Jabrill Peppers failed drug test at combine

DJrmb

Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder if he'll fall out of the first round because of this? Someone on the radio was saying there has never been a successful pro that failed a drug test at the combine. I don't know how true or not that is. It would be nice to know what it was he was trying to hide, if it was just weed or if it was PEDs.

Michigan LB/S Jabrill Peppers failed his Combine drug test.
Peppers had a diluted sample, which counts as a failed test. It puts him in the same boat as Alabama ILB Reuben Foster, who also turned in a diluted sample. It's especially bad news for Peppers, as he was already swimming against the first round current. The college star lacks a clear position
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12218/jabrill-peppers

brimsalabim

Reaction score
You can debate Percy but I'd say both Randy Moss & Warren Sapp both succeeded in the NFL.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I don't care about a diluted test. I have to take random UAs but I drink a LOT of water and have turned in diluted tests.

If he's working out for LB and DB, then he's going through a LOT of liquids, more than anyone else, and is likely to have diluted urine.

If it helps us get him in the 2nd, then I'm all for it! Bad test! OMG! :snack:

OP
OP
DJrmb

DJrmb

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1ow7y98f said:
You can debate Percy but I'd say both Randy Moss & Warren Sapp both succeeded in the NFL.
Ah hah! I figured there must have been some, especially after hearing the person that said that was Bill Polian. That guy has said some really stupid stuff lately haha.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
A diluted test means that you failed just the same as the next guy that takes the test and is high as **** on meth and weed. OK, that makes sense. To me a diluted test is basically saying "you didn't pass, but you also didn't not pass." You look at the prospects history, his interviews, talk with his college coaches, etc. I'd bet more than half the teams in the NFL don't even care about diluted tests if everything else is clean.

In my opinion Peppers situation is significantly different that Foster's from Alabama because of exactly what I wrote in the previous sentence: his history. I doubt that Peppers "failed" test will have much of an effect on his draft status. Depending on what you read he wasn't a guaranteed first round pick to begin with.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If you take some creatine you won't get a diluted result.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

gowazzu02

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":qaj3s03s said:
A diluted test means that you failed just the same as the next guy that takes the test and is high as **** on meth and weed. OK, that makes sense. To me a diluted test is basically saying "you didn't pass, but you also didn't not pass." You look at the prospects history, his interviews, talk with his college coaches, etc. I'd bet more than half the teams in the NFL don't even care about diluted tests if everything else is clean.

In my opinion Peppers situation is significantly different that Foster's from Alabama because of exactly what I wrote in the previous sentence: his history. I doubt that Peppers "failed" test will have much of an effect on his draft status. Depending on what you read he wasn't a guaranteed first round pick to begin with.

The problem is in the nfls eyes, doesn't matter if you have diluted test or are pumped full of weed. You still fail.

Which means your now in the drug program which means your one failed test away from being suspended 4 games, 2 failed tests from 8 and another from being Josh Gordon'd.

It's risky especially in Seattle and Denver. Since weed is now legal. Lot of temptation around town.... Heck I drive by a guy every day that wears a sandwich board marketing a pot shop down the street.