I'm ready to roll the dice on some dirt bags, medicals etc..

King Dog

Reaction score
We've been drafting late for a while now which has had an impact on the talent we've been able to bring in. If we don't trade up, I'm hoping the Hawks roll the dice on a few prospects who are considered to have very good or elite talent who slide a bit for whatever reason. Failed tests, medicals, being a scumbag in general - the Joe Mixon's, Sidney Jones, La'el Collins, Tunsil's of the draft.

With a tight cap, aging core players, and drafts where you're picking late, I don't know how else you go from being good, back to the next level without a roll of the dice or two.

Boycie

Reaction score
King Dog":1zlhck95 said:
We've been drafting late for a while now which has had an impact on the talent we've been able to bring in. If we don't trade up, I'm hoping the Hawks roll the dice on a few prospects who are considered to have very good or elite talent who slide a bit for whatever reason. Failed tests, medicals, being a scumbag in general - the Joe Mixon's, Sidney Jones, La'el Collins, Tunsil's of the draft.

With a tight cap, aging core players, and drafts where you're picking late, I don't know how else you go from being good, back to the next level without a roll of the dice or two.

I can't see us going with Mixon, especially after grabbing Clark a couple of years ago.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I agree, if you can steal a talent that should've gone earlier and isn't in the middle of a shit storm currently then he's worth a look. Mixon is on his best behaviour tour and it was not a highlight reel moment but it was a singular event, he may prove too toxic in this market but if he slides into the 3rd where we can land him, idk how you can not go there. Jones should be a no brainer if he lands in a spot where we can get him, he's a top 10-15 talent but hes projecting as still a 2nd and mid 2nd at that, that's a high pick still. I'd love to see Brantley too but no idea where he'll fall and what impact his issues will play on his draft spot. Conley who knows what'll happen. Can you imagine drafting Mixon and Conley same year lol. you'd be on every feminist groups radar as enemy #1

DJrmb

Reaction score
I agree, I would like to see us take a risk on a guy or two that has high talent but dropped for off the field reasons. A guy I think could be huge value is Ishmael Zamora. He will be written off by a lot of people because of the video of him beating his dog. I think if not for that he would at least be a mid round pick maybe even a 2nd or 3rd round guy. He needs a lot of work on running routes because they basically just had him run go routes in college but there's no denying his athleticism (4.4's 40 time, 40" Vert) and size (6'4" 220). He's expected to be a 6th round pick or possibly UDFA. He'd be a STEAL in my opinion!

flmmkrz

Reaction score
DJrmb":367kk351 said:
I agree, I would like to see us take a risk on a guy or two that has high talent but dropped for off the field reasons. A guy I think could be huge value is Ishmael Zamora. He will be written off by a lot of people because of the video of him beating his dog. I think if not for that he would at least be a mid round pick maybe even a 2nd or 3rd round guy. He needs a lot of work on running routes because they basically just had him run go routes in college but there's no denying his athleticism (4.4's 40 time, 40" Vert) and size (6'4" 220). He's expected to be a 6th round pick or possibly UDFA. He'd be a STEAL in my opinion!

You'll get bigger blowback from the fans over a dog beater imo

DJrmb

Reaction score
flmmkrz":1zchg3gk said:
Sadly, I think you are right. Probably some of the same people that wanted Seattle to sign Adrian Peterson this offseason would be the biggest bashers of Zamora. #beatkidsnotdogs :pukeface:

flmmkrz

Reaction score
for the record Im not pro beating either :)

lets save the dogs and children and stick to players who just hit women :p

yes that was in very poor taste, I admit...but I'd love Mixon or Brantley from a talent standpoint, Brantley from the sounds of it is going to go undrafted and he's a 1st-2nd round talent. Poor combine but I'd take him with my last pick just to have him so he's not going to whomever he chooses.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
The only thing worse than having a scumbag making plays for your team, is having that scumbag make plays for the other team. If he wouldn't slit his own mother's throat for a nickel, I'd pass.

chris98251

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2sxon5pz said:
The only thing worse than having a scumbag making plays for your team, is having that scumbag make plays for the other team. If he wouldn't slit his own mother's throat for a nickel, I'd pass.

Joan crawford older

Mommy Dearest, would at least need to be a dime.

Josea16

Reaction score
flmmkrz":ghbhyd2z said:
DJrmb":ghbhyd2z said:

Bring him in as UFDA. I hate dogs. I don't particularly like any animal that's considered suitable as a pet beyond cats because they basically take care of themselves and ignore you as a bonus. They have attitude just like the players we are trying to get. Mixon drops? Please get him immediately for example. Last time I looked Frank Clark is a stellar individual.

PC/JS call it grit. I call it attitude, moxie and and a chip on your shoulder because they will be out to prove all the knowitalls wrong...ie. Richard Sherman, Marshawn Lynch, Doug Baldwin, Russell Wilson among many other core players and about to be core players for the Seahawks going forward.

Give me players with actual talent with some perceived issue or past mistakes over a safe no issue guy of quantifiable lesser ability everyday of the week. Ruskell preferred the latter how'd that work out? Kelly Jennings was the pick that made me leave for a small break. Seriously, a small CB before the requirements were altered by PC for even rangier, taller guys years after?

Basically it's the reason for all the one year deals by the Seahawks. They definitely know these players could be Tier 1 level but they have fo prove it. It's really that simple yet confuses some who consider themselves experts on the sport but have no clue about how the current job market actually operates at most every level and specialality except in very special circumstances, corner cases and specific job positions mostly at the executive level.

Josea16

Reaction score
flmmkrz":1t8fr7y7 said:
never trust a man who doesn't like dogs.
Don't take your personal issues out on a guy that doesn't like animals that bite, bark and do worse for no reason and still have no backbone. Different strokes buddy. I prefer low maintenance pets so I'd apprecriate less snark and more respect especially given it's not the baseline for a man to prefer cats over dogs. :rumble:

chris98251

Reaction score
Josea16":2vn4sly2 said:
flmmkrz":2vn4sly2 said:
Don't take your personal issues out on a guy that doesn't like animals that bite, bark and do worse for no reason and still have no backbone. Different strokes buddy. I prefer low maintenance pets so I'd apprecriate less snark and more respect especially given it's not the baseline for a man to prefer cats over dogs. :rumble:

Chia Pet Lover.

41v4nWjCtGL

massari

Reaction score
Josea16":33eo2yz7 said:
flmmkrz":33eo2yz7 said:
A dog only bites if they have senseless humans who've adopted them.

Dogs who've been treated right and taught well contribute more to society than a lot of people.

naholmes

Reaction score
I'm all for rolling the dice on Sidney Jones. If he hadn't gotten hurt the Hawks would have no chance at him but now he should be available at 26 or possibly at 58. There's currently not much besides Sherman on the roster so taking this strategy would definitely mean double dipping at CB. I would try to pair Sidney Jones with a safe pick, like Shaq Griffin, who can play a ton of snaps at the start of the season. Then when Shead and Sidney Jones are ready to contribute down the stretch the defense has a chance to be special. This would give the team options with Sherman next off-season because then Jones is presumably healthy with some experience under his belt.

Mixon doesn't strike me as a good risk. He had this huge incident that everybody saw in but then last year he got into another public incident with a parking attendant. These incidents are flagrant and I suspect they are just the tip of the iceberg. It seems like some team is going to draft him early because he seems to be getting better publicity now, I hope it's another team.

Brantley is an idiot. How could he knock out a girl's tooth right before the draft. He's a 1st round defensive tackle but his legal defense appears to be self defense. I don't think any team will draft him.

Conley is another one that might be un-draftable. It's a strange story in the first place but even stranger that it happened on 4/9 but just came to light a couple days before the draft. It is a really ugly situation and would not want to link my franchise to it. I guess some team could spend a late pick on him, say innocent until proven guilty, and just be ready to release him immediately if it does happen to be true.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
massari":2malwiv3 said:
Josea16":2malwiv3 said:
flmmkrz":2malwiv3 said:

Dogs who've been treated right and taught well contribute more to society than a lot of people.
Sorry for off topic but regarding dogs attacking people-Dogs just don't like some people for whatever reason.I know this guy that gets attacked by any dog when he walks into a room where one is and I've never seen anything like it besides him.He even got attacked by a Parrot one time lol

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I wonder if the agent for Conley is going to play it like they did for Collins: Tell teams he won't report if drafted in a lower round, let the legalities play out and then basically pick and choose a team to go to as a UDFA? Can you imagine a GM taking him and then he's found guilty of rape?

flmmkrz

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2opotb5m said:
massari":2opotb5m said:
Josea16":2opotb5m said:
flmmkrz":2opotb5m said:

Sorry for off topic but regarding dogs attacking people-Dogs just don't like some people for whatever reason.I know this guy that gets attacked by any dog when he walks into a room where one is and I've never seen anything like it besides him.He even got attacked by a Parrot one time lol

lmao, animals have a great sense about people, watch out around him :p in all seriousness, I've volunteered at a shelter since I was in my teens helping socialize dogs so they can get adopted so I've seen some dogs just not respond well to some individuals but it is almost always something the human is doing unless the dogs been abused or naturally fearful, but if the dog is normally well behaved and one individual sets them off that is usually the case. Not intentionally most of the time but dogs pick up on emotion and energy better than we do, if somebody is high strung or tense or emotionally unstable, that makes the dog feel the same way and they reciprocate the behavior. It's like when you meet somebody the first time, sometimes you get a great vibe off someone and other times the person didn't do anything wrong you just didn't like their energy and vibe and you can't explain it. We just avoid that person, dogs don't have that option. Can't explain the parrot :lol:

flmmkrz

Reaction score
naholmes":3kjd62b7 said:
I'm all for rolling the dice on Sidney Jones. If he hadn't gotten hurt the Hawks would have no chance at him but now he should be available at 26 or possibly at 58. There's currently not much besides Sherman on the roster so taking this strategy would definitely mean double dipping at CB. I would try to pair Sidney Jones with a safe pick, like Shaq Griffin, who can play a ton of snaps at the start of the season. Then when Shead and Sidney Jones are ready to contribute down the stretch the defense has a chance to be special. This would give the team options with Sherman next off-season because then Jones is presumably healthy with some experience under his belt.

Mixon doesn't strike me as a good risk. He had this huge incident that everybody saw in but then last year he got into another public incident with a parking attendant. These incidents are flagrant and I suspect they are just the tip of the iceberg. It seems like some team is going to draft him early because he seems to be getting better publicity now, I hope it's another team.

Brantley is an idiot. How could he knock out a girl's tooth right before the draft. He's a 1st round defensive tackle but his legal defense appears to be self defense. I don't think any team will draft him.

Conley is another one that might be un-draftable. It's a strange story in the first place but even stranger that it happened on 4/9 but just came to light a couple days before the draft. It is a really ugly situation and would not want to link my franchise to it. I guess some team could spend a late pick on him, say innocent until proven guilty, and just be ready to release him immediately if it does happen to be true.

I didn't hear the Mixon 2nd issue, that is disheartening to hear. It's one thing for a kid to lose a cool once, as bad as it was, anybody provoked can lose their mind but you hope they grow from it but when bad decisions are a trend that doesn't bode well.

Brantley went brain dead, and he may be deemed too toxic but she did hit him first and copped to it so the defense could stick which would make him a steal pick.

I like the strategy on Conley too, in a perfect world I'd draft both late and hope one sticks and beats their wrap but ooh I couldn't imagine the pr nightmare associated with that. His situation is the bigger crime but the details around it look far more shady as well, he could well beat that accusation.

Jones should be a no brainer, the talent level is off the charts

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Rumor is Conley could be back in play , his agents got all the witnesses lined up and telling teams they'll beat this and Rappaport said he could be a 3rd round pick now. Which conveniently we are loaded with :)