Seahawks Draft Needs

massari

Reaction score
Is It safe to say RB and OL are the two main priorities to address in the 2018 draft?

RB Saquon Barkley AND OG-Quenton Nelson/OT-Mike McGlinchey would be perfect!

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Given the fact that we're having to depend on Jeremy Lane and Byron Maxwell as our starters right now, I think cornerback might be a position where they need to address the depth.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Good point. Although I'd be good going into next season with a HEALTHY Sherman+Shead to go with Shaq, Maxwell (re-signed for cheap) and Coleman.

Also, now Kam might not return next season, or ever, with a neck injury. :(

xgeoff

Reaction score
Yeah, I see the following as areas of need:

OL, SS, CB.

I don't think we need any more RB's. The problem isn't with the RB's, it's with the O-line. Just look at Alex Collins and what he's doing with the Ravens.

I also do not think we should draft an OL. We have displayed no ability whatsoever to evaluate OL talent. None. So why keep wasting picks. Better to just go after proven linemen like Duane Brown.

So I would go after SS and CB in the early rounds, depending on the talent available. It's too bad we wasted our last couple of first round picks as there were some really good SS's and CB's available, like Adoree Jackson, James Bradberry, Eddie Jackson and Miles Killebrew.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
The Seahawks apparently graded SS Delano Hill with a 1st or 2nd round grade last draft, so they might already have Kam's replacement to go along with Bradley McDougald.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They have plenty of DBs already. They have DeAndre Elliott on IR (should be back next season), Mike Tyson, and Akeem King on PS. Their biggest need would be DT if Richardson isn't re-signed and DE. Need to work on the Dline again and running back. There are some good rbs in this draft. Probably looking at another TE if they let Graham walk too.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
With the potential emergence of Dion Jordan and Malik McDowell for the DL and Justin Senior and George Fant at RT, those positions may already be taken care of as well. Also, Ifedi had the best game of his career last Sunday. So have Fant, Senior, Ifedi, Pocic and Roos battle it out on the right side and try to sign Andrew Norwell/Justin Pugh for LG. So they already might be satisfied with what they already have there.

If they let Graham go, I wouldn't mind picking a good in-line blocker through free agency to help the run game and former Husky Austin Seferian-Jenkins if he can be had for a decent price.

Personally hoping they enter next training camp with a RB group looking like:

Carson
early draft pick
late draft pick
McKissic
Prosise
Rawls
Davis

xgeoff

Reaction score
massari":yrdl0jh6 said:
The Seahawks apparently graded SS Delano Hill with a 1st or 2nd round grade last draft, so they might already have Kam's replacement to go along with Bradley McDougald.

Well we'll see. They graded Germain Ifedi pretty high and look where that got us...

I haven't seen anything from Hill to make me think he is the next Kam. It's early though.

xgeoff

Reaction score
hawkfan68":mp5rkhua said:
They have plenty of DBs already. They have DeAndre Elliott on IR (should be back next season), Mike Tyson, and Akeem King on PS. Their biggest need would be DT if Richardson isn't re-signed and DE. Need to work on the Dline again and running back. There are some good rbs in this draft. Probably looking at another TE if they let Graham walk too.

They don't need a quantity of DB's, they need starting quality. And as great as Elliott is on Special Teams, I thought he struggled in coverage. In my opinion none of our CB's (except for Sherman) are of the same quality as Adoree Jackson, for example.

That's the kind of quality we need. Frankly I don't even see Shaq Griffin as having that quality. Guy keeps getting beat deep...

I'm comfortable with Luke Willson and Nick Vannett at TE. I don't think they need to invest there.

What I would really like to see is for them to pick up an impactful rookie at any position. It could be a anywhere (DB, LB, DL) on Defense and on Offense I would take someone anywhere except OL. And this is ONLY because I have no faith in the FO and Tom Cable to evaluate OL Talent.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I would prefer for the Hawks to go sign a vet RB with some life left, and stay clear of the Lacy, AP, Charles type group. With Carson still in the fold, Im not sure if we need to spend another pick given the limited number of them this year on a RB.

I would like us to grab a stud CB, and a potential TE replacement for jimmy if he leaves. Gotta make sure Russ gets some weapons.

mistaowen

Reaction score
This will be a very interesting off season leading up to the draft. I think Sherm will come back strong and Shaq will have a full off season in the PC defensive back school. Though it's almost a guarantee he will take one or two late DBs.

Very deep RB class this year and Pete wants a great running game. Could see him grabbing someone early with the one cut power/explosion that this style of running game needs. Trim the fat at the position.

zchurch74

Reaction score
I’m hoping we are looking to draft a good OC and an OLC. Any one heard of any of these available in this upcoming draft?

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
IMO- Seahawks draft needs are as follows;
---Round-1-DE/Edge, (replacement for Avril & you can't have enough pass rush. Need high pick to get a good one) NOTE: I'd expect 1 or 2 trade downs to get more picks.--Their late 1-st traded for a high 2-nd & a late 3-rd, then trade the high rd-2 for a mid rd-2 and a 4-th or 5-th. I am thinking they will probably do trade downs to get more picks, but for this post they are not reflected herein. This is very necessary due to the lack of picks between late Rd-1 and late Rd-4.
---Round-4-RB, (replacement for several RB's, especially Fat Lacy.)
---Round-5-WR, (PRich may be leaving & thus creates a need.)
---Round-5-CB, (B/U CB to add to the mix is a big need.)
---Round-5-OLB, (A Will LB is a need.)
---Round-7-OL, (prefer a big ROT, or a big OLG, also a big need if you don't trust Ifedi, et. al. to continue development.)
---Round-7-FS or TE (Best available FS/TE at this point in the draft? This late in the draft you just hope to find a sleeper.)
---Round-7-PK (place kicker) please. (Any kicker could be a big improvement over the head case we have now.)
---UDFA's: DT, RB, OL, & more DB's & LB's.
:smilingalien:

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
If Sheldon Richardson, McDowell and Jordan come back, is a pass rusher really more of a priority over improving the run game with a stud RB and a O-lineman? Clint Hurtt seems to be getting the most out of everybody they put in there on the DL.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I want to see great investments in safety and running back. Everything else is BPA.

xgeoff

Reaction score
zchurch74":1xayix8f said:
I’m hoping we are looking to draft a good OC and an OLC. Any one heard of any of these available in this upcoming draft?

:ditto:

xgeoff

Reaction score
RB is so overrated. Tonight the Dallas Cowboys ran roughshod over the Redskins with Alfred Morris as their RB. It's not about the RB, it's about the line. This is why we need to FIRE...TOM...CABLE!

chris98251

Reaction score
xgeoff":30whwrv3 said:
RB is so overrated. Tonight the Dallas Cowboys ran roughshod over the Redskins with Alfred Morris as their RB. It's not about the RB, it's about the line. This is why we need to FIRE...TOM...CABLE!

Morris kind of ran over everyone in Washington also, not flashy just gets yards and more yards.

getnasty

Reaction score
xgeoff":3bdadai3 said:

Agree I would have no problem rolling with Carson, Procise, Mckissic, and Davis next year.