Demarcus Walker

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I like this guy. Great pass rush moves. His swim move is deadly. He would be a great package with Bennett, Avril, and Clark.

penihawk

Reaction score
He is my draft shocker candidate. I could see them taking him in the 2nd when most have him in the 3rd or 4th round. I think he could rush from an end or become the 3 tech they want. Like him way more than McDowell.

pcbball12

Reaction score
Ya, I like Walker. The hawks like roster mirroring and I think he would be a nice guy to mirror Bennett. I would say he is OK rushing from the edge. But when moved inside he is a mismatch and becomes a very good rusher. I would be OK with him in the 2nd, probably there in the 3rd (at least as a trade up opportunity).

Really violent hands, some of the more active hands I saw in this class. Really good motor. And like I said, when lined up inside he is much quicker than OL. A guy that can play DE early downs and move inside to rush.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Don't see it unless he's there at the end of the fourth (which we don't have anyway).

Seattle's very consistent with selecting excellent athletes in R1/R2. Walker's testing was awful (9th percentile of NFL edge players) pretty much precludes him from consideration.

It's not good when you don't test strong, or explosive, or fast, or agile. From a seahawk perspective, he's a day 3 kind of guy.

titan3131

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":it0kyz70 said:
Don't see it unless he's there at the end of the fourth (which we don't have anyway).

Seattle's very consistent with selecting excellent athletes in R1/R2. Walker's testing was awful (9th percentile of NFL edge players) pretty much precludes him from consideration.

It's not good when you don't test strong, or explosive, or fast, or agile. From a seahawk perspective, he's a day 3 kind of guy.

The 9% is for DE, I wonder what his % wouold be if he was tested for DT he would be an inside 3T rusher for us imo, we dont have bennett off the edge hardly ever.

pcbball12

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1nk8wgjl said:

I definitely get this line of thinking, and it has been pretty consistent in the past with Seattle FO. But, the guy can flat out rush when inside. They have passed on guys due to the same reasons in the past and I think they somewhat regret it. I think if he's there at 58, they will think long and hard. Would be a great guy to add to pass rush rotation and possible long term replacement for Bennett.

penihawk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":8a9qksnk said:

He has similar workout numbers to Mcdowell & Brantley but the production to go with it, 31.5 sacks the last 2 years. He has a wrestling background and ran track as a youngster so he is plenty athletic. He has Seattle 3 Tech written all over him and I would be shocked if he is not coveted on their board. More inside pass rush is a big need.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
pcbball12":1o8z6mbh said:
Attyla the Hawk":1o8z6mbh said:

I definitely get this line of thinking, and it has been pretty consistent in the past with Seattle FO. But, the guy can flat out rush when inside. They have passed on guys due to the same reasons in the past and I think they somewhat regret it.

This is possible. Especially considering the nugget about how they've evaluated their misses over time.

I'm not bagging on Walker. I thought he was an electric player. But if Seattle stays true to form, he's not going to be taken until the 90s.

Brantley tested terribly (2nd percentile amongst NFL DTs). McDowell tested consistently better across the board (at 15 additional pounds) and still was in the 46th.

If I had to guess, Walker would be in the low 30s/high 20s percentile of athlete. Generally poor.

Although if you want to hold a candle for him -- it's worth noting that Jarran Reed tested in the low 20th percentile and we took him at 47. So positional skillset is something to consider.