Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Oregon vs Washington state

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Oregon vs Washington state
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:44 pm
  • I think both teams are going into the locker room frustrated that they're not doing more.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:01 pm
  • The_Z_Man wrote:Coming off a big win vs USC, you had to be worried about a letdown... and boy did they show up flat today.

Football is such an emotional sport.

I pretty much expected the game to go like this. Division game, rivals and Autzen is a tough place to play at. Going to be interesting to see who makes better half time adjustments.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:14 pm
  • Get the feeling this game is about over. Ducks have no weapons on the outside that put even a slight fear into WSU.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:29 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Get the feeling this game is about over. Ducks have no weapons on the outside that put even a slight fear into WSU.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I'll wait until the game is over.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:34 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Get the feeling this game is about over. Ducks have no weapons on the outside that put even a slight fear into WSU.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I'll wait until the game is over.

I'm tryin for the ol' reverse jinx.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:51 pm
  • Lmao. That interception was the most blatant pass interference i've ever seen. He literally shoved the Ducks receiver out of the way with both hands and then got the pick. Gotta love pac12 refs.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:51 pm
  • Oh man Maulbert is going to have a fun week it looks :lol:
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:54 pm
  • DJrmb wrote:Oh man Maulbert is going to have a fun week it looks :lol:

He gets 364 more days. Oh well. He gets to chirp as much as he wants. God knows I would be if Oregon won.
    Last edited by JSeahawks on Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:13 pm
  • So Washington State is 6-0? What kind of bizzaro world do we live in? While I grew up in Oregon after moving from California and before living Washington after college in California....it was written in stone every Pac 10 team not in Los Angeles, Arizona or Seattle were dumpster fires for years running sometimes for a generation or more.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:19 pm
  • This ref crew has been hilariously bad.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:25 pm
  • Josea16 wrote:So Washington State is 6-0? What kind of bizzaro world do we live in? While I grew up in Oregon after moving from California and before living Washington after college in California....it was written in stone every Pac 10 team not in Los Angeles, Arizona or Seattle were dumpster fires for years running sometimes for a generation or more.

WSU has had their moments. This last recession had been a particular long one though after Price left. To be honest I don't know how Wazzu gets any talent to go there. People who have been to Pullman know what I am talking about.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:28 pm
  • With both Oklahoma and Michigan losing today, Wazzu are guaranteed to break into the top 10 next week.

2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:29 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:Oh man Maulbert is going to have a fun week it looks :lol:

He gets 364 more days. Oh well. He gets to chirp as much as he wants. God knows I would be if Oregon won.

Well, theoretically, it could be less than 365 days. They still have to set the schedule for 2018. I mean, the Cougars and Ducks could play in September. But make no mistake....

....I'll enjoy the time. 8)
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:31 pm
  • 6-0. Go Cougs.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:31 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:So Washington State is 6-0? What kind of bizzaro world do we live in? While I grew up in Oregon after moving from California and before living Washington after college in California....it was written in stone every Pac 10 team not in Los Angeles, Arizona or Seattle were dumpster fires for years running sometimes for a generation or more.

WSU has had their moments. This last recession had been a particular long one though after Price left. To be honest I don't know how Wazzu gets any talent to go there. People who have been to Pullman know what I am talking about.

Paul Wulff was a monumentally terrible hire. 4 conference victories in 4 seasons. Ugh.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:35 pm
  • Bowl eligible.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:39 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:So Washington State is 6-0? What kind of bizzaro world do we live in? While I grew up in Oregon after moving from California and before living Washington after college in California....it was written in stone every Pac 10 team not in Los Angeles, Arizona or Seattle were dumpster fires for years running sometimes for a generation or more.

Paul Wulff was a monumentally terrible hire. 4 conference victories in 4 seasons. Ugh.

God yes and he lasted as long as Doba did even though Bill had 3x the wins. Wasn't a Doba fan either. Felt like the school got lazy on that one.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:26 pm
  • Like the new avatar, JSea?

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:32 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:Like the new avatar, JSea?

Can't see it. I have Avatar's turned off because I like to be on .net instead of working while at work but don't want some of the bikini'd ladies and such that some have as their avatar's showing up.

I'm sure I hate it though.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:48 pm
  • JustTheTip wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:
    Yes, but in the middle of the last time the Huskies did that something occurred that neither the Cougars nor the Ducks have ever accomplished.

0-12?

Swing and a miss.
    Hint: it's something the quackers have never done and probably never will. 8)

I think Duck fans may believe two title game losses is approximately the same as a national championship.

1/2 national title....by cheating
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:50 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:

Silver lining...He is why Leach is in Pullman.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:35 pm
  • I think Alex Grinch will be gone after this season. It'll be surprising if no one notices the job he's done with the Cougars D. 117th in the country when he got there, jumped to 74th in his first season, 50th in his second, and is 34th this year before the Oregon game. I'll be shocked if he doesn't get a head coaching job somewhere. Plus, he's only 37.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:49 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:I think Alex Grinch will be gone after this season. It'll be surprising if no one notices the job he's done with the Cougars D. 117th in the country when he got there, jumped to 74th in his first season, 50th in his second, and is 34th this year before the Oregon game. I'll be shocked if he doesn't get a head coaching job somewhere. Plus, he's only 37.

I concur. Not to mention being hired as defensive coordinator in the NFL would be a huge upgrade. Hoping he wont go anywhere if it's anything less than that though.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:50 am
  • seahawkfreak wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:I think Alex Grinch will be gone after this season. It'll be surprising if no one notices the job he's done with the Cougars D. 117th in the country when he got there, jumped to 74th in his first season, 50th in his second, and is 34th this year before the Oregon game. I'll be shocked if he doesn't get a head coaching job somewhere. Plus, he's only 37.

I concur. Not to mention being hired as defensive coordinator in the NFL would be a huge upgrade. Hoping he wont go anywhere if it's anything less than that though.

NFL? Settle down now.

Good news is he is making 600k a year which is pretty good scratch for an assistant and especially with Pullman cost of living.

That being said young good assistants don't stick around anywhere long.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:41 pm
  • Was this a “big” win for Wazzu?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:52 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Was this a “big” win for Wazzu?

Well, they entered top 10 of the AP and Coaches polls afterwards.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:40 pm
  • Big? Nah, Wazzu is making a habit of beating the Ducks. It's almost to be expected at this point. :P

2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:48 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Was this a “big” win for Wazzu?

Not really, no. There are a lot of really bad teams in the pac 12. And at the moment, Oregon is one of them.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:56 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Was this a “big” win for Wazzu?

Not really, no. There are a lot of really bad teams in the pac 12. And at the moment, Oregon is one of them.

I'd say any time you go into Autzen it's a big win.

Now go ahead and get that QB of yours back healthy and beat the mutts!

Go Cougs!
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:59 am
  • gowazzu02 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Go Cougs!

As unlikely as the playoffs are for WSU, you will definitely need the Apple Cup to be against an undefeated UW team to have any real chance. I know as a Husky, I am wanting WSU to stay undefeated going into that game.
    I used to be Bitter.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:26 am
  • JustTheTip wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Go Cougs!

As unlikely as the playoffs are for WSU, you will definitely need the Apple Cup to be against an undefeated UW team to have any real chance. I know as a Husky, I am wanting WSU to stay undefeated going into that game.

If you think an undefeated Pac12 team gets left out your crazy. UW showed last year that OOC schedule is meaningless.

but honestly. Thats way too far down the line to even worry about. Cal tonight.

PS: What do Oregon, WSU and UW fans all have in common????? None of them went to UW!
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:31 am
  • gowazzu02 wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Go Cougs!

If you think an undefeated Pac12 team gets left out your crazy. UW showed last year that OOC schedule is meaningless.

but honestly. Thats way too far down the line to even worry about. Cal tonight.

PS: What do Oregon, WSU and UW fans all have in common????? None of them went to UW!

I think if there is a way to leave out an undefeated pac-12 team, they will find it.
    I used to be Bitter.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:31 pm
  • There's no way they can leave out an undefeated PAC-12 champ. The committee will review everything, and they will realize that if an undefeated or 1 loss SEC team is in the playoffs, they have to put in an undefeated PAC-12 champ.

Why? Because the committee will understand that SEC teams play 1 less conference game. Alabama for example will have played 3 cupcake OOC teams, and then 1 decent OOC team (Florida State). So the game against FSU essentially becomes equal to a ninth conference game. So the only argument there is against putting an undefeated UW or WSU team into the playoffs is essentially voided. Remember, the committee isn't ESPN, so they're not going to make stupid decisions (although I do believe Tyrone Willingham is on the committee) and buy into hype. They are going to look at objective facts and the entire body of work of each team.

Also, let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Undefeated seasons are rare, especially these days with 13 game seasons. Odds are there will be maybe 1 undefeated team (if that) when the season is over. Injuries, teams getting better, teams getting worse...so much will change between now and the end of the season.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:36 pm
  • Yea, if either UW or Wsu end up undefeated, they're in. Period. But, I don't think either will.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:02 pm
  • Hell, I'll bet a 1 loss Pac-12 Champ would make the playoffs this year.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:12 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Yea, if either UW or Wsu end up undefeated, they're in. Period. But, I don't think either will.

Good enough to beat the Ducks' sorry ass. :P

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:19 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Yea, if either UW or Wsu end up undefeated, they're in. Period. But, I don't think either will.

Good enough to beat Cal though?
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:23 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Yea, if either UW or Wsu end up undefeated, they're in. Period. But, I don't think either will.

Yeah, we're playing like shit, but the PI call on that TD pass was bullshit. Second half still to come. I have faith. If Cal were actually good instead of just lucky, WSU would be down by 28 by now, at least.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:28 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

Yeah, we're playing like shit, but the PI call on that TD pass was bullshit. Second half still to come. I have faith. If Cal were actually good instead of just lucky, WSU would be down by 28 by now, at least.

Actually I agree with you. I still expect WSU to win this game.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:50 pm
  • Cougs can move the ball all night. They just keep on shooting themselves in the foot.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:08 pm
  • It's like WSU coated all their hands in butter, while Cal used Stickum.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:12 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information