KC drafting at 27 could be driving force for our trade down.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
“Andy like these quarterbacks, and he likes them where he’s picking,” the team official said of Kansas City coach Andy Reid, who picks 27th Thursday night.

That quotes from a piece on the mmqb site. Talking about Watson and Mahomes.

IF theres a team that likes one of them they may need to get in front of KC. And who do you suppose is sitting right in front of them at 26.

titan3131

Reaction score
some hot rumors on Texans loving Watson, if they snag him then we can start a mini run on Qb's with our spot being right in the middle of 3 qb needy teams maybe 4.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
That would be great to not lose the players we're targeting around that spot but to also gain some additionally relevant picks. I hated the late 1st and 4th rumor with Atl but if we can get a 1st and 3rd out of another qb hungry team and package up those 3rds we may be able to add another 2nd rounder and really attack this draft. Set ourselves up for the immediate future.

IrishNW

Reaction score
flmmkrz":3dtij6uz said:
That would be great to not lose the players we're targeting around that spot but to also gain some additionally relevant picks. I hated the late 1st and 4th rumor with Atl but if we can get a 1st and 3rd out of another qb hungry team and package up those 3rds we may be able to add another 2nd rounder and really attack this draft. Set ourselves up for the immediate future.

If we could get the same player at 31 that we would at 26 why would you hate gaining a 4th round draft pick?

flmmkrz

Reaction score
IrishNW":24tc6ncq said:
flmmkrz":24tc6ncq said:

If we could get the same player at 31 that we would at 26 why would you hate gaining a 4th round draft pick?

There is no guarantee you could get the same player so to make that trade I would need value back. Atls 4th is pretty much a 5th with how late they pick so no I would expect their 3rd and the draft value charts say that wouldbe fair value. The idea of cutting a team that youre now trying to keep up with a deal isnt anything id be intetested in. With how top heavy this draft is id rather deny atl getting a chance at the player they covet than adding what amounts to an early 5th rounder. They want him bad enough they pay what every other team in the spot would be asking for. No Dan Quinn discount.

IrishNW

Reaction score
flmmkrz":33z69nko said:
IrishNW":33z69nko said:
flmmkrz":33z69nko said:

There is no guarantee you could get the same player so to make that trade I would need value back. Atls 4th is pretty much a 5th with how late they pick so no I would expect their 3rd and the draft value charts say that wouldbe fair value. The idea of cutting a team that youre now trying to keep up with a deal isnt anything id be intetested in. With how top heavy this draft is id rather deny atl getting a chance at the player they covet than adding what amounts to an early 5th rounder. They want him bad enough they pay what every other team in the spot would be asking for. No Dan Quinn discount.

The only way seattle is trading back for that low of value is if they know for a fact that they can get the player they want. So again if you can get the same player at 31 that you could at 26 why would you not take a 4th?

cheese22

Reaction score
I think the point is that the 4th rounder we'd get is at the end of the round so you can say that picks value is actually that of a 5th rounder. So, they think our pick is worth more than a 1st and 5th, in theory. I'd say it's worth more than a 5th for them to get their target even if we still get our target at 31.

IrishNW

Reaction score
cheese22":13p8xjib said:
I think the point is that the 4th rounder we'd get is at the end of the round so you can say that picks value is actually that of a 5th rounder. So, they think our pick is worth more than a 1st and 5th, in theory. I'd say it's worth more than a 5th for them to get their target even if we still get our target at 31.

Value is determined by the market

flmmkrz

Reaction score
And the value hasnt been determined so willing to talk trade for under league accepted values is my issue. Hence why i dont like the Atl offer as it stands. Now come tmw, if the draft breaks the way the Jspc hope and there remains enough players on their board to make a trade and still get shots at multiple guys they could target and there are no better offers then i guess u do what is in the teams best interest. If they believe thats the trade then take it if its pick then pick but i can support it if all the stones have been turned over and it benefits us. Lets see where the market takes us.

IrishNW

Reaction score
flmmkrz":ghmqjim5 said:
And the value hasnt been determined so willing to talk trade for under league accepted values is my issue. Hence why i dont like the Atl offer as it stands. Now come tmw, if the draft breaks the way the Jspc hope and there remains enough players on their board to make a trade and still get shots at multiple guys they could target and there are no better offers then i guess u do what is in the teams best interest. If they believe thats the trade then take it if its pick then pick but i can support it if all the stones have been turned over and it benefits us. Lets see where the market takes us.

I disagree, I think the value could very well be easily determined already. Teams don't just wait until draft day to talk trades.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I think you can get a general feel for who may be looking to move and what the current market is but its always in flux until a deals done. You can be enticed early by a good offer which atlantas wasnt but otherwise you let the draft play out.. you dont know how itll break and which offers may end up coming your way or if youll even be interested in them til then. So either make me an offer i cant turn down or we'll talk later. Looks like for the moment theyre going with talkin later.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
cheese22":1c5z49da said:

Also last year we did virtually the same trade and got a 1st and a 3rd.....

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I highly recommend that anyone interested in trade scenerios (if you haven't already) go to:
http://draftwired2.com:8888/apps/DraftWired
-sign in as guest or register
-click on "Trade Gadget" in top header.

I think they use the "old" trade chart for values, however you can use the calculator (right side of screen) you can see each teams actual and current draft picks (including 2018/2019 - 1-st Rd picks) to mix and match 'till your eyes blur. It's kind of fun though. Even using the "old" draft trade chart, the results should still be within +/- 10%. A teams motivation to actually make a trade remains as a to be determined factor.