Dalvin Cook is dropping

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Is he a carry the load back like Lynch was? Hawks signed lacy as a bit of a stop gap with the 1 yr deal. They drafted 3 backs last year but wouldn't surprise me if they took a guy that they thought could be a difference maker. Cook is dropping fast. Maybe a fit?

titan3131

Reaction score
no, he is a very underwhelming athletic profile who has no comps that succeed in the NFL. Give me foreman or mixon.

OldWiseHawk

Reaction score
Averaged 25 td's and over six yards a carry. 2 time all-American. He may have not interviewed well and showed poorly in tights at the combine, but the guy is running away from people when wearing pads. He's strong, fast, elusive and can receive out of the backfield. He hasn't knocked any women out that I know of either.

I like Foreman too, but not nearly as much as Cook. Cook damn near knocked off Clemson and he played spoiler to Mich. Cook was impressive for three seasons.

ivotuk

Reaction score
He's been compared to Marshall Faulk. I can see it. Only worries are his shoulders, but they may not be a problem now after having had surgery. Surgery does make things better sometimes.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Cook in his tape. He shows such a great burst and more power than you would initially think just looking at him.

The thing that scares me with him is the off field stuff. From being charged with battery charges for hitting a woman in the face multiple times, to ruining other peoples property by shooting a bb gun at apartments and cars getting him charged with criminal mischief, to having his dogs removed from him because he was cited for mistreating them, to being involved with an aggravated assault charge for brandishing a weapon and threatening a neighbor at his apartment... I know that he was acquitted from the battery charge, but that doesn't necessarily mean he didn't do it. He has quite the pattern over the last few years that indicates something is off with his character. Maybe a change of scenery and getting him away from his current friends will be just what he needs but that's a risk you're taking. If he continues down the same path he's on now off the field it won't be long until it effects him and his team on the field again.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":2azyeqoq said:
He's been compared to Marshall Faulk. I can see it.

I might suggest that time has dulled the luster of Faulk as a prospect.

Faulk's testing didn't belie his production. In fact his testing was elite -- posting a 4.28 40.

The difference between Faulk's 40 and Cook's is greater than the difference between Cook's and Aaron Donald's.

Cook may be a gifted pass catcher. But Faulk is the hands down gold standard of pass catchers at the RB position in NFL history.

I like Cook. But he's no Marshall Faulk. Cook to me is a legitimate 20-35 overall prospect. Should go ahead of McCaffery unless he goes to a team that he just fits better.

If Faulk is in this class, he's in the conversation of going #1 overall.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If Cook falls to 26, I'm going to hate Eddie Lacy even more than I do now

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ivotuk":bhkd4cwr said:
He's been compared to Marshall Faulk. I can see it. Only worries are his shoulders, but they may not be a problem now after having had surgery. Surgery does make things better sometimes.

Faulk was unbelievable in college, I don't think that comparison fits. He does remind me a lot of Clinton Portis though - and he's a guy I was PRAYING we would take, and then the Broncos sniped us at the last moment for him.. then we were stuck with *dry heave* Maurice Morris as Portis blew up in Denver and Washington. Also see a lot of Jamaal Charles in his game. Either way, Cook is going to be an absolute steal if he fell into the 2nd round.

Rat

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1x61vfh0 said:
ivotuk":1x61vfh0 said:

Faulk was unbelievable in college, I don't think that comparison fits. He does remind me a lot of Clinton Portis though - and he's a guy I was PRAYING we would take, and then the Broncos sniped us at the last moment for him.. then we were stuck with *dry heave* Maurice Morris as Portis blew up in Denver and Washington. Also see a lot of Jamaal Charles in his game. Either way, Cook is going to be an absolute steal if he fell into the 2nd round.

I like that Charles comparison.

He's crazy explosive; I know we're already stacked at RB, but I'd at least think about it if he was there.

chris98251

Reaction score
Our current RB stability is like this, pieces but it just takes a wrong move and the whole plan crumbles.

closeup-of-jenga-game-on-table-picture-id594858213

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":stfnwz7r said:
If Cook falls to 26, I'm going to hate Eddie Lacy even more than I do now

Lacy and his one year deal wont change how the seahawks draft one iota.