Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Which College Offensive Tackle Should Seattle take

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • There are two clear cut first round offensive linemen that need to be on the left side of the line for Seattle.

    1. Mitch Hyatt-Clemson
    2. Quinton Nelson-Notre Dame


    Who else would you add to the list?
    User avatar
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1217
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:There are two clear cut first round offensive linemen that need to be on the left side of the line for Seattle.

    1. Mitch Hyatt-Clemson
    2. Quinton Nelson-Notre Dame


    Who else would you add to the list?



    Cody O'Connel Guard WSU... Unanimous All american last year. Consensus All american this year. Help firm up the middle of the pocket for RW.

    Look at New Orleans they made a priority of getting studs at both Guard and Center spots.

    And im a WSU homer.......
    User avatar
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1553
    Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:32 am


  • They should take Duane Brown, he's a little older, but a hell of a left tackle.

    Seattle desperately needs a stud offensive guard. Quenton Nelson from Notre Dame would be the dream pick, but not sure he reaches where Seattle will pick. He may be a pro bowl player year 1.


    Other options could include Billy Price - Ohio State, Will Hernandez - UTEP, Sean Welsh - Iowa
    drrew
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 941
    Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:50 am


  • gowazzu02 wrote:
    Cody O'Connel Guard WSU... Unanimous All american last year. Consensus All american this year. Help firm up the middle of the pocket for RW.

    Look at New Orleans they made a priority of getting studs at both Guard and Center spots.

    And im a WSU homer.......


    I've seen several scouting sites mention that Dillard is a much better prospect than O'Connell. What is your take on that?
    drrew
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 941
    Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:50 am


  • drrew wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:
    Cody O'Connel Guard WSU... Unanimous All american last year. Consensus All american this year. Help firm up the middle of the pocket for RW.

    Look at New Orleans they made a priority of getting studs at both Guard and Center spots.

    And im a WSU homer.......


    I've seen several scouting sites mention that Dillard is a much better prospect than O'Connell. What is your take on that?



    Dillard is really athletic, Which I think translates well to the tackle position.

    Cody is more of a mauler road grader, which is odd considering the Air Raid 2 point stance. But beyond that not really sure. Maybe it's cause he's 6'8. Too tall for an NFL guard? The NFL is all about measurables, so maybe he doesn't check a specific box?
    User avatar
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1553
    Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:32 am


  • Tyrell Crosby in the 2nd round. Didn't allow a hit on the qb all year, pac 12 OL of the year.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3303
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


  • Who will be the oline coach?
    User avatar
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1685
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


  • Someone who doesn't need Tom Cable for their development. We know once Tom gets involved where that goes....
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6889
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • I’d be absolutely amazed if the team does anything other than DE with their first pick.
    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 1581
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


  • Marvin Bagley III - Duke
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    User avatar
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1320
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 pm


  • Tons of capitol spent and we are still talking about which OT we should take round 1.

    Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    User avatar
    Subzero717
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10134
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


  • "Should" being the operative word, all you guys are wrong, you all know damn well Seattle (if PC is still here) will be drafting a defensive lineman...again.

    This is so sad it's not even funny anymore...but I can see them going defense again over offensive lineman.

    But to continue this thread, I like Quenton Nelson from Notre Dame.

    I think Notre Dame makes good offensive lineman.

    Not sold on the WSU guy. Vita Vea (first round talent) from UW destroyed him, a lot, in the Apple Bowl.
    "Awww, you so weak!" Richard Sherman to Joe Webb

    "Uh, huh, you suck!" Richard Sherman to Pierre Garçon

    "Don't f##### try me--I'm the best!" Richard Sherman

    Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 580
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:12 pm




It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:45 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: SeaJax and 49 guests