Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Luke Falk: all-time Pac-12 passing leader in yards and TDs.

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • He passes Matt Leinart on the Pac-12 career list. 6 more to pass Mariota for second, 17 to pass Barkley for the all time lead.
    Last edited by Maulbert on Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Go Cougs! Big game Friday!
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

• He needs 3 to pass Mariota and 14 to pass Barkley now.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• 104. 1 to tie Mariota, 2 to pass.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• I can't believe Matt Barkley owns the record. He must have played 4 years.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• I'm surprised there is no WSU/USC thread... pretty big game
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

• Go Cougs!

That USC defense has to be getting tired!!!

ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• ...and Falk just tied Mariota.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Sweet.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• 4th & 13, and WSU gives it up...
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

• Had to mute it. Announcer Brown nosing USC to the extreme.

ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• Go Cougs!

ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• UPSET CITY!!!!!!!

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Just like the announcer said, Sam Darnold always comes through in the clutch :sarcasm_on: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• They didn't Coug it!!!

ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• Threedee wrote:4th & 13, and WSU gives it up...

Last I checked, the Huskies were never in a position to give up a tie to USC last season.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Sam Darnold is incredibly overrated and shouldn't even sniff the top 10 of next year's draft, let alone be the #1 pick.

2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Go Cougs!

Nice win.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• Good win for WSU. Now they have to be on the road for pretty much the remainder of the season.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• JSeahawks wrote:Good win for WSU. Now they have to be on the road for pretty much the remainder of the season.

We're coming for you next, you filthy Duck. 1106 days and counting.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Seahaaaawks wrote:I'm surprised there is no WSU/USC thread... pretty big game

Me too, come on Maul yer slippin'. 8)

As a big UW fan I say, Congrats to the Cougs, huge win!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Good win?

That was a pretty fantastic win for the Cougars.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:Good win?

That was a pretty fantastic win for the Cougars.

I'll stick with good. Usc was pretty much playing their jv squad by the end due to injury. Beat UW in the apple cup, which I think is a real possibility, and that will be a fantastic win. In my opinion.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Yeah I agree with J, it was good but not great. USC was really banged up, 3 of their starting OLine guys were out.

It was pretty clear that the big difference in this game was in the trenches. I was a bit surprised WSU was able to protect Faulk and run the ball, but the USC Oline looked like the Seahawks OLine. They couldn't pass protect for more than two seconds and couldn't get much push in the run game.

Maybe I'm just a Husky hater, but I still think Wazzou is a little overrated, even after this win. Before this game they beat absolutely no one. Obviously USC is someone, but they were down like 8 starters. Even Alabama would have a difficult time overcoming the loss of 8 starters.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Yeah I agree with J, it was good but not great. USC was really banged up, 3 of their starting OLine guys were out.

It was pretty clear that the big difference in this game was in the trenches. I was a bit surprised WSU was able to protect Faulk and run the ball, but the USC Oline looked like the Seahawks OLine. They couldn't pass protect for more than two seconds and couldn't get much push in the run game.

Maybe I'm just a Husky hater, but I still think Wazzou is a little overrated, even after this win. Before this game they beat absolutely no one. Obviously USC is someone, but they were down like 8 starters. Even Alabama would have a difficult time overcoming the loss of 8 starters.

It was a great win for WSU. Didn't realize that Martin Stadium is the StubHub field of the Pac 12 (smaller stadium compared to others).

USC is overrated and that was proven last night. They didn't look very good against Cal either. They shouldn't be ranked in the top 10 after this but somehow USC apologists will keep them there, unfortunately. They are most overrated program in the NCAA by a mile. Lucky for them they get a 2nd bye week (this season) against Oregon State next week.
    Last edited by hawkfan68 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• As a Husky grad I gotta give it up to the Cougs; nice win!!
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• Good though? Some of you get a little too carried away with the school you root for.

Who cares how it played out. They just beat #5 in the nation and moved themselves into playoff talk. Fantastic win for that program. (You are allowed to have more than one of those per season)

Whatever I guess.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Maulbert wrote:
    Threedee wrote:4th & 13, and WSU gives it up...

Last I checked, the Huskies were never in a position to give up a tie to USC last season.

True, I watched that manhandling last year. They were dominated at the LOS.
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

• A question about QB's TD totals. Ohio State's QB-J. T. Barrett whom I've been watching for several seasons - has 126 total TD's rushing & passing, so far. I wonder what the record is for total TD's both rushing and passing? I'd look it up, but I'm too lazy.

Barrett's current CAREER TOTAL stats thru last week: Passing: 667 of 1047 for 8219-yds, 63.7%-comp. 7.85/YPA, 90-TD's, 22-INT, Rushing: 561 for 2824-yds, *5.03-YPC*, 36-TD's. (That is 11,043 total yards of production). Barrett has the potential to be a "slightly bigger" version of the highly mobile RW -IMO- and as such could be a very viable B/U QB selection in the mid/late rounds in the coming draft. The kid's a duel threat & he's having a pretty good season this year.

EDIT: Okay, I looked it up. NCAA career record for TD's is held by QB-Dan LeFevour of Central Michigan in 2009 with a total of 148, second place is Tim Tebow of Florida with 140. Perhaps, by the seasons end, J. T. Barrett can manage another 23-TD's in upcoming games and set a new record? That might effect his ranking quite a bit.
    :smilingalien:

EDIT to note: After Ohio States come from behind, thrilling victory over Penn State and the superb performance of QB-J. T. Barrett, he is now being touted as a 10-1 Heisman selection and some commentators are saying he's a lock for a 1-st round pick. So much for my original statement about the Seahawks being able to pick him with a mid to late round pick. Now, he will likely go no later than the 2-nd round and very possibly even in round 1. Oh well........
    Last edited by CamanoIslandJQ on Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• Does WSU play any road games this year?? LOL.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• CamanoIslandJQ wrote:EDIT: Okay, I looked it up. NCAA career record for TD's is held by QB-Dan LeFevour of Central Michigan in 2009 with a total of 148, second place is Tim Tebow of Florida with 140. Perhaps, by the seasons end, J. T. Barrett can manage another 15-TD's and set a new record? That might effect his ranking quite a bit.

Man, if Mariota would have stuck around for his senior year he would have shattered that record. He had 136 in 3 years, all those others mentioned played all 4 years.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Maulbert wrote:...and Falk just tied Mariota.

Only took him 658 extra pass attempts.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• JSeahawks wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:...and Falk just tied Mariota.

:sarcasm_on: You know, considering how obviously inferior Luke Falk is, you'd think Oregon would've figured out how to beat him as a starter at least once. :sarcasm_off:

1127 and counting....

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:...and Falk just tied Mariota.

:sarcasm_on: You know, considering how obviously inferior Luke Falk is, you'd think Oregon would've figured out how to beat him as a starter at least once. :sarcasm_off:

1127 and counting....

C'mon, JSea, no comeback? :P

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Clearly the Ducks have been treating the Cougs as a Make A Wish recipient. Doing good deeds and all.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Looks like Mike Leach has broken Falk's football spirit like he did Halliday's. Falk is benched, probably due to his attitude of having an idiot for a coach. Now Helinski is stinking it up, and it will be difficult for Falk to rescue the Cougars down 10.
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

• Leech is a farce. The Bruce Arians of College football.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• 3 more today against Stanford. 115 total. He needs 1 to tie Matt Barkley and 2 to pass him. He also passed Sean Mannion for most passing yards in Pac-12 history today.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Falk just tied Barkley at 116.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Luke Falk just threw 117, all-time leader in Pac-12 TD passes.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:Luke Falk just threw 117, all-time leader in Pac-12 TD passes.

Heck of a career. He and the rest of this Senior class have turned the tides and raised expectations. We play for the North for the second time in two years. (would be 3 if EP made that kick vs Furd)
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

• Per: cfbstats.com
    QB-J. T. Barrett, Ohio St. After 11-games -so far- this season: Career #'s: 109-passing TD's, 39-rushing TD's, 148-TD's Total. This would tie him with the 2009 record of Dan LeFevour for the most TD'S in NCAA history and make Barrett a probable record holder when this season is completed. Barrett is indeed a dual threat & his passing stats say he isn't a bad QB at all, although he has some things to clean up in his game, he'll likely be drafted in the later rounds due to being only 5/8" taller than RW, who we all know is just way too vertically challenged according to the "experts". IMO Barrett would make a much better backup to RW than Davis and could likely be had with one of the later round Seahawk picks in the coming draft. Make it so PC/JS.
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• CamanoIslandJQ wrote:Per: cfbstats.com
    QB-J. T. Barrett, Ohio St. After 11-games -so far- this season: Career #'s: 109-passing TD's, 39-rushing TD's, 148-TD's Total. This would tie him with the 2009 record of Dan LeFevour for the most TD'S in NCAA history and make Barrett a probable record holder when this season is completed. Barrett is indeed a dual threat & his passing stats say he isn't a bad QB at all, although he has some things to clean up in his game, he'll likely be drafted in the later rounds due to being only 5/8" taller than RW, who we all know is just way too vertically challenged according to the "experts". IMO Barrett would make a much better backup to RW than Davis and could likely be had with one of the later round Seahawk picks in the coming draft. Make it so PC/JS.

What does this have to do with Luke Falk? I never suggested Seattle should draft him. Falk would be murdered behind our o-line. He's a statue in the pocket.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• I agree the statue known as Falk would indeed be killed behind the current OL. Your initial post was stating information about the all time PAC-12 passing records, I expanded that thought to all time NCAA total TD records, and suggested that Barrett may be of interest to the Seahawks late in the coming draft. In no way have I ever considered Falk as a viable QB for the Seahawks. However, I do think that Barrett may be of interest to the Seahawks, given: (1) his later round projection, Rd 6/7/UDFA. (2) the fact that the Seahawks are very lean in the higher draft pick area (Rds. 2-5) where Falk may go in the draft, (3) the many similarities between Barrett and RW, which to me, are obvious. Falk, not so much.
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:22 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information