Oregon state Coach Gary Anderson quits

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Waived his buyout, so I don't think he was fired. Just quit.

Gotta think they'll go after a guy like Jimmy Lake, Alex Grinch or Beau Baldwin. Maybe Mike Riley wants to come back to OSU for a 3rd time, he's likely out at Nebraska after this season.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/917462034224177152[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DannyJMoran/status/917459625456295937[/tweet]

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Oregon State announced on Monday that the school and coach Gary Anderson have parted ways.

"After many discussions with [athletic director] Scott [Barnes], waiving my contract is the correct decision and enables the young men and the program to move forward and concentrate on the rest of the season," said Andersen in a release from the school. "Coaching is not about the mighty dollar. It is about teaching and putting young men in a position to succeed on and off the field. Success comes when all parties involved are moving in the same direction."

As part of his decision to step down, Andersen forfeited the money remaining on his contract. He had just signed a contract extension at Oregon State in January that was to keep him with the program through 2021. Anderson was set to receive $2.65 million this season and would have picked up a $100,000 raise through each remaining year of the deal.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... erim-role/

Threedee

Reaction score
Well, that program is easily the worst in the BCS. Hopefully they can finally catch a break.

ivotuk

Reaction score
They must have caught him doing something...or someone.

I don't care who you are, you don't give up money like that. Hell, take the payday and donate it to charity. You know the college won't.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
ivotuk":2ydweoj2 said:

I don't care who you are, you don't give up money like that. Hell, take the payday and donate it to charity. You know the college won't.

He's been telling reporters for awhile that he'd walk away if it felt like he couldn't win there. I guess it got to that point.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I wonder if they go after Smith who I really wouldn't mind losing.

Lake is on a good career path and I doubt he'd risk taking a dead end job even as HC.

Grinch would be interesting but I think he's in a similar spot to lake. I think he'd be best waiting for something better.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I know a certain NFL OC who would be the PERFECT FIT for that job. 8)

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2aglz1c5 said:
I know a certain NFL OC who would be the PERFECT FIT for that job. 8)

He has a 70 percent chance of getting that job over a certain O line and assistant coach. :)

Threedee

Reaction score
I flipped the channel in time to watch the last six minutes of the OSU-Stanford game. That was a most depressing six minutes.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":36f3k7kw said:
John Canzano, local columnist shared a bunch of texts he had from Anderson. Some pretty crazy stuff in here:

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregon ... it_ro.html

Really interesting article. His texts were quite revealing of a guy that may have been just burned out of coaching and maybe a case of being lonely at the top. He repeatedly blamed himself for hiring poor assistant coaches and didn't want to fire everyone at the end of the year to start over. I've rarely read of anyone walking away from a huge contract in any capacity and this shows he certainly walks to a different beat if nothing else.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
ivotuk":3o68i0ln said:

Word is that he's going through a nasty divorce and may have done this to avoid giving soon to be ex-wife $6 million dollars. If this is true, its totally a baller move.

chris98251

Reaction score
JSeahawks":38r3kwna said:
ivotuk":38r3kwna said:

Word is that he's going through a nasty divorce and may have done this to avoid giving soon to be ex-wife $6 million dollars. If this is true, its totally a baller move.

Hate and despising is a strong motivator, had a couple guys at work here stay past 70 only because there ex's were going after their retirement, both said they would die at work before that bitch gets a dime, she already took half the house and everything and gets alimony. Stayed until their ex wife died.

CPHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2kvx81vr said:
JSeahawks":2kvx81vr said:
ivotuk":2kvx81vr said:

Hate and despising is a strong motivator, had a couple guys at work here stay past 70 only because there ex's were going after their retirement, both said they would die at work before that bitch gets a dime, she already took half the house and everything and gets alimony. Stayed until their ex wife died.

I had a buddy when I was in the Marines who was at 19 years, and got out before he retired just so his ex wouldn't get half of his retirement.