Deshone Kizer is so arrogant, it will affect his draft stock

Uncle Si

Reaction score
"Imagine taking Brady’s intellect and Brady’s preparation and putting it on a guy with Cam Newton’s body. Why can’t I be the greatest? The only thing stopping me from it is me. That’s what’s driving me now.”

Nothing wrong with this....

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":1liuvsln said:
I read this, and all I could do is shake my head. This kid is such an arrogant jerk, it made me want to puke. The major thing that makes it arrogant, and not just confidence, is him bringing up other players, in my opinion.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... f-context/

I fail to see the problem. Have you ever read some of the things Manning and Brady said both pre- and post-draft? This pales in comparison.

OP
OP
Jimjones0384

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Uncle Si":rnqkza7z said:
"Imagine taking Brady’s intellect and Brady’s preparation and putting it on a guy with Cam Newton’s body. Why can’t I be the greatest? The only thing stopping me from it is me. That’s what’s driving me now.”

When you isolate that quote, I agree that it tones the whole statement down quite a bit. When taken in totality, I think it sends a completely different tone, in my opinion. But, I guess it's all a matter of interpretation. I guess we just disagree. If Tom and Payton said worse than this, it doesn't make what Kizer said any better, it just makes what they said worse. Again, just my opinion.

I also think there is a possibility that some GM's may see it the same way I do, and it might be the difference between him and other guys. That's what I meant about possibly affecting his draft status.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
JSeahawks":26me6x29 said:
He's so good he lead his very talented team to a 4-8 record.

...and he's so good that his coach believes he should have stayed in school another season.....

HawkGA

Reaction score
JSeahawks":10nz8ehc said:

This is what I don't get . . . about him or most of the other quarterbacks (other than Watson, obviously). I don't follow college football religiously or anything, but I think I follow it enough. Outside of Watson, I had not heard of any of the QBs being mentioned for the draft until people started talking about the draft.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkGA":28rgmch4 said:
JSeahawks":28rgmch4 said:

This is what I don't get . . . about him or most of the other quarterbacks (other than Watson, obviously). I don't follow college football religiously or anything, but I think I follow it enough. Outside of Watson, I had not heard of any of the QBs being mentioned for the draft until people started talking about the draft.

Very surprising to me.. Kizer was pretty damn good in 2015 and the whole team fell apart this past season. Pat Mahomes has been throwing for insane numbers at Texas Tech for a couple of years. Mitch Trubisky was a pretty common name as well in the college football circles.

Stop being an SEC homer HawkGA ;) (I kid, I kid)

Really though - this draft is pretty ugly if you're looking for a franchise QB. Deshaun Watson is it, and for some reason scouts aren't exactly in love with him either.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Kizer is a big reason ND was 4-8..They lost 7 games by 7 or less.
Kizer would go south in the 2nd half in most of those 7 games.
He is a QB that needs to sit and learn for at least a couple of years.
That comment he made was a very stupid one.

chris98251

Reaction score
Irish and Wolverines and Buckeyes oh my, rarely do we ever see a player come from there that is humble, especially at a skill position. Just remember Tate for our own recent memory.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1pdx29ou said:
[

Stop being an SEC homer HawkGA ;) (I kid, I kid)

I'm very comfortable in my SEC bubble, thank you very much!

:2thumbs:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Watching Mel and Todd, "Kizer had the ball in his hands at the end of quite a few games and failed to produce."

HawkGA

Reaction score
ivotuk":2rwelzlp said:
Watching Mel and Todd, "Kizer had the ball in his hands at the end of quite a few games and failed to produce."

Sounds perfect for the Browns!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":3cfgvot4 said:
Uncle Si":3cfgvot4 said:

When you isolate that quote, I agree that it tones the whole statement down quite a bit. When taken in totality, I think it sends a completely different tone, in my opinion. But, I guess it's all a matter of interpretation. I guess we just disagree. If Tom and Payton said worse than this, it doesn't make what Kizer said any better, it just makes what they said worse. Again, just my opinion.

I also think there is a possibility that some GM's may see it the same way I do, and it might be the difference between him and other guys. That's what I meant about possibly affecting his draft status.

Not disagreeing. But that was the quote he was getting hammered for.