Meet Russell Wilson's Backup in 2018

Fade

Reaction score
Player Comparison: Poorman's Vick / Richman's Tyrod Taylor.

A poorman's Vick in terms of straight line speed & overall arm talent. That being said he is very electric as a runner in the open field, the only comp is Vick. NFL+ caliber arm, and can easily make all of the throws. Has Russell Wilson like feet when scrambling around, and keeping plays alive. Unlike Vick though he actually love's ball, and will work everyday to be great.

Current draft stock is 7th Rd. I would burn a 5th on him without hesitation.

[youtube]FY7UZFbFERc[/youtube]
[youtube]ps8l-4FyJB0[/youtube]
[youtube]u8ftId_MUa8[/youtube]

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Wow, I couldn't agree more.
The Offensive scheme wouldn't have to be changed one iota should he have to come in for Wilson.

TreeRon

Reaction score
If Tyrod Taylor gets cut and doesn't get picked up what say yee?

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
ivotuk":2516xcoi said:
TreeRon":2516xcoi said:
If Tyrod Taylor gets cut and doesn't get picked up what say yee?

He's too expensive. Veteran pay and all that.
Yeah.

Taylor is probably looking at $4M APY minimum if you're lucky. Who knows in this market though, with guys like MIke Glennon getting $15M APY.

So long story short, I don't think Seattle can afford Tyrod Taylor's services.

I think Quinton Flowers is a superior prospect to Tyrod Taylor when he was coming out, but like Taylor he will need a little time to develop, transitioning from a college spread attack to a pro-system. Give him a year to get comfortable, and he can make plays with his legs in the meantime. Yr 2 I would expect a big leap, and by Yr 3 he might be a hot commodity that you can then trade for a 2nd rounder, maybe more going into Yr 4 if he pops and is Mr. Pre-Season.

Flip a 5th for a 2nd, and get 3+ yrs of what I think would be overall high end backup play at low cost is the name of the game.

chris98251

Reaction score
Austin Davis is the guy, knows the offense and can help get Wilson up to speed quickly, sorry no new rookie at least on 53 man squad.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
chris98251":2anjaakr said:
Austin Davis is the guy, knows the offense and can help get Wilson up to speed quickly, sorry no new rookie at least on 53 man squad.

This is a very logical take, Austin Davis has been with Schotty in the past.

The team can extract what Austin Davis will bring during the entire off-season program, and into the Pre-Season though. Then draft Quinton Flowers for competition, and see who wins.

I don't think other teams will be kicking down Austin Davis' door to have him on their team. He will always be available if needed.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
This.

And we already signed Boykin to the PS.

Keep Davis and let the other two fight it out. :rumble: