Jimmy lake taking over as dc at uw

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":3kp02rxl said:
Will now call the defense. Coach K will be co-dc. Kinda wierd although understandable with the desire to keep both. Will be interesting to see how it goes. Not sure I’ve ever seen this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BruceFeldman ... 8332005376

I've read this forum for years w/o posting and I remember you saying that Lake would be gone this year for sure and me thinking there is no way I would let this guy get away if I had a chance to keep him. In fact, I dreamed of this very scenario mentioned here when I contemplated how he might be kept. Lake was already co-DC so the only thing that changes is he is the one calling the plays now. That is the way it worked the last two years so why wouldn't it work now?

I don't think people realize what a huge development this is for the Huskies.

Once again, Petersen displays why he is considered one of the best coaches in the nation.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2d5kgl2j said:
JSeahawks":2d5kgl2j said:
Will now call the defense. Coach K will be co-dc. Kinda wierd although understandable with the desire to keep both. Will be interesting to see how it goes. Not sure I’ve ever seen this.

I've read this forum for years w/o posting and I remember you saying that Lake would be gone this year for sure and me thinking there is no way I would let this guy get away if I had a chance to keep him. In fact, I dreamed of this very scenario mentioned here when I contemplated how he might be kept. Lake was already co-DC so the only thing that changes is he is the one calling the plays now. That is the way it worked the last two years so why wouldn't it work now?

Once again, Petersen displays why he is considered one of the best coaches in the nation.

I see it differently, this is his audition to get a full time dc job next year. (Unless Harsin leaves Boise State in which case I could see coach K taking that job and lake being named permanent dc at Uw).

goseahawks2012

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1gjeyqz6 said:
DomeHawk":1gjeyqz6 said:
JSeahawks":1gjeyqz6 said:

I see it differently, this is his audition to get a full time dc job next year. (Unless Harsin leaves Boise State in which case I could see coach K taking that job and lake being named permanent dc at Uw).

He was offered multiple full time dc positions with a 7 figure salary. This is about him auditioning for a hc not dc.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
goseahawks2012":2smwkycq said:
JSeahawks":2smwkycq said:
DomeHawk":2smwkycq said:
JSeahawks":2smwkycq said:

He was offered multiple full time dc positions with a 7 figure salary. This is about him auditioning for a hc not dc.

Yea? Which ones? There are only 12ish schools in the country paying coordinators 7 figures. Who are the multiple schools that offered Lake, who's never been a DC, 7 figures? I havnt heard his name mentioned for a single job this offseason. I know he was a candidate for the DC at Cal last year.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":1d6yk0i7 said:
goseahawks2012":1d6yk0i7 said:
JSeahawks":1d6yk0i7 said:
DomeHawk":1d6yk0i7 said:

Yea? Which ones? There are only 12ish schools in the country paying coordinators 7 figures. Who are the multiple schools that offered Lake, who's never been a DC, 7 figures? I havnt heard his name mentioned for a single job this offseason. I know he was a candidate for the DC at Cal last year.

How about Alabama, Florida St., Texas A&M, and ASU?

I guess you are just not paying attention, it was all over the radio this afternoon that he was offered by several big time schools and chose to stay at UW. Another example of where this program is heading under Petersen that so many have chosen to stay there.

LOL.

https://247sports.com/college/washingto ... -113788746

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Again, name one.

I fully believe that he had many schools interested. I don’t believe for a second that he had multiple 7 figure offers as the other guy was claiming. Look up the list of coordinators making over a million. It’s nit a very long list and none of them are inexperienced.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2iqm9e5n said:
JSeahawks":2iqm9e5n said:
Again, name one.

Actually, I named four (4) on the edit.

Do you need a tissue?

Come on man, are you messing with me? I feel like i'm talking to the Iraqi defense minister and he's telling me US Forces are nowhere near Baghdad.

You're telling me Alabama, Texas A&M and Florida State offered him the job. Where are the tweets? Where are the links? Where are the message board threads of their fans (Or UW Fans for that matter) and insiders talking about it? If you know anything about college football you know that these things dont happen secretly or without people finding out.

Look, I love Jimmy Lake. Before the Ducks got Leavitt he is the guy that was my favorite to get the Ducks DC job. But come on, youre telling me that Jimbo Fisher only hired Mike Elko, who's been a great DC for 9 years because UW's DB coach turned him down? Oh, and he turned down Saban? Come on... I'll believe that Florida State and ASU both kicked the tires on him.. i dont believe either offered him the job at over a million per. Florida State ended up with a guy much more qualified then Lake, and ASU wouldnt pay that much.

Again, i love Jimmy Lake. But i'm not buying what you're selling.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":1vhda58e said:
DomeHawk":1vhda58e said:
JSeahawks":1vhda58e said:
Again, name one.

Do you need a tissue?

Come on man, are you messing with me? I feel like i'm talking to the Iraqi defense minister and he's telling me US Forces are nowhere near Baghdad.

You're telling me Alabama, Texas A&M and Florida State offered him the job. Where are the tweets? Where are the links? Where are the message board threads of their fans (Or UW Fans for that matter) and insiders talking about it? If you know anything about college football you know that these things dont happen secretly or without people finding out.

Look, I love Jimmy Lake. Before the Ducks got Leavitt he is the guy that was my favorite to get the Ducks DC job. But come on, youre telling me that Jimbo Fisher only hired Mike Elko, who's been a great DC for 9 years because UW's DB coach turned him down? Oh, and he turned down Saban? Come on... I'll believe that Florida State and ASU both kicked the tires on him.. i dont believe either offered him the job at over a million per. Florida State ended up with a guy much more qualified then Lake, and ASU wouldnt pay that much.

Again, you are not paying attention and I'm not selling anything, look at the link where it shows Softy reporting that those schools made the offers. Are you saying he made the whole thing up?

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":3k49gv53 said:
DomeHawk":3k49gv53 said:
JSeahawks":3k49gv53 said:
Again, name one.

Do you need a tissue?

Dave Mahler and Adam Jude have reported the seven-figure stuff.

https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tweet ... 1198856193

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":ylwj8v2k said:
JSeahawks":ylwj8v2k said:
DomeHawk":ylwj8v2k said:
JSeahawks":ylwj8v2k said:
Again, name one.

Do you need a tissue?

Again, you are not paying attention and I'm not selling anything, look at the link where it shows Softy reporting that those schools made the offers. Are you saying he made the whole thing up?

Yes, I absolutely 100% believe he’s making stuff up, or being fed false information, in regards to Alabama and A&m. FSU maybe because Taggart got turned down by like 8 defensive Coordinators.

You don’t find it odd that there was never any indication of any of those things until today?

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":1nu8jm6y said:
DomeHawk":1nu8jm6y said:
JSeahawks":1nu8jm6y said:
DomeHawk":1nu8jm6y said:

Do you need a tissue?

Yes, I absolutely 100% believe he’s making stuff up in regards to Alabama and A&m. FSU maybe because Taggart got turned down by like 8 defensive Coordinators.

You don’t find it odd that there was never any indication of any of those things until today?

Look, like I said, I've read these pages for a long time and I realize you try to sell yourself as some sort of college football insider but it's obvious from all the disinformation you spread here you don't know jack-squat. If you think Softy is lying take it up with him, or otherwise - GET A LIFE.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Definitely not an insider, just an idiot fan who reads a lot on the internet. Just like the rest of us. But I do spend a ton of time on both Duck and husky boards, as well as college football twitter, and have never heard that stuff til today. Honestly, not worth arguing about because nobody is changing their mind here. Like I said, I like Lake, will be interesting to see how it works out and where he and Coach K end up in a year or two.

D

DomeHawk

Yes, Jimmy Lake is one of hottest college coaching properties in the nation, not only is he a great recruiter but he has proven to be one of the best developers of players in the country. He has turned several raw 3-star recruits into legitimate early-round NFL draftees and is nationally recognized as arguably the best defensive backs coach in college football. And yes, again, It has also been reported that he turned down multiple big-time offers from other schools. The exact $$$ amount of those offers are impossible to know as these are typically well-guarded confidential negotiations. Someone like Dave Mahler might have access with his national media connections but suffice it to say that they were considerable offers. But, in the end, Jimmy's decision to stay was obviously based on more than just money.

The fact that Jimmy Lake decided to stay says more about the class organization Chris Petersen is building here than just simple dollars and cents. Unlike many current programs Coach Petersen takes the high road, from choosing players based on their fit and ability to succeed in his program to holding the line on discipline, he is no-nonsense in his approach. That also extends to recruiting where he refuses to play the games many programs currently do. That isn't to say he is a hard-ass either, he genuinely cares about his players and feels a deep responsibility to contribute, not only in their development as football players, but in their development as men.

Yep, there's a reason that three of the best college football QB's chose the same program, that coaches w/multiple opportunities choose to stay here, and that highly ranked players are committing to be here. This program has great stability and looks to have it for many years to come. It took some time but it looks like U-Dub finally made the right choice for its head coach.

hawkman

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3p3x9qy0 said:
Definitely not an insider, just an idiot fan who reads a lot on the internet. Just like the rest of us. But I do spend a ton of time on both Duck and husky boards, as well as college football twitter, and have never heard that stuff til today. Honestly, not worth arguing about because nobody is changing their mind here. Like I said, I like Lake, will be interesting to see how it works out and where he and Coach K end up in a year or two.

Been following this board for years. Just signed up. Your comments continue to amaze me as strange? Not really going to be interesting to see where Coach K ends up, he will be working with Peterson. Lake will be gone after this season. He is going to get the high profile head coaching job he has been groomed for and has earned.

Sounds to me like you are the only one in the country the past two seasons to not hear about the attention and offers Lake got. He made the smart play and took things slow to maximize his value. And respected where he came from making sure his future replacement at UW will not miss a beat.

Lake=Class and Loyalty

D

DomeHawk

hawkman":2rkz12wl said:
JSeahawks":2rkz12wl said:

Been following this board for years. Just signed up. Your comments continue to amaze me as strange? Not really going to be interesting to see where Coach K ends up, he will be working with Peterson. Lake will be gone after this season. He is going to get the high profile head coaching job he has been groomed for and has earned.

Sounds to me like you are the only one in the country the past two seasons to not hear about the attention and offers Lake got. He made the smart play and took things slow to maximize his value. And respected where he came from making sure his future replacement at UW will not miss a beat.

Lake=Class and Loyalty

I believe Lake will be here at least two more years if not more. He needs seasoning as a play caller before he is ready to move on. He's intelligent, he gets the concept of peaking too soon and how fast-track can work against you too. Besides, he's making 1-million+, there's no reason to rush things.

chris98251

Reaction score
Oregon is back to being the Rubber Ducks and being bounced from chances of a Post Season bowl game regularly.

6f0e6f550fb2af1e33e1331bbab1c039

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Silly doogs. Its going to be fun beating you next year.

[youtube]WKVhtX4VNSQ[/youtube]

Disclaimer: No huskies were injured in the making of this video. In the longer version he gets right up and bounces off to momma.

hawkman

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2sv9dlzs said:
Silly doogs. Its going to be fun beating you next year.

[youtube]WKVhtX4VNSQ[/youtube]

Disclaimer: No huskies were injured in the making of this video. In the longer version he gets right up and bounces off to momma.

I believe the difference of points combined in victory was bigger in the last two games than the entire stretch Oregon tried to tell everybody they were somebody by beating UW? Keep popping off, your not going to beat us. Your not going to beat Stanford. Most likely wont beat WSU. Your fans will think they deserve better, and may get the loser coach fired after only one year.... Nike will jump in and try to save the day by overpaying for another Willie! So predictable, and so pathetic!