Which College Offensive Tackle Should Seattle take

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
There are two clear cut first round offensive linemen that need to be on the left side of the line for Seattle.

1. Mitch Hyatt-Clemson
2. Quinton Nelson-Notre Dame

Who else would you add to the list?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1kzw04xw said:
There are two clear cut first round offensive linemen that need to be on the left side of the line for Seattle.

1. Mitch Hyatt-Clemson
2. Quinton Nelson-Notre Dame

Who else would you add to the list?

Cody O'Connel Guard WSU... Unanimous All american last year. Consensus All american this year. Help firm up the middle of the pocket for RW.

Look at New Orleans they made a priority of getting studs at both Guard and Center spots.

And im a WSU homer.......

drrew

Reaction score
They should take Duane Brown, he's a little older, but a hell of a left tackle.

Seattle desperately needs a stud offensive guard. Quenton Nelson from Notre Dame would be the dream pick, but not sure he reaches where Seattle will pick. He may be a pro bowl player year 1.

Other options could include Billy Price - Ohio State, Will Hernandez - UTEP, Sean Welsh - Iowa

drrew

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2m24v9nc said:
Cody O'Connel Guard WSU... Unanimous All american last year. Consensus All american this year. Help firm up the middle of the pocket for RW.

Look at New Orleans they made a priority of getting studs at both Guard and Center spots.

I've seen several scouting sites mention that Dillard is a much better prospect than O'Connell. What is your take on that?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
drrew":zpkrrzd0 said:
gowazzu02":zpkrrzd0 said:

I've seen several scouting sites mention that Dillard is a much better prospect than O'Connell. What is your take on that?

Dillard is really athletic, Which I think translates well to the tackle position.

Cody is more of a mauler road grader, which is odd considering the Air Raid 2 point stance. But beyond that not really sure. Maybe it's cause he's 6'8. Too tall for an NFL guard? The NFL is all about measurables, so maybe he doesn't check a specific box?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Tyrell Crosby in the 2nd round. Didn't allow a hit on the qb all year, pac 12 OL of the year.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Someone who doesn't need Tom Cable for their development. We know once Tom gets involved where that goes....

original poster

Reaction score
I’d be absolutely amazed if the team does anything other than DE with their first pick.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Tons of capitol spent and we are still talking about which OT we should take round 1.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
"Should" being the operative word, all you guys are wrong, you all know damn well Seattle (if PC is still here) will be drafting a defensive lineman...again.

This is so sad it's not even funny anymore...but I can see them going defense again over offensive lineman.

But to continue this thread, I like Quenton Nelson from Notre Dame.

I think Notre Dame makes good offensive lineman.

Not sold on the WSU guy. Vita Vea (first round talent) from UW destroyed him, a lot, in the Apple Bowl.