Apple Cup Hype Thread.

Maulbert

Reaction score
The Cougars are 9-2 (6-2 conference) and in the driver's seat of the Pac-12 North with a bye upcoming. The Huskies are 8-2 (5-2 conference) and need a win vs. Utah plus a Stanford loss in the Big Game to stay in the race. I know this is a week early for you Dawg fans, but with a late bye, Coug fans are now left twiddling their thumbs. So let the hype begin!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
This game depends entirely on Falk, imo. If good Falk shows up, WSU wins comfortably. If Spaz Falk, who shows up every once in awhile makes an appearance, then UW probably wins.

I think WSU is the better team. But I also think UW is completely in WSU's collective heads.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
JSeahawks":36hbbgzj said:
This game depends entirely on Falk, imo. If good Falk shows up, WSU wins comfortably. If Spaz Falk, who shows up every once in awhile makes an appearance, then UW probably wins.

I think WSU is the better team. But I also think UW is completely in WSU's collective heads.

I don't disagree. UW has a better D than WSU, but have regressed on both sides of the ball from last season. Cougars D has definitely improved, but I think our offense isn't as good this year. And right now, I think the Huskies have the mental advantage.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2hp6y2ld said:

Agreed.

I will say one thing though. Last years UW Defense was probably underrated. I mean they put 3 secondary members in the first 2 rounds of the draft. Thats Air Raid nightmare fuel. This years Husky D is ranked high but I think thats due in part to their cupcake schedule. I think their corners can be taken advantage of. Vea and GAines are nightmares downlow....

BUT the one thing I'll say is WSU's D is the best UW will have seen all year.

IF the Cougar O doesn't crap all over itself like the Cal game, and if Falk can keep the offense effecient and not turn it over. Take the points when there. And dont kick it anywhere near Pettis. Let Herc and the #SpeedD go get the cup.

drrew

Reaction score
Barring UW picking up another major injury on either line this weekend, UW rolls WSU in the Apple Cup.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
If Cal and Washington both win this Saturday then next week's Apple Cup will decide the winner of the Pac 12 North. Then you can guarantee both teams will be highly motivated.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Azeem Victor suspended indefinitely because of a DUI he got arrested for over the weekend.

:34853_doh:

It's really not that hard to call Uber kids...

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DJrmb":2jvm7ddf said:
Azeem Victor suspended indefinitely because of a DUI he got arrested for over the weekend.

Gotta wonder if his suspension at the start of the year was alcohol related as well. He was a pretty promising nfl prospect before this season. Needs to get his shit together.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":38mqb7z9 said:
DJrmb":38mqb7z9 said:

Gotta wonder if his suspension at the start of the year was alcohol related as well. He was a pretty promising nfl prospect before this season. Needs to get his shit together.
I agree. I have no tolerance for shit like this. Victor is an idiot for getting himself in that situation. Good on coach Pete for suspending him!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think the UW is the slightly better team and will win.

That’s said, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if WSU wins, as they are a very good team that controls their own destiny for the PAC-12 title, and they have a week off to prepare for the UW.

Should be a fun game.

minormillikin

Reaction score
As a lifelong Coug fan and WSU alumni, I always expect that UW will win. Just like the last couple Apple Cups, on paper I think WSU should at least make a game of it -- but "on paper" didn't help in those games. I'll be pleasantly surprised if WSU wins.

One of the weirdest things about WSU this year is that Falk, despite the piles of PAC12 records, can completely nosedive without warning. It seems like he's been trying to separate himself from Air Raid to show the scouts he's not just a system QB. But the more he tries to audible to runs and stand in the pocket waiting for deep routes to develop, the less success he has.

If he can stay disciplined and dink/dunk like he's supposed to, I think Cougs can win. I wonder if Leach would pull Falk if he starts getting too cutesy again?

drrew

Reaction score
Maulbert":3e7jjaj2 said:
drrew":3e7jjaj2 said:
Barring UW picking up another major injury on either line this weekend, UW rolls WSU in the Apple Cup.

I hope the Huskies come into the game feeling the same as you do.

So about that...