My pre-combine/all star game mock w/trade downs from #18.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Trade down of pick #18, using the "new" trade chart. Note: All point #'s rounded to nearest whole #'s. #18 = 287-points. Trade #18 (287) for: #31 (190) & #63 (82) & #127 (20). 287 for 292 = 5-point SEA advantage, appropriate for such a trade. - Added to approximate "Native Picks": 121, 145, 149, 159, 212, 219, 228. Native picks extrapolated from: https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/11/1/16 ... at-do-they
-------------->Net Seahawks picks, (approximate) = 31, 63, 121, 127, 145, 149, 159, 212, 219, 228.

My Mock using these picks and rankings per nfldraftscout.com, positional rankings from 01/14/18 - update:
Rd-1, #31-RB-Rashaad Penny(46), SDSU, 5-11/220 (My #1 guy to lead the "new" rushing attack.)
Rd-2, #63-OG-Isaiah Wynn(63), Georgia, 6-2/302 (Left side OL fix, badly needed OLG for years to come.)
Rd-4, #121-OLB-Marquis Haynes(136), 6-2/230, (Great value here, fills out LB spot & adds pass rush.)
Rd-4, #127-FB/TE-Jalen Samuels(130), No. Carolina St., 5-112/228, (FB w/pass catch abilities ++)
Rd-5, #145-WR-Cedrick Wilson(149), Boise St., 6-3/188. (a value at this spot, my favorite mid-round WR.)
Rd-5, #149-OT-Cole Madison(161), Washington St., 6-045/314 (The ORT to take the spot from Ifedi-who?)
Rd-5. #159-OLB/EDGE-Lorenzo Carter(164), Georgia, 6-045/243 (Has LEO size/length, speed=?. Burst=?)
Rd-7, #212-WR-Steve Ishmael(209), Syracuse, 6-012/209, (A very productive possession receiver)
Rd-7, #219-CB-Deion Harris(999), N. Dakota, 6-015/182 (A reach, but he's a tall & long DB, sleeper?)
Rd-7, #228-QB-Jeremiah Brisco(305), Sam Houston St (FCS), 6-021/225) (The best QB in FCS.)
UDFA's: TE-David Wells(256), OT-David Bright(259), PK-Griffin Oakes(278), DE/Edge-Joe Ostman(271),
RB-Lavon Coleman(999), RB-Jarvion Franklin(999), FS/CB-Chris Hawkins(999), ILB-Chris Worley(999)
-and last, but not least - OLB-Jonathan Petersen(999), (The FSC sack leader.)

I would flat out drool over this draft. Fills most holes. Two other needs (maybe) are a punter in the event that Ryan leaves and a 3-tech DT to replace Bennett's roster spot in the event he is gone, the Seahawks do pretty well in finding these guys among the available free-agents, so maybe that is taken care of before the draft (hopefully).
:smilingalien:

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time getting excited about this draft . Passing on a transformative player on defense or offense for quantity isn't paying off. Sherman was the exception not the rule and the last three or four drafts prove it. Stay at 18 and get a star player like a Vita Vea who was available in Kiper's latest mock . There is going to be a legit star sitting there at 18 take that player i could care less if they don't have a day 2 pick.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":jdl9m24f said:
I'm having a hard time getting excited about this draft . Passing on a transformative player on defense or offense for quantity isn't paying off. Sherman was the exception not the rule and the last three or four drafts prove it. Stay at 18 and get a star player like a Vita Vea who was available in Kiper's latest mock . There is going to be a legit star sitting there at 18 take that player i could care less if they don't have a day 2 pick.

Sherman and

Russel Wilson, Kam Chancellor, Byron Maxwell, KJ Wright , Bobby Wagner (2nd rd) to name a few....

UDFA, Doug Baldwin

Stars aren't just found in round 1.

Hard pass on Vea, we have the exact same run stuffing D Tackle already in Reed who btw also a 2nd rd pick

D

DomeHawk

gowazzu02":38i7qmhv said:
Northwest Seahawk":38i7qmhv said:
Hard pass on Vea, we have the exact same run stuffing D Tackle already in Reed who btw also a 2nd rd pick

That would be fine if we were in a 3-4 but we are not. I would take Vea and return to being one of the best run-stuffing teams in the NFL.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Love this draft! Penny I think is going to be like Kamara or that Chiefs back.

Lorenzo Carter blocks kicks, is long and would be a great value there.

A LG would be nice, but I think our biggest need is OLB. Bobby and KJ had some injury issues and we fell apart without them. I want a thumper that will fill against the run.

LOVE the idea of a Fullback.

I desperately want a kicker, but I prefer Daniel Carlson

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/sto ... 457785001/

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I really hope we don’t continue the trend of trading back for mediocre players. Depth can be built through free agency and UDFA’s.

We need some top shelf talent that comes cheap.

OP
OP
CamanoIslandJQ

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
RE: Trade of pick #18 is absolutely a lock IMO, the only exception(s) could be if a player is traded like Sherman, Bennett or Jimmy G and they pick up some day 2 picks to fill that enormous hole between pick #18 and their mid- 4-th round pick.

It is inconceivable to me that PC/JS pass up the whole 2-nd day of the draft. There are indeed a couple of players that could be winners at #18, IF, they fall that far, but I'm not convinced that the Seahawks make that pick and give up entirely on day 2 of the draft, they have too many holes to fill.
:smilingalien:

lobohawk

Reaction score
Then the question is who is worth staying at 18 and taking? Throw them all out there, no matter how unlikely. Then pick it apart.

Saquon Barkley - RB, Penn State
Bradley Chubb - DE, N.C. State
Quenton Nelson - OG, Notre Dame
Connor Williams - OT, Texas
Vita Vea - DT, Washington
Orlando Brown - OT, Oklahoma
Derwin James - S, Florida State
Maurice Hurst - DT, Michigan
Mike Hughes - CB, UCF
Tremaine Edmunds - LB, Virginia Tech

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
NIce..
I love Penny
Throw Quinton Flowers in there
Love Lorenzo Carter - reminds me of Jason Taylor. I'd say he goes a little higher

I really think Earl gets traded to Dallas. Yes he's very important to our scheme, but his trade value is very high now and he apparently would rather be in Dallas.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
gowazzu02":b5zx5hh0 said:
Northwest Seahawk":b5zx5hh0 said:

Sherman and

Russel Wilson, Kam Chancellor, Byron Maxwell, KJ Wright , Bobby Wagner (2nd rd) to name a few....

UDFA, Doug Baldwin

Stars aren't just found in round 1.

Vea's game is not the same as Reed's.

Vea can pass rush, Jarran Reed is not much of a pass rusher.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Seahawkwalt1967":inprfqb2 said:
NIce..
I love Penny
Love Lorenzo Carter - reminds me of Jason Taylor. I'd say he goes a little higher

I really think Earl gets traded to Dallas. Yes he's very important to our scheme, but his trade value is very high now and he apparently would rather be in Dallas.
Even if Carroll is willing to part ways with Earl, you can believe Earl isn't going anywhere for less than a first rounder.

I don't see the Cowboys making this trade for him.

chris98251

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2feb2wvy said:
Seahawkwalt1967":2feb2wvy said:
NIce..
I love Penny

Even if Carroll is willing to part ways with Earl, you can believe Earl isn't going anywhere for less than a first rounder.

Cough Cough Joey Galloway.....................

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
chris98251":3r4k3g1d said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3r4k3g1d said:
Seahawkwalt1967":3r4k3g1d said:
NIce..
I love Penny

Cough Cough Joey Galloway.....................
If they give a first rounder for Earl, I think I'm all for it.

Not gonna happen though.