Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

As a hawk fan what do you NOT want SF to draft

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • I heard some grumblings on Brock and Salk this morning that some rumors are floating around that the browns are taking Trubisky and leaving Myles Garrett for SF.

That obviously is worst case scenario.

But lets put that aside for a second and say Cleveland actually does something not dumb for a moment (I know its a stretch) and they take Garrett.

Who scares you at 2 in SF?

I think Fornette could be a real problem down there. Think about all the fits Beast mode gave our division, now we'd have to deal with Gurley and Fornette 4 times a year.

On the other side.

I'd love to see them take a QB, Only QB I see having much success from this years crop is Mahomes, and I dont think anyone see's him going as high as 2.

thoughts?

While we're talking division, I'd obviously LOVE for the cardinals to take a qb too!
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

• I would HATE Fournette. Jamal Adams too.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• I know this is probably against the grain...but...I do not want to see them draft Watson...in any round. I really think that be he is the best QB available....and would hate to see them steal him with a later pick. RW part 2 in my opinion...

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk
    Seahawkfisher
    NET Bench Warmer

• Honestly don't care even a little bit what the Niners do. That being said, if Cleveland is dumb enough not to draft Garrett, that changes a lot for that 1st round.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• With the 49er's 1st pick ..... Kelsey Plum ..... to fill those empty seats.

Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Elite pass rushers/D-lineman...

I don't want them anywhere near Myles Garrett (I'm hoping the rumors that Cleveland likes Trubisky at #1 is a lie). I am also praying that somehow SF doesn't draft Solomon Thomas. The one thing that seams to be our kryptonite is elite defensive line. We have been able to stay in games and beat good teams like the Patriots last year when they don't pose a threat on the D-line, but even horrible teams like the Rams have for years been able to make our offense of no effect with elite pass rushers and D-line. I don't want the 49ers line to have any chance of getting near the Rams or Cardinals lines and have another team we have to face twice a year holding the Seahawks kryptonite...
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• I don't really care who SF drafts, because they're still going to be 5-10 players away from being competitive again.

But if I had to choose a player that might give us fits, especially Russell? It's Garrett..........but I don't think he'll be at #2, Cleveland's taking him. No matter how much they try and make it look like they're going to draft Trubisky to try and trick SF into trading into the #1 spot.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Aaron Donald & Myles Garrett in the same division vs Tom Cable.

I am praying for Wilson.
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

• I wouldn't mind them taking Garrett, I think he's going to be very mediocre in the NFL.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• DeShaun Watson. He's a winner and has all the tools. Every QB needy team who passes on him will regret it.

I also hope they don't take Lattimore or Hooker, because I'm a Buckeye fan and don't like it when they take our guys. Sucks enough that Carlos Hyde plays there.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Sports Hernia wrote:I wouldn't mind them taking Garrett, I think he's going to be very mediocre in the NFL.

That might be true when he is playing against other teams. Tom Cable's line made Brooks Reed look like an elite rusher in the playoffs.
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:I don't really care who SF drafts, because they're still going to be 5-10 players away from being competitive again.

I'm a damn 9ers fan, but seriously, this.

5-10 is probably even an underestimate.

I think the even money question is if PC will be retired by the time Hawks have to give any thought to the 9ers again. (not kidding)
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Rat wrote:DeShaun Watson. He's a winner and has all the tools. Every QB needy team who passes on him will regret it.

Watson doesn't fit Shanahan's offense, he likes traditional pro style pocket QB's...........and while I agree Watson's a winner, and a dynamic QB I think he's going to struggle quite a bit adapting to the pros.

All these one read spread QB's are so far behind the learning curve now coming into the pros.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• DJrmb wrote:Elite pass rushers/D-lineman...

I don't want them anywhere near Myles Garrett (I'm hoping the rumors that Cleveland likes Trubisky at #1 is a lie). I am also praying that somehow SF doesn't draft Solomon Thomas. The one thing that seams to be our kryptonite is elite defensive line. We have been able to stay in games and beat good teams like the Patriots last year when they don't pose a threat on the D-line, but even horrible teams like the Rams have for years been able to make our offense of no effect with elite pass rushers and D-line. I don't want the 49ers line to have any chance of getting near the Rams or Cardinals lines and have another team we have to face twice a year holding the Seahawks kryptonite...

This. Our line is horrid and opposing teams with good pass rushers and a hefty Dline gives us fits.
    nash72
    NET Veteran

• Can they get Harbaugh back as their coach through the draft? If not, I'm good.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jonathan Allen. I think he'll be very close to as good as Aaron Donald.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• Echo here, Jonathan Allen.
    "All in the game yo, all in the game"
    Omar Devon Little
    1980-2007
    two dog
    NET Veteran

• IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:Jonathan Allen. I think he'll be very close to as good as Aaron Donald.

It's wild how Allen went from possible #1 to consensus #2 to somewhere in the top 10 in a couple months.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• Only concerned about them finally getting a legit quarterback. Otherwise no big deal.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• As long as they don't draft Kupp. That would piss me off.
    "You can hurry up all you want. But if you can't get yards and can't complete passes, then it's just quick three-and-outs." -- Richard Sherman
    SE174
    NET Veteran

• Another vote for Allen, I'm sick of the gauntlet of dlines we have to face each year. No more elite DTs and Ends please. Take all the skill players on offense you wish.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

• Only worry is the Browns might pay a kings ransom to the 49ers to get the #2. That would suck because I think the 9ers would love to trade back from 2 to 12 and pick a bunch of extra picks to fillout their terrible roster.
    naholmes
    NET Rookie

• Niners just got some good stuff for moving down a spot.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Watching the draft with no sound. What were the terms of the trade?
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Just saw it. Holy crap. For moving 1 spot?
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Rat wrote:Niners just got some good stuff for moving down a spot.

Bears overpaid for moving one spot, but they secure their qb, sooo.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• And a QB goes!
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Rat wrote:Niners just got some good stuff for moving down a spot.

Interesting that the bears gave up all that for a QB they probably could have gotten at 3.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• HawkGA wrote:Watching the draft with no sound. What were the terms of the trade?

3rd 2017
    4th 2017
    3rd 2018
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:Watching the draft with no sound. What were the terms of the trade?

3rd 2017
    4th 2017
    3rd 2018

I guess this is what I want the least as a hawks fan... them getting a bunch of picks for not giving g up anything really...
    Hollandhawk
    NET Rookie

• Solomon Thomas it is.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Meh. So that's three similar first round DEs for the Whiners: Armstead, Buckner, and Thomas. That's what their last three years of suffering have netted them.

Is Brian Hoyer starting for them at QB this year? Or will it be Matt Barkley? :twisted:
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• Great pick by SF. Lynch knows our weakness and is attacking it.

Crap.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, it was a great first pick for them and they also raped the Bears for extra picks along the way. Well done. Russ will definitely know Thomas by first name with our line.
    nash72
    NET Veteran

• Crizilla wrote:Great pick by SF. Lynch knows our weakness and is attacking it.

Crap.

Nah, he's more Frank Clark than Aaron Donald. A good player but he won't single-handedly takeover games as a pass rusher.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:47 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information