Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Washington Huskies vs. Stanford Cardinal

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Washington Huskies vs. Stanford Cardinal
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:59 am
  • The Washington Huskies find themselves in Palo Alto, Calif., where they will take on the Stanford Cardinal for the 88th time since first playing Dec. 29, 1893. The Huskies lead the series at 42-41-4, and snapped a three-game Cardinal winning streak when they won a top-10 matchup last fall at Husky Stadium. The betting line for Friday’s matchup favors the Huskies to win by six, while ESPN’s Football Power Index gives the Huskies a 63.5 percent chance to walk away with the win.

The Washington football team (8-1 overall, 5-1 Pac-12) plays its final road game of the 2017 season as the Huskies travel to face Stanford (6-3, 5-2) Friday night. The game will air live on FOX Sports 1 and kicks off at 7:30 p.m. PT.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Stupid racing was on for the start of the game.
    GO HAWKS
    425HawkSpark
    NET Veteran

• Shaw bitching about the PAC-12 refs somehow ruling correctly on the targeting call.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

• Figured this would be a busy thread. Hmm well Washington has their work cut out for them down 16 with 8 minutes or it's upset city.
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

• Browning playing like a tard in the 2nd half. Bevell-like play calling as you are down by 16 with less than 8 minutes and you are still running the ball. Plus the defense can’t stop anything.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Couldn't stop Bryce Love.

Some bad play calling for UW.

Man did John Ross make Browning look great last season.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Complete chaos on the third down and 12 leading to a sack. I know they only had one timeout but seeing that mess and can't believe they didn't take a timeout
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Who believed that Browning was going to run 21 yards for that first down? Anyone? Anyone?
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• 425HawkSpark wrote:Stupid racing was on for the start of the game.

Two months ago, I posted a similar complaint when FS1 showed the end of a Rangers-Angels game (both clearly out of the playoff race by then) that went into extra innings over the 1st quarter of the WSU season opener. You had no sympathy for me then. I have no sympathy for you now. Maybe you'll understand just how shitty FS1's regional programming decisions are now.

P.S. In case you forgot, here's the original thread, it's from the Shack so NSFW language:

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=138091
    Last edited by Maulbert on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with a pestle. The chalice from the palace has the brew that is true.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• I had a feeling there was a good chance they would drop this game. They just haven't played well on the road lately. Very similar to the ASU game against a tough front seven and overall disciplined defense.

I'm not holding out hope for a title repeat (though I think they would have clobbered USC), but hopefully they can close out the year with another 10-win season (11 after the bowl game).
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• 425HawkSpark wrote:Stupid racing was on for the start of the game.

Not just racing, but a half hour of red flag, trucks just stopped on the track and then 15 minutes of driver interviews after the game while the football game's entire first quarter is passing. Ridiculous.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• So much for the huskies #1 defense...they laid a turd yesterday and flushed any chance at playoffs down the drain. They looked unprepared for the game. Terrible showing all around. Couldn’t stop anyone wearing a red jersey.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:So much for the huskies #1 defense...they laid a turd yesterday and flushed any chance at playoffs down the drain. They looked unprepared for the game. Terrible showing all around. Couldn’t stop anyone wearing a red jersey.

They also opened the door for Stanford to win the Pac-12 North. If Stanford beats Cal next week, Washington can't win it. If WSU holds on against Utah, they're in the driver's seat.
    The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with a pestle. The chalice from the palace has the brew that is true.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:So much for the huskies #1 defense...they laid a turd yesterday and flushed any chance at playoffs down the drain. They looked unprepared for the game. Terrible showing all around. Couldn’t stop anyone wearing a red jersey.

Well, when you are allowed to grab handfuls of Vito's and Gainse's Jersey on virtually EVERY SINGLE PLAY of the game -- of course the Defense is going to get moved. Their whole damn gameplan was hold hold hold hold hold hold.... and the Ref's just swallowed the whistles. Ok, fine if that's the way you call the game, but they didn't do the same for UW at all... UW got flagged for that in a few key situations, but oh no, not Stanford. The game was a joke, an utter joke.

There have been some crappy Pac12 calls this year, Oregon and Washington got some crappy calls down at ASU, and the Cougars got jobbed a few times, but this was the first time all season long I felt that a game was actually "fixed" -- it was sickening and made me feel like I can never watch a Pac12 game again.

Go watch that game tape.... and then look back at the last two games and compare. Oregon and UCLA got flagged every time they got a handfull of the big V's Jersey... every time, but last night the Cardinal were getting away with complete murder. There was one play where two guys pulled him away holding fistfuls of his jersey while he was desperately trying to reach for the RB.... that was when I just lost it and called the waitress for my check. I won't be going back to the sports bar for a single Pac 12 game the rest of the year.

After having to endure the rusty pipe to the rectum that the Seahawks got on Thursday night football, then having to sit through a game even worse the next night just totally ruined me for football for the year.

NFL officials are bad enough, but the Pac 12 is a travesty... it's sickening. Someone should go to freaking jail for this crap. I mean, the Huskies got treated significantly better by officials back in the east when they were up against Bama' than they got from their own Pac 12 officials.

And this is part of the Pac 12 problem. You think recruits don't see that crap, or talk about it? What football player in his right mind would ever play in a conference where you KNOW the officials are completely incompetent or worse, crooked?

I'm just to the point where I can't see the difference between professional or college team sports and "pro" wrestling anymore... is any of it real? I honestly don't think so.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

• Why would the Pac 12 rig it for Washington to lose? Would they not rig it for Washington to win?
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Washington has lost two games this year because it's offense cannot move the ball as efficiently as it did last year.

Refs, kickers, player turnover and defense aside... Browning has been regressing (slowly) as QB since the USC loss last year. It's too bad, I was hoping for them to be back in the playoff this year.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:Washington has lost two games this year because it's offense cannot move the ball as efficiently as it did last year.

Refs, kickers, player turnover and defense aside... Browning has been regressing (slowly) as QB since the USC loss last year. It's too bad, I was hoping for them to be back in the playoff this year.

I was too. As it was my only season to buy student tickets. But alas Browing has proven to be a cheap Kellen Moore knockoff.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:Washington has lost two games this year because it's offense cannot move the ball as efficiently as it did last year.

I’m not sure if he’s regressed or if John Ross just made the whole offense look better then they were. He, and his speed, really opened up the field for everybody else.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• JSeahawks wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Washington has lost two games this year because it's offense cannot move the ball as efficiently as it did last year.

I’m not sure if he’s regressed or if John Ross just made the whole offense look better then they were. He, and his speed, really opened up the field for everybody else.

I don't think it's as easy as "yeah, you lost a wide receiver." Ross was great. Isn't Pettis nearly as good? He has more receptions now than all of last year, but yards and TDs are down. Browning is not connecting on the longer yardage plays.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• If Washing just runs the ball with that hurry up, they are undefeated right bow. Why on earth they dont cater to their strengths is baffling.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information