Kipers first round pick

zchurch74

Reaction score
Derwin James,S, Florida st. I don’t agree. Even if Kam doesn’t come back we need OL more then anything. Maybe DL or RB. We need some size and speed.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He's a top 15 pick. I don't believe he falls to 18 and most probably the Seahawks will be moving down out the range to pick him. They need to add picks in the second/third round so a trade down is very much expected.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
hawkfan68":ty4nr3sq said:
He's a top 15 pick. I don't believe he falls to 18 and most probably the Seahawks will be moving down out the range to pick him. They need to add picks in the second/third round so a trade down is very much expected.

I disagree.

What we need is some top shelf talent. If we don’t add some elite players in the next couple of drafts we’ll be in complete rebuild mode.

getnasty

Reaction score
Love the talent so I wouldnt be disappointed in the pick but I'd prefer trading down and we probably have more pressing needs especially if we can sign McDougal.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
zchurch74":1dfxc1o5 said:
Derwin James,S, Florida st. I don’t agree. Even if Kam doesn’t come back we need OL more then anything. Maybe DL or RB. We need some size and speed.

Derwin James is quite athletic and would be an amazing strong safety.

Derwin James fills a need in the secondary at an important position. He's got more talent than anyone else would at 18, which is precisely why he will NOT make it to pick 18.

Tired of spending a lions share of draft capital on OL. Don't want to see OL in first 2 picks this year whatsoever. Time to restock depth in places that matter more to Seahawks football such as defense.

This needs to be a bpa draft.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
HawkNuts":2sy93yio said:
hawkfan68":2sy93yio said:

I disagree.

What we need is some top shelf talent. If we don’t add some elite players in the next couple of drafts we’ll be in complete rebuild mode.

I'm not denying his talent. What I'm saying is most likely he will be drafted before the Seahawks pick. If he is there and they go that route, that would be great. I think Ronnie Harrison might be available to the Seahawks should they move down. He's not a bad second option if they miss out on Derwin James.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I don't agree with we need line, we've drafted alot of lineman lately. Pocic 2nd rd, Ifedi 1st rd the last two years. What we need to do is coach em up for goodness sakes.

It's fun to look at mocks but everyone knows JS isn't drafting at 18, he might move back a couple times to regain 2nd and 3rd rd picks

Just for kicks not looking at the book but we trade 18 for 21 and and 21 in the third round. Then we trade 21 for 31 and 31 in the secon.

We just turned 18 in to pick 31 in first, 31 in second and 21 in third.

naholmes

Reaction score
I could definitely see them saying at 18 and picking Derwin James if he falls. That would be a home run. Sure there may be bigger area of needs and if another impact player falls like Nelson or McGlinchey then consider them too but I agree with everybody saying to go BPA. The team already traded their 2nd for a left tackle so I don’t see a need to spend a 1st as well unless it’s a special player.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
naholmes":d33z80v8 said:
I could definitely see them saying at 18 and picking Derwin James if he falls. That would be a home run. Sure there may be bigger area of needs and if another impact player falls like Nelson or McGlinchey then consider them too but I agree with everybody saying to go BPA. The team already traded their 2nd for a left tackle so I don’t see a need to spend a 1st as well unless it’s a special player.

James would be an absolute home run - no question at all.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Spent far too much money and draft capital on the offensive line the past few years. It's time to let the new OL coach actually implement a successful scheme/technique, interviews I've seen say the o-line talent is on par with most other teams. There's no reason they can't look just as good if not better than the patchwork Cards line we saw week 17.

Derwin James is crazy talented and would be thrilled if he drops. I think this is another case where if he falls for whatever reason, Pete is calling that right in. It will be interesting though, JS loves to trade back and this year they are really pick starved. I have a feeling unless there's a homerun guy who they love at 18, he'll be looking to drop to the late 20's or 30's.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
mistaowen":dlxnahu2 said:
Spent far too much money and draft capital on the offensive line the past few years. It's time to let the new OL coach actually implement a successful scheme/technique, interviews I've seen say the o-line talent is on par with most other teams. There's no reason they can't look just as good if not better than the patchwork Cards line we saw week 17.

Derwin James is crazy talented and would be thrilled if he drops. I think this is another case where if he falls for whatever reason, Pete is calling that right in. It will be interesting though, JS loves to trade back and this year they are really pick starved. I have a feeling unless there's a homerun guy who they love at 18, he'll be looking to drop to the late 20's or 30's.
PC and his drafts are so unpredictable, I can't honestly believe they would pick up James even if we're available.

This brass makes questionable moves all the time.

Fade

Reaction score
I echo what most have said in this thread.

Derwin James imo will be drafted in the top 12. No way he falls all the way to 18.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Fade":2wowxlhf said:
I echo what most have said in this thread.

Derwin James imo will be drafted in the top 12. No way he falls all the way to 18.

Thats what makes draft day so fun!!! Kiper who is (not good at prognosticating because nobody ever really does very well) but one of the better ones says he'd fall. Others say he's top 10. Unpredictable and fun!

CPHawk

Reaction score
I've said it before, Tyrell Crosby should be the pick. He's a decade started at tackle, the kid is dominating at the Sr bowl so far.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
CPHawk":36c1ki7i said:
I've said it before, Tyrell Crosby should be the pick. He's a decade started at tackle, the kid is dominating at the Sr bowl so far.
I go with the others who are in the no draft OL crowd.
We have enough with Fant being healthy so it's time to draft for other positions.

chris98251

Reaction score
IndyHawk":iuh7thfz said:
CPHawk":iuh7thfz said:
I go with the others who are in the no draft OL crowd.
We have enough with Fant being healthy so it's time to draft for other positions.

There are a lot of O line bodies on the roster, we don't know who Solari is going to see where other then Brown at LT and Britt most likely at Center, even that may be a question mark. Just know that guys over 6'5 are not going to ideally be his Guards and Center.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
They had Vita Vea going next to Dallas calling that pick a home run. First I doubt Vita Vea makes it to 18 if he does they have to take him . Vita Vea would make this defense elite immediately and a nightmare for the opposition he can do it all.

D

DomeHawk

Maelstrom787":o2dhq71l said:
Tired of spending a lions share of draft capital on OL. Don't want to see OL in first 2 picks this year whatsoever.

Yeah, lol, or at least until we can someone who can actually evaluate offensive linemen.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1pf1emhw said:
They had Vita Vea going next to Dallas calling that pick a home run. First I doubt Vita Vea makes it to 18 if he does they have to take him . Vita Vea would make this defense elite immediately and a nightmare for the opposition he can do it all.

Hey now, pump the purple breaks a bit. Vea is a nice player, but immediately elite? We have practically the same player in Jarran Reed already.....

Latest posts