Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

No first round pick

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
No first round pick
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:13 pm
  • Who else feels the Hawks are going to trade its number 18th pick this year???

Man, smh, but I do.

It's gonna suck again.

No second round and no third round, I can see them trading the 18th pick to compensate.

Not again....damn.
    Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Re: No first round pick
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:33 pm
  • It usually seems like a high probability from draft to draft. Almost seems like a given this year.
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:38 pm
  • They will trade it, but to a later pick in the 1st.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:59 pm
  • Most likely....trade back in the first for a 2d, then trade that 1st out for a 3rd or two.

I'm actually OK with that. One player, regardless of position, will not solve our problems.

But we're gonna have to wait til the FA period is done to really know our status going into the draft. I hear our cap situation isn't good, but we'll see how creative they get.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:24 pm
  • There's a few guys that they're going to stay put at 18 and draft if they fall.

I think those men are Saquon Barkley, Derwin James, Joshua Jackson, Minkah Fitzpatrick, and a couple of highly-rated defensive linemen such as Arden Key.

Chubb's stock is rising, so he may be added to that list. I believe Chubb is going to be excellent. Sony Michel and Derrius Guice are two other prospects I would enjoy, but they're below Chubb.

I think the most likely scenario is that they trade back into the mid to late 20's, pick up a day 2 pick, and draft a defender and running back with the top 2 picks. I would love either (Fitzparick/Harrison) Alabama safety, either Georgia running back (Chubb/Michel), Guice from LSU, or edge to mitigate the loss of Avril with those two top picks.

After that, restock the defense and try to draft a tight end somewhere, and I'm good. I want the players drafted to have some serious chips on their shoulders. Attitude is needed.
    WilliamCooper wrote:I'd take Ryan Fitzpatrick over Wilson. I’m not even joking.

2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:29 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:There's a few guys that they're going to stay put at 18 and draft if they fall.

I think those men are Saquon Barkley, Derwin James, Joshua Jackson, Minkah Fitzpatrick, and a couple of highly-rated defensive linemen such as Arden Key.

Chubb's stock is rising, so he may be added to that list. I believe Chubb is going to be excellent. Sony Michel and Derrius Guice are two other prospects I would enjoy, but they're below Chubb.

I think the most likely scenario is that they trade back into the mid to late 20's, pick up a day 2 pick, and draft a defender and running back with the top 2 picks. I would love either (Fitzparick/Harrison) Alabama safety, either Georgia running back (Chubb/Michel), Guice from LSU, or edge to mitigate the loss of Avril with those two top picks.

After that, restock the defense and try to draft a tight end somewhere, and I'm good. I want the players drafted to have some serious chips on their shoulders. Attitude is needed.

You wouldn't want any offensive lineman??
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:17 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:There's a few guys that they're going to stay put at 18 and draft if they fall.

You wouldn't want any offensive lineman??

Not a priority for me. Maybe a guard or tackle prospect, but NOT with the early pick(s) unless something crazy happens and someone like McGlinchey falls into the late second round. Need to address other areas of roster for overall success of team.

Roll with the present talent, let Fant compete everywhere, let Pocic improve, etc.

Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:33 pm
  • My dream is that Derwin James runs something horrendous like a 4.65-4.70 and his stock drops off a mountain. He's a 4.4 athlete, though.

Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:56 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:My dream is that Derwin James runs something horrendous like a 4.65-4.70 and his stock drops off a mountain. He's a 4.4 athlete, though.

Most likely Derwin would go top 15, maybe even top 10.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:16 am
  • There’s a fair few QB needy teams in front of us which helps bring the best players to us.

We have a legit shot at grabbing the 12-13th best player available at #18.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:42 am
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:My dream is that Derwin James runs something horrendous like a 4.65-4.70 and his stock drops off a mountain. He's a 4.4 athlete, though.

Most likely Derwin would go top 15, maybe even top 10.

He's going way early for sure, but that's my pipe dream for ya. I think he has a chance to go top-5. Floor is probably Cincinnati.
    Last edited by Maelstrom787 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:09 am
  • It's all but a lock we're trading down atleast once. I bet we turn 18 into 4 players, trading down once maybe twice,
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:35 am
  • If it gets us a 2nd or 3rd back, absolutely trade down. Unless someone falls to us.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:30 am
  • Here is one trade down scenario that I have put together using the "old" trade value chart.
    #18 = 900-points
    Trade #18 (900) for: #28 (660) & #60 (300), -- Trade with a motivated partner.
    Trade #28 (660) (+ a 2019 - RD-5 or RD-6 pick) for: #31 (600) & #95 (120) -- " " " "
    These 2 trades NET The Seahawks picks: #31, #60 & #95. -- (in RD's 1, 2 & 3, right where needed.)
    Combined with the approx. native picks = 9 total Hawks picks:
    #31, #60, #95, #117, #142, #149, #204, #215 & 228.

:smilingalien:
    ------------------Rashaad Penny, the next great Seahawks RB.------------------
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:14 pm
  • I seriously do not have a problem in trading down, especially with no picks in the 2nd and 3rd. For me it all depends on who they pick. There are some great playmakers on D available, some great o-linemen, and lots and lots of promising RB's. As long as we get some of those, I don't care if we move up or down or whatever.

What I don't like is trading down for someone who is not really a playmaker AND doesn't fit a need.

For the record, the whole Malik McDowell fiasco should not reflect too poorly on John and Pete. The kid looked like a real playmaker, and if he could have played on the line this year it might have addressed some huge issues, and prevented us spending a 2nd rd pick on Sheldon Richardson. Anyhow, I don't know if anyone knew the true extent to which he was an a**hat.
    We Fired Tom Cable!
    xgeoff
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:06 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information