Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

OfficialGeneral Draft Discussion teams other then Seahawks

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    RussB wrote:Could have had ramzyk or foster but chose meaningless 3rd round picks wich probably wont amount to anything in the NFL. Great job pete and john, enjoy watching wilson get destroyed again because thats whats gonna happen.

You really view them as meaningless?

...really?

Who have the seahawks taken in the 3rd round the past 2 years that is good besides tyler lockett? They needed ramzyck badly just watch them pick some trash lineman in the 3rd or 4th who gets demolished by chandler jones and everyone else. Or some corner who wont ever make the team or will be injured all season long.

Foster
    Obi
    King
    Ramzyck

They could have had either of those guys and got jack shit. Sorry im just not impressed.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• Theres still players on the board that some people were comfortable taking at 26 but now we get them and picked up a haul... what's not to like?

Obi, King, Budda, Willis, Lamp, Robinson,

SO many!
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:
    RussB wrote:Could have had ramzyk or foster but chose meaningless 3rd round picks wich probably wont amount to anything in the NFL. Great job pete and john, enjoy watching wilson get destroyed again because thats whats gonna happen.

So Sherman, Chancellor, Russell Wilson, were all meaningless and more so since two were after the 3rd, they must have been throw away picks.

Those picks happened years ago. Who have they picked in the later rounds the past 2 years?
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• DJrmb wrote:Theres still players on the board that some people were comfortable taking at 26 but now we get them and picked up a haul... what's not to like?

SO many!

Trust me they will be gone by the time hawks pick next.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• RussB wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

...really?

Who have the seahawks taken in the 3rd round the past 2 years that is good besides tyler lockett? They needed ramzyck badly just watch them pick some trash lineman in the 3rd or 4th who gets demolished by chandler jones and everyone else. Or some corner who wont ever make the team or will be injured all season long.

Foster
    Obi
    King
    Ramzyck

They could have had either of those guys and got jack shit. Sorry im just not impressed.

Dude, they can STILL get Obi, or King...or Budda. Wilson and Witherspoon are out there.

The draft board is still stacked. The Hawks are gonna leave with a bushel basket of talented players tomorrow.
    DanejaHawk
    NET Practice Squad

• RussB wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:Theres still players on the board that some people were comfortable taking at 26 but now we get them and picked up a haul... what's not to like?

SO many!

How can 6 players be gone in 3 picks?

Dude, have a beer and R-E-L-A-X
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• RussB wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

...really?

Foster
    Obi
    King
    Ramzyck

Prosise looks to be a find, Vannett had player in front but looked good in pre season, has looked serviceable when given the chance, that is saying a lot given our Line right now.

Besides after one year it's always hard to grade every player.

So next rant?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• DJrmb wrote:
    RussB wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:Theres still players on the board that some people were comfortable taking at 26 but now we get them and picked up a haul... what's not to like?

SO many!

How can 6 players be gone in 3 picks?

Dude, have a beer and R-E-L-A-X

It's actually only one pick. The packers, then us at the top of round two.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• RussB wrote:

SO many!

well the 3rds do offer some flexibility to move up in the 2nd with our own pick or possibly even add one. It may not be as dire as you're taking it right now. The biggest issue at the moment is the 3 hours of my life I want back from watching this to not get any picks done.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

• The Hawks #1 choice is still there. This is exciting. 6 picks tomorrow and 5 on Saturday. Like JS said it's going to be a fun weekend.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• seahawkfreak wrote:
    minormillikin wrote:It would be interesting to look at the draft thread from 3 or 4 years ago, see which players everyone was clamoring for, and how good those players actually are today.

By all means do your research.

I was just looking deep into the pages here, back to 2013 and it looks like long threads may have been deleted. Lots of individual threads about players good, bad and forgotten, but no 2013 draft day thread.

Plus, it looks like all the server-space-saving (necessary evil) has caused the thread dates to go wonky - making it tough to find stuff on my phone.

Maybe if it's slow at work tomorrow I'll gather some stuff to showcase. I'm actually most interested in who we were right about. 98% of these draft picks don't add up to much, so making wrong predictions is just part of the game.
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

• flmmkrz wrote:
    RussB wrote:

SO many!

well the 3rds do offer some flexibility to move up in the 2nd with our own pick or possibly even add one. It may not be as dire as you're taking it right now. The biggest issue at the moment is the 3 hours of my life I want back from watching this to not get any picks done.

Do not think we will move up, JS wants depth and get younger now. More picks and selected at our need and pain in the butts, secondary, Kam, Sherm and Earl have all ruffled feathers be it stating retirement, holding out or unhappy for some reason. They are also now getting expensive, age and money expect Thomas who is still in his prime but you have to worry about his size and durability going forward as well.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• RussB wrote:Could have had ramzyk or foster but chose meaningless 3rd round picks wich probably wont amount to anything in the NFL. Great job pete and john, enjoy watching wilson get destroyed again because thats whats gonna happen.

WOW, Really? It's all about the bigger picture rather than just being married to any 1 player. The Seahawks go into tomorrow with 6 picks in the 2nd and 3rd Rounds ... PLUS a high 4th Round Draft Choice at #111 as well. That is a LOT of draft capital that Schneider and company can make some significant moves with. Seriously look at the guys who are still available on the board.

Cam Robinson (one of the top Tackles) and Forrest Lamp (whom many have tagged as the BEST guard in this draft and a future pro bowler) are still there on the board. Seattle picks 2nd tomorrow, so I predict they land 1 of those 2.

As far as CB's are concerned, Kevin King is still there ... so is Quincy Wilson ... and Chidobe Awuzie ... and Sidney Jones.

Safeties -- Obi Melafonwu (whom a lot of people have fallen in love with) is still there ... Justin Evans ... and Budda Baker ... and a host of others are ripe for the picking.

Defensive freaks of nature like Jordan Willis are still there.

So no, absolutely not. It's not out of the realm of possibility whatsoever that the Seahawks could land themselves 3 or 4 of these guys tomorrow. Never judge until you see the end product -- and see what they look like on the field -- 2 and even 3 years down the road.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• RussB wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

...really?

Foster
    Obi
    King
    Ramzyck

Two of those guys are still on the board. 34 is the second pick tomorrow. Are you specifically trying to prove my point while simultaneously disagreeing with me, or have you not been following? It is literally impossible that this entire list of players is gone by 34 unless one withdraws from the draft.

I wouldn't even be mad if they traded down ANOTHER couple picks!
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Just saw this and found it both interesting and refreshing ...

Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• I will forgive them if they land both Cam Robinson and Quincy Wilson. One can be replaced with Forrest (Gump) Lamp and the other with Kevin King.
    The Moment: Image
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

• minormillikin wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:
    minormillikin wrote:It would be interesting to look at the draft thread from 3 or 4 years ago, see which players everyone was clamoring for, and how good those players actually are today.

By all means do your research.

I was just looking deep into the pages here, back to 2013 and it looks like long threads may have been deleted. Lots of individual threads about players good, bad and forgotten, but no 2013 draft day thread.

Plus, it looks like all the server-space-saving (necessary evil) has caused the thread dates to go wonky - making it tough to find stuff on my phone.

Maybe if it's slow at work tomorrow I'll gather some stuff to showcase. I'm actually most interested in who we were right about. 98% of these draft picks don't add up to much, so making wrong predictions is just part of the game.

Sorry, I forgot to put :sarcasm_on: . :lol: My humor is hard to express online. Drafts are definitely subjective. Your point is well taken.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:
    Milehighhawk wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:would of been nice to get ramcyzk...have a feeling we get the worst draft grade this year...damn we needed a good draft too...

Yes because the draft is clearly over. :roll:

Gameday forum feel about it doesn't it?

Oh yes, it's drama queen central here. Worse than my wife's book club. This draft has played out perfectly for the Seahawks. We're going to reload the defense with multiple elite players just like we need.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• TwilightError wrote:I will forgive them if they land both Cam Robinson and Quincy Wilson. One can be replaced with Forrest (Gump) Lamp and the other with Kevin King.

I would love that as well. I feel like Lamp or Robinson is the pick at 33 and see which DBs are still available at 58. There are still a lot of DBs that fit the Seahawk profile: King, Wilson, Obi, Tankersley, Moreau, Sidney Jones and they will still get a good one at 58.
    naholmes
    NET Rookie

• Hawkscanner wrote:Just saw this and found it both interesting and refreshing ...

Would you expect him to say otherwise?
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• HawkGA wrote:
    Hawkscanner wrote:Just saw this and found it both interesting and refreshing ...

I wouldn't expect him to lie about something so specific. He probably wouldn't comment on it if our preferred target had been taken.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• I keep looking at that Chicago trade to secure Trubisky and wonder what on earth they were thinking. Great play of the hand by John Lynch though.

Also, Browns getting yet more high value picks for next season. Have to applaud that.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

• uncle fester wrote:I keep looking at that Chicago trade to secure Trubisky and wonder what on earth they were thinking. Great play of the hand by John Lynch though.

Also, Browns getting yet more high value picks for next season. Have to applaud that.

Only explanation is that another team (probably Cleveland as they were reported to be considering Trubisky at #1) had a deal in place with Santa Clara to move up and take Trubisky and the 9ers gave the Chicago a chance to beat it or lose "their guy".

Why Chicago believed that Trubisky was worth as much as they did? That's beyond me...
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• HawkGA wrote:
    Hawkscanner wrote:Just saw this and found it both interesting and refreshing ...

No I wouldn't ... but at the same time, I actually believe him. I was listening to 710 ESPN this morning to get their thoughts on the matter ... and Brock's take was basically the same as mine. That being that the Seahawks just weren't as in love with many of these other prospects as we were.

I think that as they were compiling all their draft evaluations, their take on many of these linemen was the same as a lot of people. They saw the overall class of O-Linemen as being pretty weak. We've seen them move up before to get a player that they really value. They didn't do that for Garrett Bolles ... and they had a shot at Ryan Ramczyk and passed on him. In their minds, I'm really wondering if they look at those guys and say to themselves, "Are they REALLY all that much better than what we already have in George Fant (now that he's got a year of experience under his belt) and Luke Joeckel?"

At the same time, I think when the Seahawks were compiling their boards, their grades on a lot of these players in the 2nd and maybe even 3rd Round were very, very close to many guys who went in the 1st Round yesterday. So, if you have a lot of guys on your board whom you have almost identical grades on (who are projected to be there in the late 2nd to early 3rd round) ... who are basically grade out virtually the same as many of these guys who went in the 1st Round ... why not move back and compile more picks in that range?

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I actually agree with Mel Kiper for once. Mel Kiper this morning said that he believes many of these 2nd Rounders in his mind actually project higher than many of the guys who went in the 1st Round. I concur. From what I can see, the Seahawks have positioned themselves REAL nicely to mine a lot of that talent in the 2nd and 3rd Rounds. Should be a lot of fun ... and I for one can't wait to see what they do.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• HawkGA wrote:

Packers haven't picked King yet, so it remains a true statement.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• im afraid to get excited for our first pick lol
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

• At least we don't have to wait long to trade down again today :D
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

• and hawk hearts die
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

• looks like its Baker time then :)
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

• So angry. Clearly, I think we made a mistake. Should have taken him after first trade down. 4th rounder not worth it.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• lmao another trade down
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

• I can't be the only one that yelled some colorful language at the screen.... right?

Edit: Ok we only moved down one... over reaction haha
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

• jax will take Lamp or Robinson and we'll see more hawk fans lose their mind
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

• The entire 7th round will soon be ours.....
    TalontedNoseRider
    * NET Kook *

• MrThortan wrote:I can't be the only one that yelled some colorful language at the screen.... right?

Edit: Ok we only moved down one... over reaction haha

it's only one but whatever lineman thats lost will be the one that the forum wanted lol
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

• TalontedNoseRider wrote:The entire 7th round will soon be ours.....

All of the Jameson konz-es!
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• Seattle on the clock must mean automatic commercial for espn. They do it every time.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    NET Veteran

• Dang, really wanted King. Yes, homer here, but he fits the Hawk's mold for DB's.
    Vaclav44
    NET Rookie

• Ugh, so we pick a lazy ass player with zero grit.

Average athlete.

Weak production.

Garbage.
    Last edited by Coug_Hawk08 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• McDowell, theres our DT
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

• Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Ugh, so we pick a lazy ass player with zero grit.

Average athlete.

Weak production.

Garbage.

idk about that, he's a talent and not a bad athlete at all, he's just been wildly inconsistent with effort. Which is concerning enough but he can be very good, high ceiling
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

• Cardinals, stop taking players from the state of Washington. I hate you, thanks.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• Prisco gave it an 'A', which really concerns me....
    Vaclav44
    NET Rookie

• Who? (Once again)
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

• Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Ugh, so we pick a lazy ass player with zero grit.

Average athlete.

Weak production.

Garbage.

Wut!? Yeah the effort isn't always there but this guy is an absolute athletic freak for his size.
    Last edited by Hollandhawk on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Hollandhawk
    NET Rookie

• Like the McDowell pick. Effort will not be a problem on this team with this locker room and this coaching staff.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• Malik was injured last year and played through it. this was a rumor that obviously the seahawks followed up on and confirmed.
    "I don't know much, but I imagine that stomping my way through a field of seven-year-olds is the closest I'll ever feel to being Marshawn Lynch. Despite being limited to ten rushes, Lynch mowed through defenders like Zach Efron running into a bachelorette party in Vegas." -@JacsonBevens
    titan3131
    NET Veteran

• please get sidney jones, we need a good cb
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

• I'm officially scared for the offensive line. Ifedi is going to be a problem at RT. Who plays RG? We may need to start Fant again. Odiahmbi, Aboushi, Hunt, and Myers are very poor athletes for this level. UhOh.

It appears we will have BY FAR the least talented offensive line for the 3rd-consecutive year.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• If we don't get Quincy Wilson I will stop watching this draft.

Edit. Crap.
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:06 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information