Omg, WSU's QB Tyler Halinski commited suicide.

Anchovy of Terror

Reaction score
Just saw the news. Always sad to see someone make that decision. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends

Reaneypark

Reaction score
As a WSU alumnus, this is the worst thing we have ever experienced. Just so sad and unimaginable 12 hours ago.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Just so sad and so unexpected. Going to light a candle for the Hailnski family.

Chapow

Reaction score
Wow. Just unbelievably shocking and horrible news. My heart goes out to his family, friends, and teammates.

nwHawk

Reaction score
WOW. So sad. RIP Tyler. Just shocking. Thought and prayers to the Halinski family.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sad and I don't understand why..I feel for his family and friends who would have helped him.
All he had to do was talk to them.

hannibalking

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2u655va4 said:
Sad and I don't understand why..I feel for his family and friends who would have helped him.

As someone who has attempted suicide before, that’s not always as easy as it sounds. Especially when one feels just complete hopelessness about himself and the future. I was lucky in that my friend found me and rushed me to the hospital. I understand your thoughts though. This news hit me pretty hard because I’ve almost been in his situation, I just hope that whatever lies beyond that he finds peace.

original poster

Reaction score
So so sad.

For reference, if anyone reads this and feels in a similar spot, reach out to someone. Anyone, just reach out.

original poster

Reaction score
hannibalking":5544x1go said:
IndyHawk":5544x1go said:

As someone who has attempted suicide before, that’s not always as easy as it sounds. Especially when one feels just complete hopelessness about himself and the future. I was lucky in that my friend found me and rushed me to the hospital. I understand your thoughts though. This news hit me pretty hard because I’ve almost been in his situation, I just hope that whatever lies beyond that he finds peace.

Glad you're still here :) :2thumbs:

dbmack

Reaction score
hannibalking":f45pethi said:
IndyHawk":f45pethi said:

I hope you are doing well now and thank you for explaining this better than I ever could. My husband is currently in the hospital after a failed suicide attempt. To say all he had to do is talk to me and I could have helped him is not true nor is it helpful for anyone who may be going through this.

Prayers for this young man's family and friends.

original poster

Reaction score
dbmack":1e8a3593 said:
hannibalking":1e8a3593 said:
IndyHawk":1e8a3593 said:

I hope you are doing well now and thank you for explaining this better than I ever could. My husband is currently in the hospital after a failed suicide attempt. To say all he had to do is talk to me and I could have helped him is not true nor is it helpful for anyone who may be going through this.

Prayers for this young man's family and friends.

Hope your husband is ok and on the mend dbmack.

dbmack

Reaction score
original poster":a0gkjubc said:
Hope your husband is ok and on the mend dbmack.
Thank you, he is doing well, past the critical stage and into the recovery phase to hopefully keep it from happening again. I don't want this thread to be about him, it's for the young man who took his life yesterday. I just couldn't let that comment go. People who haven't been through it have no clue how hurtful those comments are.