Jacob Eason transfering to Washington Huskies haha Jim Moore

ivotuk

Reaction score
:p Just had to take a poke at Moore that the Huskies are getting an extremely talented QB while the Cougars have....no idea who they have.

Brock Huard:

One of the most immensely talented guys I've seen throw a football, in person, Jacob Eason

When I've watched him in person and done a couple of Georgia games, including his spring game, and got to see him person, he is so immensely gifted, throwing a football.

This is called an embarrassment of riches...
(710 Podcast)

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... k+and+Salk

The Seattle Times:

Sources: Georgia QB Jacob Eason, the former Lake Stevens star, expected to transfer to UW

The former Gatorade national player of the year had considered the Huskies during his initial recruitment out of Lake Stevens more than two years ago.

Barring a last-minute change of heart, former Lake Stevens High School star quarterback Jacob Eason is expected to transfer from Georgia to Washington for the next step in his college football career, multiple sources told The Seattle Times.

Eason, a strong-armed 6-foot-5 sophomore, would have to sit out the 2018 season under NCAA transfer rules. He then would have two seasons of eligibility remaining.

A former five-star recruit, Eason had considered the Huskies during his initial recruitment out of Lake Stevens. In 2014, during coach Chris Petersen’s first spring at UW, Eason was a regular at Husky practices, throwing a football with friends on the Husky Stadium sideline while wearing Husky gear.

He wound up sticking with his long-standing commitment to Georgia and won the starting job as a true freshman in 2016. That season he threw for 2,430 yards with 16 touchdowns and eight interceptions.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... fer-to-uw/

JSeahawks

Reaction score
According to the Dan Patrick Show he wanted to transfer to Notre Dame, but they said thanks, but no thanks. If i'm a UW fan i'm hoping that once Browning is done this year Yankoff beats Eason out.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I wouldn't take Eason here if I was Coach Pete.

He didn't choose you the first time, you weren't his first choice to transfer to, yet he now crawls his way back home.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Brock Huard. "He reminds me throwing the football of Matthew Stafford,it is like a little Nerf football in his hand."

2_0_6

Reaction score
ivotuk":1tlvmab3 said:
Brock Huard. "He reminds me throwing the football of Matthew Stafford,it is like a little Nerf football in his hand."

I remember people being enamored with Jamarcus Russell's arm also.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Stats as a freshman at Georgia: 55% completion percentage. 16 TDS, 8 Int's.

Fromm's freshman stats in the same offense: 62%, 24 and 7.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Btw, if you want your son to grow up to play QB at UW it would be smart to name him Jacob.

In the last 10 years:

Jake Locker
Jake Browning
Jake Haener
Jacob Sirmon
Jacob Eason

dopeboy206

Reaction score
I hope he's the last Jake. Like seriously lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dutchcoug

Reaction score
ivotuk":2dm9d58k said:
:while the Cougars have....no idea who they have.

Camm Cooper. You can enjoy the outcast from my High School, we’re fine.

getnasty

Reaction score
Eason got beat out by a freshman once it will happen again.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
From what I've been reading, Georgia is very much biased on their homeboys. All the others are from there and Eason was an out of stater.

The two coaches who recruited Eason — Mike Bobo and Mark Richt — are no longer at Georgia. Kirby Smart is the Bulldogs coach and has made a point of keeping the state’s best talents from leaving.

And Fromm is from Warner Robins, Georgia.

“When (Fromm) goes to Notre Dame and beats Notre Dame, I looked right there ... and looked at the upcoming games,” said KJR 950 AM analyst and former NFL quarterback Hugh Millen. “(Georgia) was playing Samford next and I thought this guy is going to get on a big winning streak and they’re not going back to Eason.”

If that weren’t enough, the Bulldogs have even more talent waiting in the wings.

Smart also signed five-star quarterback Justin Fields. At 6-foot-3 and 220 pounds, he’s the consensus No. 2 player in the nation.

Only Clemson signee Trevor Lawrence is considered a better prospect. Both Fields and Lawrence are from Georgia.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/co ... 69669.html

JSeahawks

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3j62tzia said:
From what I've been reading, Georgia is very much biased on their homeboys. All the others are from there and Eason was an out of stater.

The two coaches who recruited Eason — Mike Bobo and Mark Richt — are no longer at Georgia. Kirby Smart is the Bulldogs coach and has made a point of keeping the state’s best talents from leaving.

And Fromm is from Warner Robins, Georgia.

“When (Fromm) goes to Notre Dame and beats Notre Dame, I looked right there ... and looked at the upcoming games,” said KJR 950 AM analyst and former NFL quarterback Hugh Millen. “(Georgia) was playing Samford next and I thought this guy is going to get on a big winning streak and they’re not going back to Eason.”

If that weren’t enough, the Bulldogs have even more talent waiting in the wings.

Smart also signed five-star quarterback Justin Fields. At 6-foot-3 and 220 pounds, he’s the consensus No. 2 player in the nation.

Only Clemson signee Trevor Lawrence is considered a better prospect. Both Fields and Lawrence are from Georgia.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/co ... 69669.html

Biased on their homeboys? They’re biased to the better qb’s, just helps that they’re from Georgia. Eason is a good qb, no doubt about it, but both Fromm and even more so Fields, are special.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
ivotuk":329943gb said:
:p Just had to take a poke at Moore that the Huskies are getting an extremely talented QB while the Cougars have....no idea who they have.

Brock Huard:

One of the most immensely talented guys I've seen throw a football, in person, Jacob Eason

When I've watched him in person and done a couple of Georgia games, including his spring game, and got to see him person, he is so immensely gifted, throwing a football.

(710 Podcast)

The Seattle Times:

Sources: Georgia QB Jacob Eason, the former Lake Stevens star, expected to transfer to UW

The former Gatorade national player of the year had considered the Huskies during his initial recruitment out of Lake Stevens more than two years ago.

Barring a last-minute change of heart, former Lake Stevens High School star quarterback Jacob Eason is expected to transfer from Georgia to Washington for the next step in his college football career, multiple sources told The Seattle Times.

Eason, a strong-armed 6-foot-5 sophomore, would have to sit out the 2018 season under NCAA transfer rules. He then would have two seasons of eligibility remaining.

A former five-star recruit, Eason had considered the Huskies during his initial recruitment out of Lake Stevens. In 2014, during coach Chris Petersen’s first spring at UW, Eason was a regular at Husky practices, throwing a football with friends on the Husky Stadium sideline while wearing Husky gear.

He wound up sticking with his long-standing commitment to Georgia and won the starting job as a true freshman in 2016. That season he threw for 2,430 yards with 16 touchdowns and eight interceptions.

Cougs just graduated a Quarterback who owns all significant Pac 12 qb records. They just signed Camm Cooper who is an Elite 11 QB and highest ranked QB Leach has ever signed..... We're all set at QB, thanks

I said on signing day, One of Sirmon or Yankoff will go the Montana, Williams route and transfer within 15 months. Now maybe both will!

Good for UW though taking Georgias sloppy seconds.

getnasty

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2uumglx4 said:
ivotuk":2uumglx4 said:

Brock Huard:

(710 Podcast)

The Seattle Times:

Cougs just graduated a Quarterback who owns all significant Pac 12 qb records. They just signed Camm Cooper who is an Elite 11 QB and highest ranked QB Leach has ever signed..... We're all set at QB, thanks

I said on signing day, One of Sirmon or Yankoff will go the Montana, Williams route and transfer within 15 months. Now maybe both will!

Not to mention he's only there because ND didn't want him.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
It's too bad he won't be eligible to play next year...that's when we need him the most.

Chapow

Reaction score
getnasty":3on22ln1 said:
Eason got beat out by a freshman once it will happen again.

That isn't true at all. Eason won the starting QB job, but suffered a knee injury in the first game of the season. Fromm came in and played well and Georgia was winning so they didn't go back to Eason once he was healthy again later in the season.

Kudos to Fromm for taking the job after Eason got injured, but Eason was the starter before he got knocked out with a knee injury.

Chapow

Reaction score
getnasty":2efu14w7 said:
gowazzu02":2efu14w7 said:

Lucky us. He's a damn good QB. I'm really forward to seeing him play at UW for coach Peterson. :0190l:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Chapow":oys59kes said:
getnasty":oys59kes said:
gowazzu02":oys59kes said:

Lucky us. He's a damn good QB. I'm really forward to seeing him play at UW for coach Peterson. :0190l:
How do we know this?The two freshman may be even better ..It has happened already to him

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
As long as we get at least one good one out of the bunch, I'll be good. They all can't be Cyler Miles clones. :shock: