Washington Huskies vs. Stanford Cardinal

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
The Washington Huskies find themselves in Palo Alto, Calif., where they will take on the Stanford Cardinal for the 88th time since first playing Dec. 29, 1893. The Huskies lead the series at 42-41-4, and snapped a three-game Cardinal winning streak when they won a top-10 matchup last fall at Husky Stadium. The betting line for Friday’s matchup favors the Huskies to win by six, while ESPN’s Football Power Index gives the Huskies a 63.5 percent chance to walk away with the win.

The Washington football team (8-1 overall, 5-1 Pac-12) plays its final road game of the 2017 season as the Huskies travel to face Stanford (6-3, 5-2) Friday night. The game will air live on FOX Sports 1 and kicks off at 7:30 p.m. PT.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Figured this would be a busy thread. Hmm well Washington has their work cut out for them down 16 with 8 minutes or it's upset city.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Browning playing like a tard in the 2nd half. Bevell-like play calling as you are down by 16 with less than 8 minutes and you are still running the ball. Plus the defense can’t stop anything.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Couldn't stop Bryce Love.

Some bad play calling for UW.

Man did John Ross make Browning look great last season.

mikeak

Reaction score
Complete chaos on the third down and 12 leading to a sack. I know they only had one timeout but seeing that mess and can't believe they didn't take a timeout

sdog1981

Reaction score
Who believed that Browning was going to run 21 yards for that first down? Anyone? Anyone?

Maulbert

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":3o8xln37 said:
Stupid racing was on for the start of the game.

Two months ago, I posted a similar complaint when FS1 showed the end of a Rangers-Angels game (both clearly out of the playoff race by then) that went into extra innings over the 1st quarter of the WSU season opener. You had no sympathy for me then. I have no sympathy for you now. Maybe you'll understand just how shitty FS1's regional programming decisions are now.

P.S. In case you forgot, here's the original thread, it's from the Shack so NSFW language:

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=138091

hawknation2017

Reaction score
I had a feeling there was a good chance they would drop this game. They just haven't played well on the road lately. Very similar to the ASU game against a tough front seven and overall disciplined defense.

I'm not holding out hope for a title repeat (though I think they would have clobbered USC), but hopefully they can close out the year with another 10-win season (11 after the bowl game).

JSeahawks

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":3b9xibqh said:
Stupid racing was on for the start of the game.

Not just racing, but a half hour of red flag, trucks just stopped on the track and then 15 minutes of driver interviews after the game while the football game's entire first quarter is passing. Ridiculous.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
So much for the huskies #1 defense...they laid a turd yesterday and flushed any chance at playoffs down the drain. They looked unprepared for the game. Terrible showing all around. Couldn’t stop anyone wearing a red jersey.

Maulbert

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2627oxjj said:
So much for the huskies #1 defense...they laid a turd yesterday and flushed any chance at playoffs down the drain. They looked unprepared for the game. Terrible showing all around. Couldn’t stop anyone wearing a red jersey.

They also opened the door for Stanford to win the Pac-12 North. If Stanford beats Cal next week, Washington can't win it. If WSU holds on against Utah, they're in the driver's seat.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Why would the Pac 12 rig it for Washington to lose? Would they not rig it for Washington to win?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Washington has lost two games this year because it's offense cannot move the ball as efficiently as it did last year.

Refs, kickers, player turnover and defense aside... Browning has been regressing (slowly) as QB since the USC loss last year. It's too bad, I was hoping for them to be back in the playoff this year.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1grx5sbb said:
Washington has lost two games this year because it's offense cannot move the ball as efficiently as it did last year.

Refs, kickers, player turnover and defense aside... Browning has been regressing (slowly) as QB since the USC loss last year. It's too bad, I was hoping for them to be back in the playoff this year.

I was too. As it was my only season to buy student tickets. But alas Browing has proven to be a cheap Kellen Moore knockoff.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2kojzfev said:

I’m not sure if he’s regressed or if John Ross just made the whole offense look better then they were. He, and his speed, really opened up the field for everybody else.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1570va6b said:
Uncle Si":1570va6b said:

I’m not sure if he’s regressed or if John Ross just made the whole offense look better then they were. He, and his speed, really opened up the field for everybody else.

I don't think it's as easy as "yeah, you lost a wide receiver." Ross was great. Isn't Pettis nearly as good? He has more receptions now than all of last year, but yards and TDs are down. Browning is not connecting on the longer yardage plays.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
If Washing just runs the ball with that hurry up, they are undefeated right bow. Why on earth they dont cater to their strengths is baffling.