Ok you are the GM - do you dare go on the record?

mikeak

Reaction score
Here is the premise for this since opinions about the draft are so split

Everyone gets to make a pick at the spot where Seattle selected. You get to pick someone left on the board at that time. You cannot trade up (sorry) but you could elect not to trade down where Seattle did but then you forfeit the pick they added in the deal. Sorry but it would be impossible to handle imaginary trade-up scenarios

Put all the expert opinions here and then we look at it at the end of the year and again a year later. Any interest?

I think easiest if it goes like this. Copy and past the below then revise for your selections

26th Pick Seattle traded down to 31 plus 95th & 249th

I do the same and get the 95th plus 249th plus below / I select XXXXX

31st pick Seattle traded down to 34th plus 111th ONLY IF YOU TRADED DOWN

I do the same / I select XXXXX

I trade down from 34th to 35 / I select XXXXX ONLY IF YOU TRADED DOWN

Round 2, Pick 3 (No. 35 overall) ONLY IF YOU TRADED DOWN
I select Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State / I select XXXXX

Round 2, Pick 26 (No. 58)
I select Ethan Pocic, C, LSU / I select XXXXXXX

Round 3, Pick 26 (No. 90)
I select Shaquill Griffin, DB, UCF / I select XXXXX

Round 3, Pick 31 (No. 95) NOTE ONLY IF YOU TRADED DOWN

I select Delano Hill, S, Michigan / I select XXXXX

Round 3, Pick 38 (No. 102)

I select Nazair Jones, DT, Tarholes / I select XXXXX

Round 3, Pick 42 (No. 106)

I select Amara Darboh, WR, Michigan / I select XXXXXX

Round 4, Pick 4 (No. 111) ONLY IF YOU MOVED DOWN
I select Tedric Thompson, S, Colorado / I select XXXXXX

Round 6, Pick 3 (No. 187)
I select Michael Tyson, S, Cincinnati / I select XXXXXX

Round 6, Pick 26 (No. 210)
I select Justin Senior, OT, MIssissippi State / I select XXXXXX

Round 7, Pick 8 (No. 226)
I select David Moore, WR, East Central (Oklahoma) / I select XXXXXX

Round 7, Pick 31 (No. 249) ONLY IF YOU TRADED DOWN
I select Christopher Carson, RB, Oklahoma State / I select XXXXXX

Sorry for any typos. Did this from the phone which was a pain. Will clean it up in the morning

Let's see what Super teams we can put together and hopefully Schneider beats us all

ALSO PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAN TO YOUR PICKS. NOT A LOT OF BACK AND FORTH PLEASE AS THAT IS GOING ON EVERYWHERE ELSE

Trrrroy

Reaction score
I'd trade our first pick for Julio Jones, our second and third pick to move up to #4 to snag Leonard Fournette, then I'd trade our next three picks for Trent Williams. I'd take the real Mike Tyson with the next pick and finish it off with Malik Mcdowell in the 7th because he sucks and would have been available there anyways. All the leftover picks I'd trade for some hot pockets.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Okay, I'll bite.

I would have traded down to 31 to get the Falcons extra picks, but would have stopped there -- and grabbed Cam Robinson at OT. Kid was a five-star coming out of HS and delivered on national championship teams. NFL-ready, big body, big-time player. In round 2 I would have picked Chidobe Awuzie at CB. That fills the main needs with quality talent who can step in right now.

I'm okay with most of the other picks, although I doubt I would have taken three safeties. Maybe pass on Tyson and taken a QB, given Boykin's uncertain status. At that stage you're not going to get a Peyton Manning, but someone who can step in in an emergency. I always liked Sefo Lieufau of Colorado, 4 year starter, good leader, good runner, good arm, not perfect certainly.

I also might have passed on David Moore, not sure we needed to draft two more WRs, plus I think Moore could have been available as an UDFA. I would have added an OLB there.

My two cents. Have at it.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Tusc2000":1w0hfycu said:
Okay, I'll bite.

I would have traded down to 31 to get the Falcons extra picks, but would have stopped there -- and grabbed Cam Robinson at OT. Kid was a five-star coming out of HS and delivered on national championship teams. NFL-ready, big body, big-time player. In round 2 I would have picked Chidobe Awuzie at CB. That fills the main needs with quality talent who can step in right now.

I'm okay with most of the other picks, although I doubt I would have taken three safeties. Maybe pass on Tyson and taken a QB, given Boykin's uncertain status. At that stage you're not going to get a Peyton Manning, but someone who can step in in an emergency. I always liked Sefo Lieufau of Colorado, 4 year starter, good leader, good runner, good arm, not perfect certainly.

I also might have passed on David Moore, not sure we needed to draft two more WRs, plus I think Moore could have been available as an UDFA. I would have added an OLB there.

Cam Robinson will bust i am very confident in that fact.

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1c108ja1 said:
Tusc2000":1c108ja1 said:
Okay, I'll bite.

Cam Robinson will bust i am very confident in that fact.

The point of this thread is to find out at the end of the season. There are 100 other threads to judge the picks in right now

Tusc2000 - thanks for noting your picks

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
I am going to change it up mainly for the fun of it and hoping I am wrong (I am really really starting to like the Malik McDowell pick)

26th Pick
I pick Takkarist McKinley

Round 2, Pick 26 (No. 58)
I select Dawkins, Dion

Round 3, Pick 26 (No. 90)
I select Shaquill Griffin, DB, UCF

I will stick with the rest except I will grab Tedric at 106 since I don't have the 111 pick

naholmes

Reaction score
I'm not going to make many changes, for fear of ripping a hole in the space time continuum. I would have grabbed a highly regarded combo safety in the 2nd, instead of the Pocic. Then with safety already addressed I would have double dipped at CB and waited until the 4th to grab a guard. I would have loved to see Zane Gonzalez in the 6th. Oh, and I think the Pats took a better tackle prospect just after us in the 6th.

034 - McDowell
058 - Josh Jones, S, NC State <- change
090 - Griffin
095 - Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson <- change
102 - Jones
106 - Darboh
111 - Dorian Johnson, G, Pittsburgh <- change
187 - Zane Gonzalez, K, AZ State <- change
210 - Conor McDermott, OT, UCLA <- change
226 - Moore
249 - Carson

chet380

Reaction score
1. King or Obi at #31.

2. Package 2, 3 or even 4 of our 3rd Rd. picks with our #58 for a quality 2nd rounder.

chris98251

Reaction score
chet380":9qrrj80p said:
1. King or Obi at #31.

2. Package 2, 3 or even 4 of our 3rd Rd. picks with our #58 for a quality 2nd rounder.

Dan Snyder would love you as well as Stan Kroenke,

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
This is a great idea. Thanks for doing this mikeak.

A couple very minor issues for your consideration. First, how are we scoring this? When I win, I want to have proof that I won. And second, I hate to nitpick, but would you consider changing the title of the thread to “Put up or Shut up”. I’m sure it won’t silence the universal critics sitting around in their mamma’s basement bombarding the board with incessant negativity, but it may at least antagonize one of them into posting their own uninformed (I believe that’s the proper term for using Mel Kiper’s big board to build a draft) Seahawks draft.

My Seahawks Draft:
35 Malik McDowell
58 Jordan Willis
90 Shaq Griffin
95 Delano Hill
102 Naziar Jones
106 Amara Darboah
111 Carl Lawson
187 Isaac Asiata
210 Jalen Myrick
226 Jadar Johnson
249 Chris Carson

massari

Reaction score
2nd DL Malik McDowell
2nd SS Josh Jones
3rd CB Shaq Griffin
3rd CB Rasul Douglas
3rd DT Naz Jones
3rd SLB/DE Carl Lawson
4th FS Tedric Thompson
6th DB Xavier Woods
6th DT Elijah Qualls
7th RB Matt Breida
7th WR Ishmael Zamora

Gonna roll the dice with Fant, Joeckel, Britt, Glowinski, Ifedi, Odhiambo + co try to sign Ryan Clady, Orlando Franklin, Cyrus Kouandjio or Austin Pasztor if healthy and the price is right for added depth/competition.

Would be happy with either one DT of Naz Jones, Jaleel Johnson or Caleb Brantley in the late 3rd/early 4th.

40 edits lol. For the first time I actually spent time looking into players from the draft, mainly because of homework/studying procrastination, but it was kind of fun using my (very) limited football knowledge trying to project the best players who would best fit.

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
Sun - changed title but something slightly less inflammatory than you suggested :)

Scoring. Hadn't planned on it more a subjective discussion in a year but here is an idea. What source would be the best for objective ranking? Just use that as a point system and least points win and 100pts or similar for players not making it

randomation

Reaction score
31. Ramcyzk - don't trade down give the Niners another possibly great player who the Saints were taking next pick.

I use one 3rd rounder to move up ahead of the Raider and take Obi between 50 and 55. I think if they still want Pocic they could get him in the third pretty much everything else can leave the same. If Fant becomes a franchise LT which is an enormous if then Ramcyzk could easily play RT. I wanted Obi bad his physical profile is absurd and he could learn under both Kam and Earl. I don't think Ramcyzk is going to be the next Joe Thomas I do think he will be a top 15 tackle in the league for years which is a hell of a lot better than what we currently have on either side.

Other than that take who they took I guess would have to drop a few picks but I think it's worth it to get two potential massive difference makers.

I probably would have dropped Darbough Senior and Moore I think Moore could be gotten as a UDFA and I like Carson a lot. I just don't see a need for Darbough I think Tanner and Prich can take Kearse's snaps.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I decided to only allow myself the options of accepting trades we did complete. Because we can't force other teams to accept moves up (and we tried in R5 according to JS). So basically have to stand pat or accept what deals were known to actually be available.

It were me:

31: Kevin King (CB Wash)
58: Chris Wormley (DT Michigan)
90: John Johnson (S Boston College)
95: Jake Butt (TE Michigan)
102: Vince Biegel (LB Wisconsin)
106: Dorian Johnson (OG Pitt)
(no 111)
187: Conor McDermott (OT UCLA)
210: Zane Gonzalez (umm.. Blair Walsh remember?!)
226: Elijiah Hood (RB NC

I'd probably have stood pat and tried to get Naz Jones at 106 instead of Johnson. Jones probably gets that far.

I hope that Pocic significantly distinguishes himself from the tier 3 OL group. I had him kind of in the back of that group (Johnson/McDermott/Siragusa/Garcia).

Hawks46

Reaction score
I would've stayed where we were at 31 and taken King. It's just me, as I have a man crush on him, but I'd like him better than Griffin.

So now we don't need Griffin pick. I'd move up to grab McDowell in the 2nd.

Use the Griffin pick on Pocic, as he'd likely still be there in the top of the 3rd.

After that I like our draft, and I'd be ok with losing most anyone else other than Delano Hill to have gotten King. We'd have the picks to do it. I like the Thompson pick, but not sure he's going to stick. We've never carried 5 safeties and with Earl, Kam, McDougald, Delano Hill, how is he going to crack the line up?

Carson could've been grabbed as an UDFA. Package all the lower stuff up, move up in the 2nd, and go get McDowell.

chet380

Reaction score
Hawks46":1ja4yxcl said:
I would've stayed where we were at 31 and taken King. It's just me, as I have a man crush on him, but I'd like him better than Griffin.

So now we don't need Griffin pick. I'd move up to grab McDowell in the 2nd.

Use the Griffin pick on Pocic, as he'd likely still be there in the top of the 3rd.

After that I like our draft, and I'd be ok with losing most anyone else other than Delano Hill to have gotten King. We'd have the picks to do it. I like the Thompson pick, but not sure he's going to stick. We've never carried 5 safeties and with Earl, Kam, McDougald, Delano Hill, how is he going to crack the line up?

Carson could've been grabbed as an UDFA. Package all the lower stuff up, move up in the 2nd, and go get McDowell.
Hawks46 -- you nailed it!!

Atradees

Reaction score
I think I wanted some sort of trade up as well. I mean GB wanted to deal their pick.......it would have been more of an homage to local fan base to select king, budda baker, etc..no doubt mcdowell was a great pick, but the ammo was there to select top rated ol or cb, or safety. Pocic was such a reach on top of that.

chris98251

Reaction score
Top rated O line in this draft was a third rounder in other years, the meat was DB's and the difference between King and Griffin is minimal in my book but a whole lot in salary and possible second contract.

penihawk

Reaction score
As much as I had a different opinion during the draft itself, it's much harder to put together a better draft for us even knowing who went where. They fortified depth and potential elite talent at positions that killed us last year. Was not a fan of McDowell and preferred Demarcus Walker over him but I understand the logic to the pick and hope he turns into the stud his body says he can be. Other than that the only players I wanted were Jake Butt(Zach Miller 2.0),Vince Biegel & Zane Gonzales in rd 6.

We won't know for a while how this class will pan out but I give JS & PC an A for having a plan and executing it. Now it's just getting it to look as good on the field as it does in theory on paper. Job well done boys. :D