Gruden now 2-1 odds to be next Tennessee coach

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I doubt he wants that job..There will be a bunch of jobs available..Like the Gators for one.

OP
OP
C

ctrcat

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3mmhdkz7 said:
I doubt he wants that job..There will be a bunch of jobs available..Like the Gators for one.

If he ever coaches again (especially in college), it will be Tennessee and it will be now. His wife was a Tennessee cheerleader, he got his coaching start there, he’s an open avid Tennessee fan, they have the resources and the challenge he’d be looking for, etc.

Might be the Bucs again but no other college job. https://247sports.com/college/tennessee ... -109792071

Maulbert

Reaction score
ctrcat":3h2qh6bb said:
IndyHawk":3h2qh6bb said:

If he ever coaches again (especially in college), it will be Tennessee and it will be now. His wife was a Tennessee cheerleader, he got his coaching start there, he’s an open avid Tennessee fan, they have the resources and the challenge he’d be looking for, etc.

Might be the Bucs again but no other college job. https://247sports.com/college/tennessee ... -109792071

I think Gruden is the modern John Madden. If he wanted another coaching job, he'd have it. I think he's happy in the booth.

OP
OP
C

ctrcat

Reaction score
Maulbert":2x026ju2 said:
ctrcat":2x026ju2 said:
IndyHawk":2x026ju2 said:

I think Gruden is the modern John Madden. If he wanted another coaching job, he'd have it. I think he's happy in the booth.

Difference this time is his name slingshotted from a token, joke bet to the front runner with real odds and real money. Not a done deal but somebody knows something. We’ll see.

Maulbert

Reaction score
ctrcat":3r9w36n0 said:
Maulbert":3r9w36n0 said:
ctrcat":3r9w36n0 said:
IndyHawk":3r9w36n0 said:

Difference this time is his name slingshotted from a token, joke bet to the front runner with real odds and real money. Not a done deal but somebody knows something. We’ll see.

Genuinely, I think the only guy who could walk out of retirement and be offered more jobs instantly is Bill Cowher. I get that Tennessee would be thrilled to have him. I just don't think he has the itch anymore. Just my opinion, obviously.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I hope this happens. I don’t necessarily like Tennessee but it would be entertaining to watch Gruden. He’d kill it in recruiting.

Another guy that I’m surprised colleges aren’t going after is Tony Dungy. He’d have parents lining up to have their sons play for him.

Maulbert

Reaction score