RIP Keith Jackson

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Passed away last night at 89. That voice was College Football, so iconic. Great man and great Coug.

Msfann

Reaction score
The guy called a great game, RIP.

sdog1981

Reaction score
All of my Rose Bowl memories are Keith Jackson memories. He will be missed

2_0_6

Reaction score
When I was in my early teens I was out to dinner with my Family and saw him and a few people with him sitting in the lobby waiting to be seated. I walked up to him and asked if I could shake his hand and told him I really liked listening to him call games. He obliged, thanked me and told my Mom tat she had a smart kid.

Once we were done with dinner my Mom asked for the bill and the waitress said he (pointed at him) paid for your dinner. Ill never forget that.

RIP Keith, you were one of a kind. :irishdrinkers:

chris98251

Reaction score
Master Broadcaster, it did not matter the event, Baseball, College Football, Pro Football, Basketball, Olympic Events and the Wide World of Sports broadcasts.
Iconic Voice and delivery, Whoa Nelly, Keith you were something else, RIP.

OP
OP
dutchcoug

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1qgk3vio said:
When I was in my early teens I was out to dinner with my Family and saw him and a few people with him sitting in the lobby waiting to be seated. I walked up to him and asked if I could shake his hand and told him I really liked listening to him call games. He obliged, thanked me and told my Mom tat she had a smart kid.

Once we were done with dinner my Mom asked for the bill and the waitress said he (pointed at him) paid for your dinner. Ill never forget that.

RIP Keith, you were one of a kind. :irishdrinkers:

That’s a great story. Thanks for sharing that.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
R.I.P. to the goat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk