Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Oregon state Coach Gary Anderson quits

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Oregon state Coach Gary Anderson quits
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:43 am
  • Waived his buyout, so I don't think he was fired. Just quit.

Gotta think they'll go after a guy like Jimmy Lake, Alex Grinch or Beau Baldwin. Maybe Mike Riley wants to come back to OSU for a 3rd time, he's likely out at Nebraska after this season.
    Last edited by JSeahawks on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Re: Oregon state Coach Gary Anderson quits
Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:13 am

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:29 am
  • Oregon State announced on Monday that the school and coach Gary Anderson have parted ways.

"After many discussions with [athletic director] Scott [Barnes], waiving my contract is the correct decision and enables the young men and the program to move forward and concentrate on the rest of the season," said Andersen in a release from the school. "Coaching is not about the mighty dollar. It is about teaching and putting young men in a position to succeed on and off the field. Success comes when all parties involved are moving in the same direction."

As part of his decision to step down, Andersen forfeited the money remaining on his contract. He had just signed a contract extension at Oregon State in January that was to keep him with the program through 2021. Anderson was set to receive $2.65 million this season and would have picked up a $100,000 raise through each remaining year of the deal.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... erim-role/
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:33 am
  • Well, that program is easily the worst in the BCS. Hopefully they can finally catch a break.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

• They must have caught him doing something...or someone.

I don't care who you are, you don't give up money like that. Hell, take the payday and donate it to charity. You know the college won't.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• ivotuk wrote:They must have caught him doing something...or someone.

I don't care who you are, you don't give up money like that. Hell, take the payday and donate it to charity. You know the college won't.

He's been telling reporters for awhile that he'd walk away if it felt like he couldn't win there. I guess it got to that point.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I wonder if they go after Smith who I really wouldn't mind losing.

Lake is on a good career path and I doubt he'd risk taking a dead end job even as HC.

Grinch would be interesting but I think he's in a similar spot to lake. I think he'd be best waiting for something better.
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

• I know a certain NFL OC who would be the PERFECT FIT for that job. 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:I know a certain NFL OC who would be the PERFECT FIT for that job. 8)

He has a 70 percent chance of getting that job over a certain O line and assistant coach. :)

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:08 pm
  • I flipped the channel in time to watch the last six minutes of the OSU-Stanford game. That was a most depressing six minutes.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:John Canzano, local columnist shared a bunch of texts he had from Anderson. Some pretty crazy stuff in here:

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregon ... it_ro.html

Really interesting article. His texts were quite revealing of a guy that may have been just burned out of coaching and maybe a case of being lonely at the top. He repeatedly blamed himself for hiring poor assistant coaches and didn't want to fire everyone at the end of the year to start over. I've rarely read of anyone walking away from a huge contract in any capacity and this shows he certainly walks to a different beat if nothing else.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:13 am
  • ivotuk wrote:They must have caught him doing something...or someone.

Word is that he's going through a nasty divorce and may have done this to avoid giving soon to be ex-wife $6 million dollars. If this is true, its totally a baller move.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:35 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:They must have caught him doing something...or someone.

Word is that he's going through a nasty divorce and may have done this to avoid giving soon to be ex-wife $6 million dollars. If this is true, its totally a baller move.

Hate and despising is a strong motivator, had a couple guys at work here stay past 70 only because there ex's were going after their retirement, both said they would die at work before that bitch gets a dime, she already took half the house and everything and gets alimony. Stayed until their ex wife died.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:They must have caught him doing something...or someone.

Hate and despising is a strong motivator, had a couple guys at work here stay past 70 only because there ex's were going after their retirement, both said they would die at work before that bitch gets a dime, she already took half the house and everything and gets alimony. Stayed until their ex wife died.

I had a buddy when I was in the Marines who was at 19 years, and got out before he retired just so his ex wouldn't get half of his retirement.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• Beau was a good coach at Eastern Washington, interested to see what he can do in FBS.

2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:54 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information