As a hawk fan what do you NOT want SF to draft

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I heard some grumblings on Brock and Salk this morning that some rumors are floating around that the browns are taking Trubisky and leaving Myles Garrett for SF.

That obviously is worst case scenario.

But lets put that aside for a second and say Cleveland actually does something not dumb for a moment (I know its a stretch) and they take Garrett.

Who scares you at 2 in SF?

I think Fornette could be a real problem down there. Think about all the fits Beast mode gave our division, now we'd have to deal with Gurley and Fornette 4 times a year.

On the other side.

I'd love to see them take a QB, Only QB I see having much success from this years crop is Mahomes, and I dont think anyone see's him going as high as 2.

thoughts?

While we're talking division, I'd obviously LOVE for the cardinals to take a qb too!

Seahawkfisher

Reaction score
I know this is probably against the grain...but...I do not want to see them draft Watson...in any round. I really think that be he is the best QB available....and would hate to see them steal him with a later pick. RW part 2 in my opinion...

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Honestly don't care even a little bit what the Niners do. That being said, if Cleveland is dumb enough not to draft Garrett, that changes a lot for that 1st round.

Jville

Reaction score
With the 49er's 1st pick ..... Kelsey Plum ..... to fill those empty seats.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WNBA/status/857593294318161922[/tweet]

DJrmb

Reaction score
Elite pass rushers/D-lineman...

I don't want them anywhere near Myles Garrett (I'm hoping the rumors that Cleveland likes Trubisky at #1 is a lie). I am also praying that somehow SF doesn't draft Solomon Thomas. The one thing that seams to be our kryptonite is elite defensive line. We have been able to stay in games and beat good teams like the Patriots last year when they don't pose a threat on the D-line, but even horrible teams like the Rams have for years been able to make our offense of no effect with elite pass rushers and D-line. I don't want the 49ers line to have any chance of getting near the Rams or Cardinals lines and have another team we have to face twice a year holding the Seahawks kryptonite...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't really care who SF drafts, because they're still going to be 5-10 players away from being competitive again.

But if I had to choose a player that might give us fits, especially Russell? It's Garrett..........but I don't think he'll be at #2, Cleveland's taking him. No matter how much they try and make it look like they're going to draft Trubisky to try and trick SF into trading into the #1 spot.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind them taking Garrett, I think he's going to be very mediocre in the NFL.

Rat

Reaction score
DeShaun Watson. He's a winner and has all the tools. Every QB needy team who passes on him will regret it.

I also hope they don't take Lattimore or Hooker, because I'm a Buckeye fan and don't like it when they take our guys. Sucks enough that Carlos Hyde plays there.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3qez53ie said:
I wouldn't mind them taking Garrett, I think he's going to be very mediocre in the NFL.

That might be true when he is playing against other teams. Tom Cable's line made Brooks Reed look like an elite rusher in the playoffs.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3cr67656 said:
I don't really care who SF drafts, because they're still going to be 5-10 players away from being competitive again.

I'm a damn 9ers fan, but seriously, this.

5-10 is probably even an underestimate.

I think the even money question is if PC will be retired by the time Hawks have to give any thought to the 9ers again. (not kidding)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rat":19n3rq2y said:
DeShaun Watson. He's a winner and has all the tools. Every QB needy team who passes on him will regret it.

Watson doesn't fit Shanahan's offense, he likes traditional pro style pocket QB's...........and while I agree Watson's a winner, and a dynamic QB I think he's going to struggle quite a bit adapting to the pros.

All these one read spread QB's are so far behind the learning curve now coming into the pros.

nash72

Reaction score
DJrmb":2ego9h4o said:
Elite pass rushers/D-lineman...

I don't want them anywhere near Myles Garrett (I'm hoping the rumors that Cleveland likes Trubisky at #1 is a lie). I am also praying that somehow SF doesn't draft Solomon Thomas. The one thing that seams to be our kryptonite is elite defensive line. We have been able to stay in games and beat good teams like the Patriots last year when they don't pose a threat on the D-line, but even horrible teams like the Rams have for years been able to make our offense of no effect with elite pass rushers and D-line. I don't want the 49ers line to have any chance of getting near the Rams or Cardinals lines and have another team we have to face twice a year holding the Seahawks kryptonite...

This. Our line is horrid and opposing teams with good pass rushers and a hefty Dline gives us fits.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Can they get Harbaugh back as their coach through the draft? If not, I'm good.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":28fgkabk said:
Jonathan Allen. I think he'll be very close to as good as Aaron Donald.

It's wild how Allen went from possible #1 to consensus #2 to somewhere in the top 10 in a couple months.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Only concerned about them finally getting a legit quarterback. Otherwise no big deal.

SE174

Reaction score
As long as they don't draft Kupp. That would piss me off.