Oregon lost to ASU.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Offense was horrible in the first half.

K'neal Harry is a man amongst boys. 3rd and 27 just throw a prayer up to him and he comes down with it.

Herbert totally melted down and choked the final drive.

This is what the ducks will be this year. They'll beat some teams they're supposed to lose to and lose to some teams they're supposed to beat. Still a lot of learning strengths and weaknesses from the new coaching staff.

After the way this game started last years team would have quit and gotten steamrolled. This years team fought the whole game, just had some execution problems.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Well... as a graduate of ASU, I think your reasoning is skewed.

So, trying to "keep up".. you are suggesting the Ducks of being poorly managed by the coaching staff by a. not being properly hydrated. b. drinking alcohol before the game (where did this come from) and c. not being properly coached on how to properly handle the weather (if that was a factor).

By the way... it was 66 degrees at kickoff. Hardly a crippling heat. I'd suggest there were a number of games across the US played in far warmer temps.

It's a strange take. I think teams struggle away from home regardless of where they go. ASU rarely plays home games before sunset.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Yea, I don't think weather had anything to do with it. Asu's qb was just on fire, especially in the first half. The Sun Devils played their best game of the year, and the Ducks didn't play very well in areas where they usually do.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Z Man.. check the weather. (I did) The High was 83 on 9/23 (according to Accuweather). Low said 61. I split the difference for a 9pm kickoff (knowing the hottest part of the day in September is around 2pm and the coldest about 4am... I did live there for awhile. Yes.. I was surprised at that temp when I looked it up. Maybe it's wrong. It's certainly hotter now. But there was a noticeable snap that week. Even if it was 75.. that's not a factor.

I understand the importance of hydration. I played college sports and raced bikes down there. But youre spinning yourself in circles right now.

In the end I don't really care.