We need a.kicker!

ivotuk

Reaction score
“I wouldn’t take a kicker too high but if Carlson came out, how high could he go, (former Florida State and current Tampa Bay kicker Roberto) Aguayo went second round and Carlson’s grade is right up there,” ESPN NFL draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. said. “If I had to project it right now for Carlson, I’d say third round with the possibility of being a second.”

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/sto ... 457785001/

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
The kicking game was the deciding factor in Georgia's win.

Poor squib kick at halftime, along with a Record setting field goal was the difference in the game.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
You do not waste a draft pick on a kicker. MAYBE a 7th rounder. But even then.... Yes Walsh was a problem, but you should be able to sign about 5 to UDFA and let em duke it out.

naholmes

Reaction score
I was in favor of drafting a kicker last year but no this year with a shortage of picks. Hopefully we can get a good UDFA kicker like Badgley to come in and compete with a veteran like Cairo Santos.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":26ybhsqw said:
You do not waste a draft pick on a kicker. MAYBE a 7th rounder. But even then.... Yes Walsh was a problem, but you should be able to sign about 5 to UDFA and let em duke it out.

5 good UDFA kickers? and all of them in camp? I don't see it.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
the UGA kicker won't be available until 2020 but I'd use a draft pick for that kid.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I would absolutely use a pick on a kicker, good ones are difficult to find.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Me too! I'm desperate for a long term answer at kicker, punter, snapper and holder!

Maybe Blankenship from Georgia!. He looked pretty good.

Here's a punter, 6'6" 204# Check out his longest kicks :)

JK Scott Alabama:

CAREER STATS
SEASON PUNTS AVG LNG YDS
2017 54 43.0 64 2320
2016 64 47.2 66 3020
2015 70 44.2 59 3094
2014 55 48.0 73 2640

http://www.espn.com/college-football/pl ... 8/jk-scott

xgeoff

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2ood6lm6 said:

Exactly! No problem with a 7th rounder, but not anything higher!

xgeoff

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3po1lhza said:
I would absolutely use a pick on a kicker, good ones are difficult to find.

They are NOT hard to find. You can find them off the street with no problem. Look at the guy the Raiders got to replace Janikowski, Tavecchio or whatever. For the Redskins when Dustin Hopkins got hurt they picked up Nick Rose, he was excellent. Josh Lambo was cut by the Chargers before being signed by the Jaguars. Harrison Butker was on the Chiefs practice squad at the start of the season. These guys are easy to find. What you DON'T do is sign Blair Walsh as a free agent NOR do you choose a college kicker (like Roberto Aguayo) with a high draft pick.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1poh0xtv said:
I want this guy. No one else.

Kickerdance00
Good kicker with a strong leg who made game winners. Only problem might be his weight and back. In 2016 his previous 89% accuracy dipped into the 60's because of back issues. He still looks heavy but rebounded this year to get second team All Bg Ten honors.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I am solidly in the never, ever waste a draft pick on a kicker camp. Draft players that help you score touchdowns and players that stop the other team from scoring touchdowns, then the kicker doesnt matter.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2zi3dry2 said:
I am solidly in the never, ever waste a draft pick on a kicker camp. Draft players that help you score touchdowns and players that stop the other team from scoring touchdowns, then the kicker doesnt matter.

That's a pipe dream. We lost 2 games because of a kicker. 11-5 and the playoffs is a whole lot better than 9-7

We couldn't find a decent one anywhere. So I say draft one, and a big heavy one like Hauschka was so that he doesn't strain to kick the ball downfield like Blair Walsh did.