Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

IF - ET gets traded for draft picks, who to draft at FS?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • A few fans are suggesting that it may be time to trade ET while he still has some value. Who knows what the trade, IF it happens, will bring in draft pick capital? Ideally, we should hope for IMO a maximum return of maybe a 1-st & maybe a 3-rd or 4-th in this years draft. The bottom line to this thinking is what player takes over at FS? McDougald may be replacing Kam already so of the current roster possibilities leaves Thompson, Tyson & Hill. I think if they do indeed trade ET, they'll likely draft another FS in the mid-to-late rounds. After some research I feel I've narrowed down the 3 "most likely" players to be drafted as ET replacements. Note: Slim pickings at day-3 FS this year.

    (1) Watts is more physical and a better tackler than ET and flies around the field making plays. He may not quite have the top end long speed that ET has but has some qualities ET lacks and he's a good player to consider in Rd-3.
    ----FS-Armani Watts, Texas A&M, 5-110/205, 4.49/40 +/-, #67-overall, projected Rd-2/3
    2017: 13-games, 87-tkls, 57-solo, 4-INT, 1-FR, 10.0-TFL, .5-Sacks, 5-PBU, 2-FF & 2-blocked kicks
    2016: 9-games, 56-tkls, 36-solo, 2-INT, 6.0-TFL, 1.0-Sacks, 3-PBU, 1-QBH, 2-FF
    2015: 13-games, 126-tkls, 83-solo, 1-INT, 6.0-TFL, 2-PBU, 2-FF
    2014: 13-games, 59-tkls, 38-solo, 3-INT, 2.0-TFL, 8-PBU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArJujF7Grbw

    Stewart is IMO one of the better CB's in this class, FS is listed as his second position, not sure if he's played much FS, but ball skills wise he's a good player well worth consideration Rd-3/4 as both a CB and possible FS. Length unknown.
    ----CB/FS?-M. J. Stewart, No. Car., 5-111/205, 4.53/40 +/-, #118-overall, projected Rd-3/4
    2017: 12-games, 45-tkls, 33-solo, 5.0-TFL, 2.0-Sacks, 12-PBU, 2-QBH. + 15/170 punt ret. 11.33/avg
    2016: 13-games, 66-tkls, 48-solo, 1-FR, 3.5-TFL, 11-PBU, 2-FF
    2015: 12-games, 62-tkls, 34-solo, 4-INT, 2.5-TFL, 1.0-Sacks, 14-PBU, 1-FF
    2014: 13-games, 26-kls, 14-solo, .5-TFL, 4-PBU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRMdMGVZzZ4

    If none of the above end up with the Seahawks, a late Rd/UDFA player to keep an eye on thru the post season and combine is this kid from UConn, he's a ball hawk with some nice speed (close to ET?) and would make a nice addition to the Seahawks roster at a low draft cost. He may be a developmental guy that just needs a little coaching up?
    ----FS/CB-Jamar Summers, UConn, 5-116/190, 4.44/40 +/-, #999-overall, projected Rd-7/UDFA
    2017: 11-games, 63-tkls, 49-solo, 1-INT, 1.0-TFL, 1-Sack, 7-PBU, 1-FF
    2016: 12-games, 59-tkls, 42-solo, 2-INT, 1-FR, 4.0-TFL, 9-PBU
    2015: 13-games, 39-tkls, 25-solo, 8-INT (1 for TD), .5-TFL, 3-PBU
    2014: 12-games, 22-tkls, 16-solo, 1-INT, 2-PBU, 1-Blocked kick.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLrZXbMcmYE
    :smilingalien:
    ------------------Rashaad Penny, the next great Seahawks RB.------------------
    User avatar
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1325
    Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:11 am
    Location: Camano Island, WA


  • My guess is that McDougal would play free safety and Delino Hill would play strong safety but I highly doubt ET goes anywhere.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2698
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


  • McDougald then sign Reed from SF
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    User avatar
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2671
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


  • Re-sign McDougald, sign Reid if cheap. Weak safety class.

    If they don't believe in Delano as the answer for SS, Ronnie Harrison may fall into their laps and I think they'd pull the trigger at the right draft slot...

    The best option here is to keep Earl - he's a generational talent that isn't easily replaced. If he is traded for picks, I'm sorry, but I can't approve of anything less than a mid/late first rounder.

    On another note: Derwin James and Minkah Fitzpatrick are both going to be very good safeties in the NFL. Derwin should be the best strong safety in the league in no time at all, imo. I think Derwin is going to fall based on the fact that he's a better fit at SS than FS. Probably not to 18, but I would say his floor is 12 (Cincy).

    Also: on Armani Watts, his speed is too limited for me to consider him a realistic prospect at FS, and he's too small to play at SS. Probably off my board until the sixth.
    Image
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    User avatar
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2576
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


  • Please do not trade Earl.
    "You don't always get to play playoff games at home, or conference championships at home, or superbowls at home. You have to have the mindset that you can play to your potential wherever you are." - Pete Carroll
    User avatar
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 893
    Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:14 am


  • Maelstrom787 wrote:Re-sign McDougald, sign Reid if cheap. Weak safety class.

    If they don't believe in Delano as the answer for SS, Ronnie Harrison may fall into their laps and I think they'd pull the trigger at the right draft slot...

    The best option here is to keep Earl - he's a generational talent that isn't easily replaced. If he is traded for picks, I'm sorry, but I can't approve of anything less than a mid/late first rounder.

    On another note: Derwin James and Minkah Fitzpatrick are both going to be very good safeties in the NFL. Derwin should be the best strong safety in the league in no time at all, imo. I think Derwin is going to fall based on the fact that he's a better fit at SS than FS. Probably not to 18, but I would say his floor is 12 (Cincy).

    Also: on Armani Watts, his speed is too limited for me to consider him a realistic prospect at FS, and he's too small to play at SS. Probably off my board until the sixth.


    Best time to trade him is at the start of a rebuild, he still has high value and we have the pieces to adjust right now, waiting till he falls off is a mistake, he also has shown signs of displeasure being here, having Kam gone and Sherman possibly not playing up to his former self or being traded if he passes a physical is only going to perpetuate his anxiousness with the organization. Regarding Sherman he is 30 and chances of him coming back to form are much less then if he had surgery at 23 or so as well. Dallas is a perfect fit, they need secondary help and have in the past paid very well for a need player there.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 24199
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • A little of topic but didn't want to start another Earl Thread. What would you be happy with for trade value for Earl? It would be nice to get our 2nd and 3rd picks back, but I only see netting a 2nd and 7th or 3rd and 5th or something like that.
    Bevell's Bubble Busted
    User avatar
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1257
    Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:43 pm
    Location: davenport


  • bevellisthedevil wrote:A little of topic but didn't want to start another Earl Thread. What would you be happy with for trade value for Earl? It would be nice to get our 2nd and 3rd picks back, but I only see netting a 2nd and 7th or 3rd and 5th or something like that.

    I probably wouldn't trade ET without getting at least a 1st rounder in return. I'd guess a 1st + 3rd.
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1256
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 am


  • I’d be very happy with a first (any stage of the round) and a 5th personally.
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3109
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


  • Answer: No one, re-sign Bradley McDougald.
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 11365
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


  • Browns need a safety and have the #1 and #4 picks.

    I could probably be persuaded to trade Earl for that #4, given McDougald and Hill being around. Doubt it happens, though.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 16916
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • Assuming we could get the #4 (I don't think we could) who are you taking?

    Is that too high for Barkley? They might be able to trade into 4 and then trade out a few spots for a QB needy team and get Barkley further down.

    Just dreaming on a highly unlikely scenario.
    Mojambo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:38 pm


  • The only way I could see them getting the 4th overall pick is Earl + the 18th pick.
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3109
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


  • Note the first word in the title.....IF....., so... IF... ET is indeed traded (possible but not probable at this time), who can the Seahawks draft this year as a FS. It's a given that McDougald will likely be retained and IF KAM retires or goes on IR, McDougald would probably be playing SS, that leaves Hill on the current roster and we all know how PC/JS like to have backup & contingency plans at every position to account for players getting hurt. In the event that ET is traded and with PC/JS always trading down, my original post was to try and find a FS that may come close to ET ---- but not until: Rd-3 Watts, Rd-4 Stewart and Rd-7 Summers. Picks above that Rd-3 selection will likely go to RB, DE/EDGE, LB and/or WR.
    IMO.
    :smilingalien:
    ------------------Rashaad Penny, the next great Seahawks RB.------------------
    User avatar
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1325
    Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:11 am
    Location: Camano Island, WA


  • CamanoIslandJQ wrote:Note the first word in the title.....IF....., so... IF... ET is indeed traded (possible but not probable at this time), who can the Seahawks draft this year as a FS. It's a given that McDougald will likely be retained and IF KAM retires or goes on IR, McDougald would probably be playing SS, that leaves Hill on the current roster and we all know how PC/JS like to have backup & contingency plans at every position to account for players getting hurt. In the event that ET is traded and with PC/JS always trading down, my original post was to try and find a FS that may come close to ET ---- but not until: Rd-3 Watts, Rd-4 Stewart and Rd-7 Summers. Picks above that Rd-3 selection will likely go to RB, DE/EDGE, LB and/or WR.
    IMO.
    :smilingalien:


    Wrong O lineman (rolls eyes) and we don't draft skill position players high, contracts to big and if a bust more salary to eat also second contract is much more costly, additionally Carson was drafted in the 7th which will lend to the idea we don't need first round RB's to be successful finding talent. If we do anything we will go after someone like Hyde who is a proven commodity, not that he will fit our scheme.

    I want to be wrong but don't feel I am on this.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 24199
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Browns need a safety and have the #1 and #4 picks.

    I could probably be persuaded to trade Earl for that #4, given McDougald and Hill being around. Doubt it happens, though.

    JS would never do that to ET knowing now that ET wants to be a Cowboy. Question is can cowboys afford him?
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1526
    Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am


  • Jordan Whitehead would be a good fit. He has range and excellent coverage in both man and zone. He lacks ideal size but that hasn’t stopped ET from being all-pro. Whitehead might not last until day 3 but he was suspended for a few games and he also doesn’t have many INTs so maybe he’ll slip.
    User avatar
    naholmes
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 301
    Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 pm




It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:55 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests