Field Gulls article:. Who would you take at CB

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/4/19/153 ... e-to-draft

I really want to see them find a way to get both King and Melifonwu (or however you spell it,lol). Then maybe Sidney Jones could fall to the third or fourth and they could get him too. And if they don't get obi, I would like to see them get Baker. Just bring the dawgs' secondary to Seattle. Go Hawks!

I read that pcjs really do not like the later rounds in this draft. There is a real chance that they trade up for something and do their picking in the upper rounds, then be active as usual with the udfa's. It may also explain why they have been so active in free agency.

This is the article from where I got the information about pcjs not liking the bottom of the draft.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/4/19/153 ... ce=twitter

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I am happy to see this, there is lots of potential defensive talent over the first 2 days then the talent really drops off, I'd like to see the team be aggressive and move up for guys who can be near immediate starters over having lots of picks scattered as in years past. Go in get what you need and call it a day.

I would love to see Baker, I think he's going to be special. Jones would be a coup if we could land him in the 3rd. Both of these guys would have me extremely happy. I'm not as sold on Obi, he's a physical specimen and the team has had him in lots so they obviously see more than I see, or maybe it's a diversion to push others to jump ahead and take him earlier, the pick just screams another Kam and seeing the hawks interested has to make other teams move him up their draft board higher than he may already be. Big chess game the draft and JSPC play it on expert level so not sure what they're thinking. I think King played himself onto another team with his combine performance and truthfully I think that might save the hawks. I do think he's good but I think there are better corner talents who may not have his physical abilities but better gamers. Conley and Jackson excite me more. When King was going to be a mid 2nd day pick he had me excited as tweener 1st ,early 2nd day, it's a bit pricey for me.

two dog

Reaction score
How about that mutt from Michigan that Rob Staton likes, Jourdan Lewis?
Or Shaquille Griffin as a late third rounder. They have had him in for a visit, per Field Gulls
but no feedback so far that I have heard.

A lot would depend on the resolution of the Sherman situation. I think most of us don't expect
a trade but should lightning strike the entire 'Hawks draft is altered.

OP
OP
Jimjones0384

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I just hope that not only do they find a starter opposite of Sherm, but also I hope they find Sherms replacement in this draft. Even if Sherm doesn't get traded, I doubt he stays past this contract. It would be great to have a stud sit and learn for a while, get some playing time here and there. Then maybe they can trade him next season, and still get some value out of him.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":1yi9lak3 said:
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/4/19/15361348/2017-nfl-draft-seahawks-which-cornerback-do-you-want-seattle-to-draft

I really want to see them find a way to get both King and Melifonwu (or however you spell it,lol). Then maybe Sidney Jones could fall to the third or fourth and they could get him too. And if they don't get obi, I would like to see them get Baker. Just bring the dawgs' secondary to Seattle. Go Hawks!

I read that pcjs really do not like the later rounds in this draft. There is a real chance that they trade up for something and do their picking in the upper rounds, then be active as usual with the udfa's. It may also explain why they have been so active in free agency.

This is the article from where I got the information about pcjs not liking the bottom of the draft.

I'm glad someone posted this. I am a Husky and a huge Kevin King fan, first and foremost.

Now, I've been hearing reports of "GMs and Scouts" believe King maybe the most "overrated" player in the draft.

I'm not buying that.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/ ... 6.amp.html

I think teams are hoping he falls to them.

What are your thoughts?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":24dsrk49 said:
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/4/19/15361348/2017-nfl-draft-seahawks-which-cornerback-do-you-want-seattle-to-draft

LOL come on man, really? Listen if they do take any of them i'll root for them like crazy like I have for Kearse over the years. But PUUHlease leave the husky homer stuff at the door. Im trying to eat here.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Rankings over the last few months (per cbssports.com) of Melifonwu & King.
----SS-Obi Melifonwu.
4/19/17-#35,
4/06/17-#26,
3/28/17-#33,
2/10/17-#130,
1/23/17-#196,
1/26/17-#102,
1/16/17-#178
----CB-Kevin King.
4/19/17-#22,
4/06/17-#33,
3/28/17-#46,
3/04/17-#79,
2/10/17-#112,
1/30/17-#79,
1/26/17-#114

I'd say it looks like a possibility that neither are there for the Hawks at 26. Obi would seem the most likely.
with that in mind.....

4/20/2017:
Here is my latest attempt, version 14.0. Rankings (xxx) per cbssports.com 4/19/17 update.
1/26----SS-Obi Melinfonwu(35) -alt- CB-Kevin King(22)
2/58----DE-Jordan Willis(63) -alt- DE-Terrell Basham(57)
3/90----CB-Shaquill Grifin(113) -alt- CB-Sidney Jones(91)
3/102---OG-Nico Siragusa(118) -alt- OG-Isaac Asiata(85)
3/106---TE-George Kittle(114) -alt- OLB-Vince Biegel(133)
6/210---CB/RB-Brandon Wilson(216) -alt- OLB-Elijah Lee(231)
7/225---OLB/LEO-Samson Ebukam(227) -alt- OLB-Javancy Jones(279)
7/244---DT-Grover Stewart(277) - (Beastmode trade pick) -alt- NT-Rod Henderson(472)
UDFA's--SS-Shalom Luani(280), WR-Jehu Chesson(289), CB-Treston DeCoud(293),
OT-Jalen Ware(350), DT-Pat Ricard(326), CB-Tyler Williams(NR).