sidney Jones, Amara Darboh

That's only four rounds :shock:

penihawk

Reaction score
The Browns will figure out a way to screw it up and ruin all those guys. :lol: :lol: :lol: