RB - Bryce Love - Stanford, JR

A-Dog

Reaction score
I love what I'm seeing from this guy. Yes, he's small (listed at 5'10" 196 LBS) and has struggled with injuries. He certainly doesn't fit the profile of a workhorse back, but I think he could be effective as a "change of pace" back on all three downs.

- He has outstanding vision and instincts, is decisive in his cuts, and runs north-south

- He has excellent balance and enough lower-body strength to break arm tackles with regularity

- He has great speed and quickness and is death in the open field

His lack of size might mean he's within reach for the Seahawks. At first glance he might seem too similar to McKissic but I think he could be more of a traditional tailback on mixed downs.

Stanford plays WSU on channel 13 (Fox) at 12:30 today, I'll be watching Love closely.

[youtube]BiQ43Y_T6fw[/youtube]

gowazzu02

Reaction score
WSU completely shut him down..... even with his ONE play of the day, 52 yard TD. He was held under 80 yards.

OP
OP
A

A-Dog

Reaction score
They did

I don't put that on him though, seemed like WSU was in the backfield all day, giving him nowhere to run. He did fight for some tough yards though, never going down easy.

Interesting that they often took him out on passing downs... that might mean his pass blocking leaves something to be desired

DJrmb

Reaction score
I get the same feeling on Love as I do on Barkley. Good backs that benefit greatly by some great offensive line play and offensive play style. Stanford frequently uses multiple TE's and has a ton of blockers on the field for their RB's. I personally don't see either one being elite in the NFL.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Besides the injury factor..I'd rather take Notre Dame RB-Josh Adams

OP
OP
A

A-Dog

Reaction score
I don't think he can be elite unless he shows some great receiving skills a la Marshall Faulk

I still think he's a great runner who could be a good late first/early 2nd round pick

He'll likely have a rough go of it again tonight against the UW defense

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Tore it up against UW and despite whats claimed here the Stanford line is not that great this year. Love has a very good ability to read holes and make plays where there seemed like nothing. I like him.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We need a workhorse back not a small change of pace guy.

OP
OP
A

A-Dog

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":vlmiu1s0 said:
We need a workhorse back not a small change of pace guy.
He had 30 carries last night with a banged up ankle against the #1 defense in the country.

HoldYourHawk

Reaction score
If available I would like to see the Hawks snag either Derrius Guice from LSU or Royce Freeman from Oregon. Both have proven to be way more durable than Love.