Anyone see Washington having a chance?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I know they are not as good this year and have issues.With losses happening every week in the top ten of the
polls..As long as they win out does anyone think they can get to #4?
I see them getting to 7-8 this week and who knows what can happen in the coming weeks.
I haven't been able to see them play this year :(

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Absolutely. I think the 'expert' oddsmakers gave them close to an 80% chance to make the playoffs if they win out before any of the upsets, so you'd have to think those odds will have improved substantially.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
If WSU can win out and USC also so they have 2 ranked wins, maybe. Still going ti need some help though.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
They’ll need some help. TCU, Wisconsin and Miami need to lose.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Miami will probably lose next weekend vs. Notre Dame, as will TCU to Oklahoma, and Wisconsin will probably lose the Big Ten Championship game. If Washington can win out they'll be in the conversation at least.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Playoff pecking order.
1. SEC champion
2. 11-1 Notre Dame
3. 13-0 or 12-1 ACC champ
4. 13-0 Wisky
5. 12-1 SEC CCG loser
6. 12-1 Oklahoma/TCU
7. 12-1 UW

I think UW has a 2nd loss left on their schedule though, so i dont think it matters.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Here's a scenario that will guarantee that the SEC doesn't get two teams in. Auburn beats both Georgia and Alabama during the regular season to win the SEC West and guarantee the loser of the SEC championship will have two losses.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This is how it will play out.

Miami and Notre Dame will eliminate each other November 11th

Alabama and Georgia will eliminate each other SEC title game December 2

TCU and Oklahoma will eliminate each other Nov 11th

Clemson and Miami ACC title game December 2

The doomsday scenario is undefeated Alabama losing to Georgia to in the SEC title game. They will put a one loss none SEC title holding Alabama in over any other team.

Looks like we will have a much clearer picture on 12 November. Long story short a one-loss conference champ UW team that beats top 15 teams WSU and USC are in the final 4. These polls and selection committee always suffer from recency bias. If they don't make the final 4 I bet they will be invited to the Orange Bowl and that should be a fun trip for us season ticket holders.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I have no clue. But I just wanted to say how incredibly crazy it is how soft UWs schedule is this year (no fault of their own really)

Best team they've played? ASU?

Best win? a bad oregon team with a backup QB? Or is it Fresno st?

What are the odds that they'd miss the best two teams in the South?

Furd is a "tough" game but they aren't a top 25 team anymore and that SDST loss keeps looking worse and worse.

Just amazing really.

sdog1981

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2d3tpt01 said:
I have no clue. But I just wanted to say how incredibly crazy it is how soft UWs schedule is this year (no fault of their own really)

Furd is a "tough" game but they aren't a top 25 team anymore and that SDST loss keeps looking worse and worse.

Just amazing really.

Did you see how soft every other team's schedule is? The only team that can brag about their schedule is Notre Dame.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":2bt3bs70 said:
gowazzu02":2bt3bs70 said:

Just amazing really.

Did you see how soft every other team's schedule is? The only team that can brag about their schedule is Notre Dame.
Exactly...Alabama just now played a decent team although we all knew LSU is not as good.
Oklahoma beat a team 62-53?OMG horrible defense but thats a great game worthy of top 4?
The BIG 10-Wisconsin's schedule has been worse than UW and the BiG 10 is pretty weak overall.
This is why I believe UW has a decent chance with upsets on the horizon.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If UW makes it they’re going to get destroyed by whoever they play. I️ don’t care about who’s played who, the eye test tells me that. They’re a good tram, they’re far from a great team. And before you think I’m picking on uw I’d say the same thing about any other Pac-12 team that slipped in there.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1mlrnx3y said:
If UW makes it they’re going to get destroyed by whoever they play. I️ don’t care about who’s played who, the eye test tells me that. They’re a good tram, they’re far from a great team. And before you think I’m picking on uw I’d say the same thing about any other Pac-12 team that slipped in there.

You really are struggling with this aren’t you

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Uncle Si":chmsq0o5 said:
JSeahawks":chmsq0o5 said:

I'm trying to leave Oregon fans alone. I know what it's like to be a fan of a team that is trying to get back to where they used to be when they had a great head coach, getting pounded by your hated rival, watching the recruiting rankings daily because "if we could just land a couple more 5 stars maybe we'll be good...".

I went through all that with Sark, Willingham, Gilby, etc....I even got excited when Sark was putting together top recruiting classes and thought to myself "this is all we needed." But then I learned it wasn't enough. I watched players have their best year as a true freshman. I watched players not only not develop, but in some cases get worse.

You've got to land a damn good head coach who actually develops players, motivates them to play hard, and gives them a plan to succeed. And odds are you won't find that coach the first try...or the first couple tries, or even the first 3 or 4 tries. And until then all you can do is sit there and hope that 4 and 5 star recruits will make the difference, and that maybe your new fancy coach is going to figure shit out and get his team rolling, and if he doesn't you can either sit there and want your coach fired, or make excuses like "he needs more time" or "just wait until he gets his players in the system!"

It's unfair to judge Taggart at this point, because you just never know how big of a mess Helfrich left and it's his first year...but if you're an Oregon fan, you've got to be worried that Helfrich = Tyrone Willingham, and Taggart = Sark. "Helfrich left a big mess!" "Taggart just needs more time!" "Taggart's recruiting really well, let's give him more time!", "We got Nick Montana, he's a FOUR STAR QB SO LET'S SEE HOW HE GETS DEVELOPED!!!!"... and meanwhile you keep watching your team go .500 or slightly better, and get rolled by conference opponents.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3doqjoi6 said:
JSeahawks":3doqjoi6 said:

No, I’m really not. I love Oregon’s future. If you can’t watch the games and tell that uw is nowhere near as good as last year I️ don’t know what to tell you. I’m not predicting UW to lose any soecific game, but would it really surprise you if they got beat again?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JSeahawks":24xnuc9g said:
Uncle Si":24xnuc9g said:
JSeahawks":24xnuc9g said:

No, I’m really not. I love Oregon’s future. If you can’t watch the games and tell that uw is nowhere near as good as last year I️ don’t know what to tell you. I’m not predicting UW to lose any soecific game, but would it really surprise you if they got beat again?

You're not predicting they will lose a specific game, just a game... if not "get destroyed" in a playoff.

I just see a pattern in that you are moving from thread to thread to douse water on the Huskies is all. It's bitter dude. come on..

Im sure Oregon's future is as bright as Washington's past.

Spounge84

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1y9r2gva said:
JSeahawks":1y9r2gva said:
Uncle Si":1y9r2gva said:
JSeahawks":1y9r2gva said:

You're not predicting they will lose a specific game, just a game... if not "get destroyed" in a playoff.

I just see a pattern in that you are moving from thread to thread to douse water on the Huskies is all. It's bitter dude. come on..

Im sure Oregon's future is as bright as Washington's past.

It's his thing, he'll constantly insert himself into discussions of the Huskies in the interest of being a supposedly honest neutral outsider. He'll give the best possible outlook for Oregon while giving Washington backhanded compliments at best. I don't think I've ever seen him say anything solely positive about Washington.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This is a weak Washington team that got lucky with a powder puff schedule.

Browning has good career numbers but he really isn't dangerous. He isn't a guy that can put a team on his back.

And the defense has some big guys but not really any other stellar defenders that are starters.

This is a team with 1-2 more losses in them. I actually don't expect them to beat WSU.

They have Pettis and Gaskin on offense and that is about it. They are barely a top 20 team. The record just means the other teams they played aren't great.