Saquon Barkley

Reaction score
I would mortgage the farm for this kid wow. A combination between Barry Sanders and Marshawn Lynch. Kid is so good he could run behind the Seahawks Oline. He put on one of best performances tonight against Iowa that I ever seen wow. If Seattle is looking for a back like Marshawn well here u go. I would give up two first rounders for him for sure. We most likely would be trading picks to move back anyways. Would be a dream come true kid can ball.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Looks like Penn State is going down.

The Barkley Kid will be a Trophy front runner but this game won't help his cause.

Been fun to watch this game.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
5' 11" 230lbs
4.33 40
455 bench
405 power clean
>600 lbs squat

This kid is high character and humble and will most likely be the #1 RB taken in the draft.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Never trust a running back who played in a spread offense. That rule is only followed by never draft a Penn State running back.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
sdog1981":2jnrzh4b said:
Never trust a running back who played in a spread offense. That rule is only followed by never draft a Penn State running back.

Not a Curt Warner fan? Or was that before your time?

sdog1981

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3votb1zc said:
sdog1981":3votb1zc said:

It's not 1983. So the list of Penn State trash since Warner

DJ Dozier 1987
Blair Thomas 1990 2nd overall
Ki-Jana Carter 1995 1st overall
Curtis Enis 1998 5th overall

Big Ten running backs don't do very well in the NFL. For every Eddie George and Zek Eliot, there are about 10 more Ron Dayne's

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I would be more than happy no matter what the seahawks gave up (short of trading Russ) to get Saquon Barkley. DO IT!!!!!

Maulbert

Reaction score
WmHBonney":31quuuid said:
sdog1981":31quuuid said:

Since Curt Warner played, D.J. Dozier, Blair Thomas, Ki-Jana Carter, and Curtis Enis have all been first round picks from Penn St. and have been complete and utter busts. Only Larry Johnson has had a decent career, but even he flamed out in the end.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Maulbert":3n748wj6 said:
WmHBonney":3n748wj6 said:
sdog1981":3n748wj6 said:

Since Curt Warner played, D.J. Dozier, Blair Thomas, Ki-Jana Carter, and Curtis Enis have all been first round picks from Penn St. and have been complete and utter busts. Only Larry Johnson has had a decent career, but even he flamed out in the end.

That is what I was saying. Zek Elliot was the first big ten running back to lead the NFL in rushing since 1974 so yeah Big Ten running backs tend to suck in the NFL.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
sdog1981":2tqj7txb said:
Maulbert":2tqj7txb said:
WmHBonney":2tqj7txb said:
sdog1981":2tqj7txb said:

That is what I was saying. Zek Elliot was the first big ten running back to lead the NFL in rushing since 1974 so yeah Big Ten running backs tend to suck in the NFL.

How about Le'veon Bell? He's from Michigan State. Then there's Tevin Coleman from Indiana. James White is contributing for Pats. He's from Wisconsin. Plenty of Big 10 backs that have not "sucked" in NFL.

sdog1981

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2dw2bmt7 said:
sdog1981":2dw2bmt7 said:
Maulbert":2dw2bmt7 said:
WmHBonney":2dw2bmt7 said:

How about Le'veon Bell? He's from Michigan State. Then there's Tevin Coleman from Indiana. James White is contributing for Pats. He's from Wisconsin. Plenty of Big 10 backs that have not "sucked" in NFL.

For every James White I can name a Ron Dayne, for every Levon Bell there is a TJ Duckett. If you want to have the best chance at finding a running back draft them from the big 12 or SEC. Big Ten running backs don’t do very well in the NFL, in fact the big ten is the all time first round running back bust champion and it is not even close.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
sdog1981":y2ehyq3l said:
hawkfan68":y2ehyq3l said:
sdog1981":y2ehyq3l said:
Maulbert":y2ehyq3l said:

For every James White I can name a Ron Dayne, for every Levon Bell there is a TJ Duckett. If you want to have the best chance at finding a running back draft them from the big 12 or SEC. Big Ten running backs don’t do very well in the NFL, in fact the big ten is the all time first round running back bust champion and it is not even close.

You're right. However, your argument works in reverse too. For every Owen Gill there's Zeke Elliott, etc. I could search and find plenty of top backs out of Big 10. That's all I was saying.

sdog1981

Reaction score
hawkfan68":31tkpr27 said:
You're right. However, your argument works in reverse too. For every Owen Gill there's Zeke Elliott, etc. I could search and find plenty of top backs out of Big 10. That's all I was saying.

No, you will not. Take all the time you need. I was shocked to find out how few big ten running backs are in the hall of fame. Rember the Big Ten conference is older than the NFL so they have been on the ground floor of the NFL and you know when the last time a Big Ten running made the Hall? 1963 no joke Bronko Nagurski who played in the 40's was the last Big Ten running back to make the hall of fame. Now, this was during an era of teams running the ball every down and the big ten could not produce any players on the all-time top rushing lists. You don't find a Big Ten running back on the NFL's all-time rushing list until 27th and That was Eddie George. I was shocked too.

Maulbert

Reaction score
sdog1981":391voe5d said:
hawkfan68":391voe5d said:

No, you will not. Take all the time you need. I was shocked to find out how few big ten running backs are in the hall of fame. Rember the Big Ten conference is older than the NFL so they have been on the ground floor of the NFL and you know when the last time a Big Ten running made the Hall? 1963 no joke Bronko Nagurski who played in the 40's was the last Big Ten running back to make the hall of fame. Now, this was during an era of teams running the ball every down and the big ten could not produce any players on the all-time top rushing lists. You don't find a Big Ten running back on the NFL's all-time rushing list until 27th and That was Eddie George. I was shocked too.

1kxup2

Top 25 NFL Rushers Colleges and Conferences (at the time they played):

1. Emmitt Smith - Florida, SEC
2. Walter Payton - Jackson State, Southwestern Athletic Conference (I-AA)
3. Barry Sanders - Oklahoma State, Big 8
4. Curtis Martin - Pitt, Big East
5. LaDanian Tomlinson - TCU, WAC
6. Jerome Bettis - Notre Dame, Independent
7. Eric Dickerson - SMU, SWC
8. Frank Gore - Miami, Big East/ACC
9. Tony Dorsett - Pitt, Independent
10. Jim Brown - Syracuse, Independent
11. Marshall Faulk - San Diego State, WAC
12. Edgerrin James - Miami, Big East
13. Marcus Allen - USC, Pac-10
14. Franco Harris - Penn State, Independent
15. Thurman Thomas - Oklahoma State, Big 8
16. Adrian Peterson - Oklahoma, Big 12
17. Fred Taylor - Florida, SEC
18. Steven Jackson - Oregon State, Pac-10
19. John Riggins - Kansas, Big 8
20. Corey Dillon - Washington, Pac-10
21. O.J. Simpson - USC, Pac-10
22. Warrick Dunn - Florida State, ACC
23. Ricky Watters - Notre Dame, Independent
24. Jamal Lewis - Tennessee, SEC
25. Thomas Jones - Virginia, ACC

The only current Big Ten team with a running back in the top 25 is Penn State with Franco Harris, who played almost a quarter of a century before Penn State joined the Big Ten in the 1990s.

CPHawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":onse9vlj said:

Not a fan of Carlson or Zeke Elliot?

sdog1981

Reaction score
CPHawk":1azrk7xp said:
sdog1981":1azrk7xp said:

Seriously dude? scroll up and read the conversation and who is Carlson? If you are talking about Chris Carson he has less than 50 NFL carries, so we can pick up that argument in 2020 after he comes back healthy.

CPHawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":1fetre0h said:
CPHawk":1fetre0h said:
sdog1981":1fetre0h said:

Seriously dude? scroll up and read the conversation and who is Carlson? If you are talking about Chris Carson he has less than 50 NFL carries, so we can pick up that argument in 2020 after he comes back healthy.

Really dude? You said never trust a RB from a spread. I could name 20+ solid RB in the nfl from spread O.

Barkley is going to be a stud, regardless of what kind of O he plays in.