UW Husky 2017 Season

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I was at the open day today and the secondary were great against the offense. Lots of turn overs.

This gives me hope given we lost budda, kevin king and sidney jones.

What players should I look out for this year other than the established players/big names? (Im hoping via, browning, pettis and victor keep improving). Rapp looked decent at the end of the year but who else is ready to step up in the secondary that are freshmen or former red shirts?

Any offensive players to look out for? Would love to see a WR step up to help Pettis, especially as John Ross is a huge loss. Mclatcher did in spurts last year but not all the time. Any rbs coming tbrough given this may be gaskin and colemans last year.

Any future qbs at back up yet or is that next years class?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
True freshman Salvon Ahmed will be the next star offensively. He'll be a rb eventually but I've heard he's been working a lot at wr this camp. Not much help at qb this year, but help is on the way next year. Personally I think the huskies defense will be as good as last year (although they're pretty thin on the dline, so they better stay healthy. The offense I think will take a step back. The loss of john Ross and his speed is going to make things tougher for everybody.

Given their schedule I expect them to be undefeated during the regular season then to lose to USC in the pac12 title game. Usc to the playoffs, UW in the Rose bowl, imo. Then the following season the ducks are back!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I agree with J that the D will be about as good as last years (which was good enough to go against any team in the country), and that we need the offense to step up this year. Last year, the weakness was on the O line...couldn't handle the big D linemen of the USCs and Alabamas. We'll see if there's an improvement...if so, the running game is going to be explosive with both Gaskin and Coleman returning. And that of course will open up the passing game, where this coaching staff has done a fine job of developing receivers.

Ross was nice to have, but he wasn't a factor in being able to beat elite teams. He was basically just there to help run the score up on easy teams (like Oregon). Will be interesting to see how Ahmed fits in.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Correct me if needed..Last year did we not lose a couple key OL starters to injury?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
IndyHawk":ofyqqv3n said:
Correct me if needed..Last year did we not lose a couple key OL starters to injury?

I don't remember any long term oline injuries, just a game missed here or there. There were a couple of defensive guys who missed large chunks of the season: Azeem victor and joe Mathis.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Azeem Victor suspended first game. Austin Joyner first 2. Havnt heard what for. Shouldn't be a problem vs Rutgers or montana.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Washington coach Chris Petersen announced Victor’s suspension on Monday but did not specify the violation. The Huskies will also be without cornerback Austin Joyner after he was suspended two games, also for violating team rules.

http://q13fox.com/2017/08/28/no-8-huski ... s-rutgers/

UPDATE:

Washington senior linebacker Azeem Victor and sophomore defensive back Austin Joyner have been suspended for Friday’s season opener at Rutgers, UW coach Chris Petersen announced Monday.

Petersen did not specify a reason for their suspensions beyond saying they violated team rules. Multiple sources close to UW said the suspensions were a result of the players failing a drug test.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-h ... t-rutgers/

:pimp: :17:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
JSeahawks":5187n43a said:
IndyHawk":5187n43a said:

I don't remember any long term oline injuries, just a game missed here or there. There were a couple of defensive guys who missed large chunks of the season: Azeem victor and joe Mathis.

I wanna say Brostek missed a few games. I know there was a reason they had true freshman Nick Harris starting in a few games, including against Alabama. I don't know where to find injury reports for past college football games.

sdog1981

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3g2r8cb6 said:
Stud CB Byron Murphy out 6 weeks with a broken foot.

That was some really crappy news. He will be out 6 weeks but how much longer after that will it take to get to full speed?