Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Ronald Jones II

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Ronald Jones II
Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:55 am
  • https://youtu.be/D4YB4O9OR9c

    Of all the backs in the draft this year (outside of Barkley) this guy stands out. He is reportedly 210. A little light for the hawks but would love to see them ignore it and draft him.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3447
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:16 am
  • ImTheScientist wrote:https://youtu.be/D4YB4O9OR9c

    Of all the backs in the draft this year (outside of Barkley) this guy stands out. He is reportedly 210. A little light for the hawks but would love to see them ignore it and draft him.



    +1000 or Penny
    Seahawkwalt1967
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 214
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:38 pm


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:26 am
  • :2thumbs: Yea, he's pretty good....
    TreeRon
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 378
    Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:48 pm


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:34 am
  • ImTheScientist wrote:https://youtu.be/D4YB4O9OR9c

    Of all the backs in the draft this year (outside of Barkley) this guy stands out. He is reportedly 210. A little light for the hawks but would love to see them ignore it and draft him.


    He is listed at 200 and had to bulk up his senior year to get to that weight. It may have affected his speed also as he is now listed as a projected 4:55-40.

    Don't get me wrong, I really liked him at times but I'm not sure he is the big power back we are looking for.

    "Ronald Jones II*, RB, USC Height: 6-0. Weight: 200. Projected 40 Time: 4.55. Projected Round (2018): 2-3. 1/13/18: Jones ran really well for USC in 2017, showing more decisiveness and displaying more power after gaining weight ..."

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2018RB.php
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:16 pm
  • Ronald Jones is going to be very good for some team. He can get very skinny between the tackles and pick up positive yardage. Almost always makes first guy miss. Will not be caught by many defenders, even in NFL.

    I love the guy in the third.
    WilliamCooper wrote:I'd take Ryan Fitzpatrick over Wilson. I’m not even joking.

    Image
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    User avatar
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2670
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:16 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    ImTheScientist wrote:https://youtu.be/D4YB4O9OR9c

    Of all the backs in the draft this year (outside of Barkley) this guy stands out. He is reportedly 210. A little light for the hawks but would love to see them ignore it and draft him.


    He is listed at 200 and had to bulk up his senior year to get to that weight. It may have affected his speed also as he is now listed as a projected 4:55-40.

    Don't get me wrong, I really liked him at times but I'm not sure he is the big power back we are looking for.

    "Ronald Jones II*, RB, USC Height: 6-0. Weight: 200. Projected 40 Time: 4.55. Projected Round (2018): 2-3. 1/13/18: Jones ran really well for USC in 2017, showing more decisiveness and displaying more power after gaining weight ..."

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2018RB.php


    Tape tells a very, very different story regarding his speed. Former track runner.
    WilliamCooper wrote:I'd take Ryan Fitzpatrick over Wilson. I’m not even joking.

    Image
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    User avatar
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2670
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:20 pm
  • Looked plenty fast to me . The only defender to catch him as far as I could tell was #10 from UCLA. Maybe he's one of these guys like Emmett Smith that has "football speed."
    He's listed as 6" tall, he should be able to carry a few more pounds
    TreeRon
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 378
    Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:48 pm


Re: Ronald Jones II
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:32 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    ImTheScientist wrote:https://youtu.be/D4YB4O9OR9c

    Of all the backs in the draft this year (outside of Barkley) this guy stands out. He is reportedly 210. A little light for the hawks but would love to see them ignore it and draft him.


    He is listed at 200 and had to bulk up his senior year to get to that weight. It may have affected his speed also as he is now listed as a projected 4:55-40.

    Don't get me wrong, I really liked him at times but I'm not sure he is the big power back we are looking for.

    "Ronald Jones II*, RB, USC Height: 6-0. Weight: 200. Projected 40 Time: 4.55. Projected Round (2018): 2-3. 1/13/18: Jones ran really well for USC in 2017, showing more decisiveness and displaying more power after gaining weight ..."

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2018RB.php


    Tape tells a very, very different story regarding his speed. Former track runner.


    The Combine will reveal what his true speed is. What concerned me was that he was listed as a 4.41 runner coming into college at 185 lbs and now is projected to be 4.55 at 200 lbs. Another thing to always consider is RB's from upper-tier schools run behind 4 and 5-star linemen. We shall see.
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Ronald Jones II
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:06 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    ImTheScientist wrote:https://youtu.be/D4YB4O9OR9c

    Of all the backs in the draft this year (outside of Barkley) this guy stands out. He is reportedly 210. A little light for the hawks but would love to see them ignore it and draft him.


    He is listed at 200 and had to bulk up his senior year to get to that weight. It may have affected his speed also as he is now listed as a projected 4:55-40.

    Don't get me wrong, I really liked him at times but I'm not sure he is the big power back we are looking for.

    "Ronald Jones II*, RB, USC Height: 6-0. Weight: 200. Projected 40 Time: 4.55. Projected Round (2018): 2-3. 1/13/18: Jones ran really well for USC in 2017, showing more decisiveness and displaying more power after gaining weight ..."

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2018RB.php


    Tape tells a very, very different story regarding his speed. Former track runner.


    The Combine will reveal what his true speed is. What concerned me was that he was listed as a 4.41 runner coming into college at 185 lbs and now is projected to be 4.55 at 200 lbs. Another thing to always consider is RB's from upper-tier schools run behind 4 and 5-star linemen. We shall see.


    Walterfootball is not an expert and his projections are nothing but pure guesswork.
    WilliamCooper wrote:I'd take Ryan Fitzpatrick over Wilson. I’m not even joking.

    Image
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    User avatar
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2670
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Ronald Jones II
Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:22 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    He is listed at 200 and had to bulk up his senior year to get to that weight. It may have affected his speed also as he is now listed as a projected 4:55-40.

    Don't get me wrong, I really liked him at times but I'm not sure he is the big power back we are looking for.

    "Ronald Jones II*, RB, USC Height: 6-0. Weight: 200. Projected 40 Time: 4.55. Projected Round (2018): 2-3. 1/13/18: Jones ran really well for USC in 2017, showing more decisiveness and displaying more power after gaining weight ..."

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2018RB.php


    Tape tells a very, very different story regarding his speed. Former track runner.


    The Combine will reveal what his true speed is. What concerned me was that he was listed as a 4.41 runner coming into college at 185 lbs and now is projected to be 4.55 at 200 lbs. Another thing to always consider is RB's from upper-tier schools run behind 4 and 5-star linemen. We shall see.


    Walterfootball is not an expert and his projections are nothing but pure guesswork.


    Perhaps not, but I suspect they are privy to more information than you are AND the simple fact that they wrote "projected" 40-time is admitting that they are guessing. That does not mean that it is "pure" guesswork however.

    He may turn out to be the greatest pro running back of all time for all I know, all I am saying is that he needs to carry more weight to be the prototypical size running back that every pro team is looking for AND if that affects his speed significantly it will hurt his status. Not every athlete's frame carries weight well.

    Like I said, the combine, also not perfect, will tell a lot more about him. I think running back is one of the hardest positions to evaluate.
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Ronald Jones II
Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:29 am

Re: Ronald Jones II
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:51 am
  • ImTheScientist wrote:https://youtu.be/D4YB4O9OR9c

    Of all the backs in the draft this year (outside of Barkley) this guy stands out. He is reportedly 210. A little light for the hawks but would love to see them ignore it and draft him.


    He absolutely stands out. He can bowl people over, but doesn't go out of his way to do so. He reminds me a little bit of Chris Carson Lite. Powerful, athletic runner that can carry a team (when healthy).

    Chris Carson can be a 1200+ a year running back. Add some receiving yards, and I see him as capable of 1,500+ yards from scrimmage.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

    http://ivotuk.com/
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 17933
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Ronald Jones II
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:30 am
  • I would much rather have Penny but I wouldn't be upset if they took him so long as Penny was not on the board when they did.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3355
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


Re: Ronald Jones II
Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:33 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:I would much rather have Penny but I wouldn't be upset if they took him so long as Penny was not on the board when they did.


    It's a toss up for me. We have McKissic, but Penny, imho, is much better.


    The part that makes it so difficult for me, is Penney's former team mate, Donnel Pumphrey, was inactive at times for the Eagles. Yet Pumphrey had great stats in 2016, so good that Philadelphia traded up in the 4th round to pick him.

    "The Eagles traded up to acquire Pumphrey in the fourth round of April's NFL Draft and was the only player the team chose at the position.

    Prior to suffering the injury during practice, Pumphrey was inactive for Week 1 against the Washington Redskins, with rookie fourth-round pick Corey Clement was active for the game and made a special teams tackle.

    During the preseason, Pumphrey logged 26 carries for 49 yards, and caught 13 passes for 72 yards. "


    http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2017 ... n_ham.html

    But, again, I think Penney is a better prospect that Pumphrey. And even though some think that San Diego State's scheme pumps up their RB stats, I don't think that's completely accurate. I think both of these guys are a talented pair, on a good team, similar to Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders (except not on that level).


    My love for Ronald Jones is his power, and the level of fatigue he will inflict on opposing defenses. Another player, imho, that he bears a resembleance to is Arizona's David Johnson. (Ever notice how some of the most talented players have the most "plain" names?). "DJ" is a little bigger, but I believe they both have running and receiving skills.

    Tough choice, but I imagine the board will dictate which one is available to us. And Rashard Penney will likely be the better value because of where he will fall in the draft.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

    http://ivotuk.com/
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 17933
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Ronald Jones II
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:30 pm
  • Other then Saquan Barkley my two favorite RBs are Jones and Sony Michel.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23955
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:23 am
  • Been seeing a few mocks with the hawks drafting him
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3447
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


Re: Ronald Jones II
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:03 am
  • My Top 5 RBs:
    #1 Saquon Barkley
    #2 Derrius Guice
    #3 Sony Michel
    #4 Myles Gaskin (if he declares)
    #5 Ronald Jones

    If Gaskin returns for his senior year, then I would squeeze Rashaad Penny in at #5. I have Royce Freeman behind them.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2877
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Ronald Jones II
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:26 am
  • hawknation2018 wrote:My Top 5 RBs:
    #1 Saquon Barkley
    #2 Derrius Guice
    #3 Sony Michel
    #4 Myles Gaskin (if he declares)
    #5 Ronald Jones

    If Gaskin returns for his senior year, then I would squeeze Rashaad Penny in at #5. I have Royce Freeman behind them.


    Gaskin is returning for his senior year.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:10 am


Re: Ronald Jones II
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:59 am
  • hawkman wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:My Top 5 RBs:
    #1 Saquon Barkley
    #2 Derrius Guice
    #3 Sony Michel
    #4 Myles Gaskin (if he declares)
    #5 Ronald Jones

    If Gaskin returns for his senior year, then I would squeeze Rashaad Penny in at #5. I have Royce Freeman behind them.


    Gaskin is returning for his senior year.


    Gaskin might have a monumental year but he doesn't fit the prototypical power-back PC/JS are looking for.
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Ronald Jones II
Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:01 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    hawkman wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:My Top 5 RBs:
    #1 Saquon Barkley
    #2 Derrius Guice
    #3 Sony Michel
    #4 Myles Gaskin (if he declares)
    #5 Ronald Jones

    If Gaskin returns for his senior year, then I would squeeze Rashaad Penny in at #5. I have Royce Freeman behind them.


    Gaskin is returning for his senior year.


    Gaskin might have a monumental year but he doesn't fit the prototypical power-back PC/JS are looking for.


    Completely agree.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:10 am


Re: Ronald Jones II
Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:55 pm

Re: Ronald Jones II
Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:11 pm
  • I'm just not sure about Guice. Nothing he does excites me.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

    http://ivotuk.com/
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 17933
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Ronald Jones II
Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:26 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:Jones looks like a smaller Jaylen Samuels.

    This kid is 225 lbs and lined up at HB, FB, TE, and WR.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58KXly1PdBM


    hmm...sorry but I don't see that resemblance at all. Jones looks like Jamall Charles to me.

    I would rank the backs:
    Barkley
    Jones/Chubb
    Guice
    Freeman
    Sony


    I know they won't be drafted that way. But really hoping for Jones, Chubb or Freeman in this draft.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3447
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


Re: Ronald Jones II
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:03 pm
  • Would LOVE to get Samuels to replace Procise...and I like Procise. Similar in that they both have a wide skill set having played RB and WR. Samuels has incredible burst, great hands and perfect size. I don't know where he's projected but would love that pick.
    Seahawks-Blazers-Mariners-Ducks
    User avatar
    cheese22
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 289
    Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:25 pm
    Location: Oregon


Re: Ronald Jones II
Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:36 am
  • ImTheScientist wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:Jones looks like a smaller Jaylen Samuels.

    This kid is 225 lbs and lined up at HB, FB, TE, and WR.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58KXly1PdBM


    hmm...sorry but I don't see that resemblance at all. Jones looks like Jamall Charles to me.

    I would rank the backs:
    Barkley
    Jones/Chubb
    Guice
    Freeman
    Sony


    I know they won't be drafted that way. But really hoping for Jones, Chubb or Freeman in this draft.


    Jones is the image of Charles, for sure.

    I don't think he was used in the passing game too much at USC, though. Not sure if it's a case that he can't, though.

    IMO we need a back that is available in the passing game.
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3171
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


Re: Ronald Jones II
Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:13 am
  • Man, the more I watch Jones the more I want him to be the pick. He runs so strong, makes defenders take poor angles, and breaks tackles so fluidly.
    User avatar
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4457
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm


Re: Ronald Jones II
Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:41 am
  • original poster wrote:IMO we need a back that is available in the passing game.


    We just need a back that is available. To play. Like, at all.

    If Ronald Jones is that guy? Sure, great.
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2731
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


Re: Ronald Jones II
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:43 pm
  • USC had a second pro day today for RoJo and Deontay Burnett because they had hamstring injuries and couldn’t fully go back in March. RoJo ran a 4.48 40, and he estimates his hamstring is about 85% healed.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    User avatar
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6870
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 am
    Location: Southern CA


Re: Ronald Jones II
Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:40 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:My Top 5 RBs:
    #1 Saquon Barkley
    #2 Derrius Guice
    #3 Sony Michel
    #4 Myles Gaskin (if he declares)
    #5 Ronald Jones

    If Gaskin returns for his senior year, then I would squeeze Rashaad Penny in at #5. I have Royce Freeman behind them.


    I'm thinking more and more Royce Freeman. He has the size and power running PC/JS covet. Gaskin and Jones do not.
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Ronald Jones II
Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:49 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:My Top 5 RBs:
    #1 Saquon Barkley
    #2 Derrius Guice
    #3 Sony Michel
    #4 Myles Gaskin (if he declares)
    #5 Ronald Jones

    If Gaskin returns for his senior year, then I would squeeze Rashaad Penny in at #5. I have Royce Freeman behind them.


    I'm thinking more and more Royce Freeman. He has the size and power running PC/JS covet. Gaskin and Jones do not.

    Gaskin returned for senior year..
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4055
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: Ronald Jones II
Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:50 pm
  • I have a 78 year old Grandma that could run through those holes. He runs a 4.65 40,,,,, no thank you.

    Not sure what the OPs obsession with a slow RB is. Plenty of other good RBs in this draft.
    Last edited by seahawkfreak on Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5071
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


Re: Ronald Jones II
Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:58 pm
  • Jones
    Guice
    Sony
    Penny
    Johnson
    Last edited by Northwest Seahawk on Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1100
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:42 am


  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5174
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:52 am
  • KitsapGuy wrote:




    There's a lot of GM's that undervalue RB's. Look at the teams that made the playoffs last season most had a really good RB. Then there's the fact the first round money is slotted and the chances of needing to pay a RB big money after his 5th year is very small most of them have seen there best days at that point. So I disagree entirely that you shouldn't take a RB in the first round.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1100
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:02 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:Other then Saquan Barkley my two favorite RBs are Jones and Sony Michel.


    I like both these RB's. I'm getting the feeling Jones stock is on the rise and we won't get him in the 30's.
    Last edited by Northwest Seahawk on Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1100
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:23 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:My Top 5 RBs:
    #1 Saquon Barkley
    #2 Derrius Guice
    #3 Sony Michel
    #4 Myles Gaskin (if he declares)
    #5 Ronald Jones

    If Gaskin returns for his senior year, then I would squeeze Rashaad Penny in at #5. I have Royce Freeman behind them.


    I'm thinking more and more Royce Freeman. He has the size and power running PC/JS covet. Gaskin and Jones do not.

    Gaskin returned for senior year..


    I am aware of that, I was just using him for comparison purposes. They do not fit the PC/JS profile for RB's.
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:39 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:I have a 78 year old Grandma that could run through those holes. He runs a 4.65 40,,,,, no thank you.

    Not sure what the OPs obsession with a slow RB is. Plenty of other good RBs in this draft.


    Horrible take. He was injured (hamstring) during the 40 you're referencing, subsequently ran sub-4.5 at pro day despite not being 100%, and his game speed on film is excellent. He ran a 10.37s 100 meter dash as a track athlete, which is pretty damn fast.

    Again, horrible take.
    WilliamCooper wrote:I'd take Ryan Fitzpatrick over Wilson. I’m not even joking.

    Image
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    User avatar
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2670
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:01 pm
  • With our O line and how we use the running game we need a tough SOB that has great balance and a natural forward lean, the new helmet rule should make things interesting however, Guice is a back that looks good in college but runs way to upright for our blocking scheme in my opinion, hard to break thru tackles that way, he is a great open field runner from what I have seen however and if he has running lanes that you don't get contact till your thru the big fatties.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25441
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:00 am
  • Having taken another look at all these backs i'm warming up to Ronald Jones ll . In fact I think i'm changing my pick to Jones . He has excellent speed and vision and should be a guy Seattle can throw to out of the backfield. He ran 4.48 at his pro day and has room to add mass to that 5'11 frame. This is a real good year for Seattle to pick up a RB. My top 5 excluding Barkley.
    Jones
    Guice
    Sony
    Penny
    Johnson
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1100
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:23 am
  • chris98251 wrote:With our O line and how we use the running game we need a tough SOB that has great balance and a natural forward lean, the new helmet rule should make things interesting however, Guice is a back that looks good in college but runs way to upright for our blocking scheme in my opinion, hard to break thru tackles that way, he is a great open field runner from what I have seen however and if he has running lanes that you don't get contact till your thru the big fatties.


    We have a new coaching staff how do you know what blocking scheme where going to be in. Second with the new helmet rule running upright might be an advantage.. I'm not sure upright and blocking scheme are the metric for determining production in the NFL. I'll stick to who looks the most dynamic on film and that's Jones . I like his combination of size speed and lateral suddenness also his burst. And he runs with a lot more power than he's credited with. We don't know who out of these backs Jones,Guice,Sony, or Penny are going to be the best but they all have the ability and they all did well in college. I don't really see a bust in any of those four. Who can stay healthy will likely determine who has the best production in the NFL.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1100
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:54 pm
  • I don't get the Jones hype. He's a good complimentary player, but there's questions on where he'll succeed at the next level.

    He has speed, but he's undersized, so can he be a feature back for a team wanting to consistently run the ball like Seattle? I don't think so. He benefited playing with Sam Darnold, mostly running against seven-man fronts and nickel defenses which fit his running style, but against a stacked box he's not going to be the player to break a lot of tackles at the line of scrimmage.

    Can he win on 3rd downs? Maybe, but it's not there on tape to know. Any projection of him as a good 3rd down back is a reach, since he never showed he can run routes and catch passes. Yes, USC never throws to RB, I've heard that before, but that still means he's behind other RBs in snaps and experience doing so.

    The league has consistently waited to draft undersized, speed RB like Jones till the mid rounds. That's more likely, IMO, than the first round.

    Also, to add a correction to his pro day 40 time:

    It's obvious his game tape shows he has speed, but he played lighter at college. You can't give him his track speed at a heavier weight without him proving it.
    User avatar
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2947
    Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:01 pm
    Location: Vancouver, Wa


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:20 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:I have a 78 year old Grandma that could run through those holes. He runs a 4.65 40,,,,, no thank you.

    Not sure what the OPs obsession with a slow RB is. Plenty of other good RBs in this draft.


    Horrible take. He was injured (hamstring) during the 40 you're referencing, subsequently ran sub-4.5 at pro day despite not being 100%, and his game speed on film is excellent. He ran a 10.37s 100 meter dash as a track athlete, which is pretty damn fast.

    Again, horrible take.


    Could you say it again? Wasn't aware his hamstring injury was common knowledge. Just quoted his NFL combine stat from the official site. Didn't know that was so terrible.

    Even without the injury he wasn't projected to go in the first and there are quite a few RBs that are better than him.
    Hope that was a better take.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5071
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


Re: Ronald Jones II
Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:36 pm
  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:With our O line and how we use the running game we need a tough SOB that has great balance and a natural forward lean, the new helmet rule should make things interesting however, Guice is a back that looks good in college but runs way to upright for our blocking scheme in my opinion, hard to break thru tackles that way, he is a great open field runner from what I have seen however and if he has running lanes that you don't get contact till your thru the big fatties.


    We have a new coaching staff how do you know what blocking scheme where going to be in. Second with the new helmet rule running upright might be an advantage.. I'm not sure upright and blocking scheme are the metric for determining production in the NFL. I'll stick to who looks the most dynamic on film and that's Jones . I like his combination of size speed and lateral suddenness also his burst. And he runs with a lot more power than he's credited with. We don't know who out of these backs Jones,Guice,Sony, or Penny are going to be the best but they all have the ability and they all did well in college. I don't really see a bust in any of those four. Who can stay healthy will likely determine who has the best production in the NFL.



    It will still be ZBS but with the power version that the Ravens and other teams use that Cable stubbornly refused to incorporate.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25441
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Ronald Jones II
Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:34 am
  • 4.65 stands out and not in a good way.
    User avatar
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4179
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am


Re: Ronald Jones II
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:58 am
  • brimsalabim wrote:4.65 stands out and not in a good way.

    He pulled up halfway through his run with a strained hamstring.
    User avatar
    naholmes
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 317
    Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 pm


Re: Ronald Jones II
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:23 am
  • seahawkfreak wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:I have a 78 year old Grandma that could run through those holes. He runs a 4.65 40,,,,, no thank you.

    Not sure what the OPs obsession with a slow RB is. Plenty of other good RBs in this draft.


    Horrible take. He was injured (hamstring) during the 40 you're referencing, subsequently ran sub-4.5 at pro day despite not being 100%, and his game speed on film is excellent. He ran a 10.37s 100 meter dash as a track athlete, which is pretty damn fast.

    Again, horrible take.


    Could you say it again? Wasn't aware his hamstring injury was common knowledge. Just quoted his NFL combine stat from the official site. Didn't know that was so terrible.

    Even without the injury he wasn't projected to go in the first and there are quite a few RBs that are better than him.
    Hope that was a better take.


    It's obvious that it isn't common knowledge, unfortunately. It could be with a simple Google search though!

    Context is important, especially in sports. Stats, scouting, etc. Looking at combine stats in a vacuum is misleading, and this is a good example of why.
    WilliamCooper wrote:I'd take Ryan Fitzpatrick over Wilson. I’m not even joking.

    Image
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    User avatar
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2670
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Ronald Jones II
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:27 am
  • I remember watching Jones injure himself at the Combine. Was tough to watch as he was one of the guys I was most interested in watching test.
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3171
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


Re: Ronald Jones II
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:34 am
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:I have a 78 year old Grandma that could run through those holes. He runs a 4.65 40,,,,, no thank you.

    Not sure what the OPs obsession with a slow RB is. Plenty of other good RBs in this draft.


    Horrible take. He was injured (hamstring) during the 40 you're referencing, subsequently ran sub-4.5 at pro day despite not being 100%, and his game speed on film is excellent. He ran a 10.37s 100 meter dash as a track athlete, which is pretty damn fast.

    Again, horrible take.


    Could you say it again? Wasn't aware his hamstring injury was common knowledge. Just quoted his NFL combine stat from the official site. Didn't know that was so terrible.

    Even without the injury he wasn't projected to go in the first and there are quite a few RBs that are better than him.
    Hope that was a better take.


    It's obvious that it isn't common knowledge, unfortunately. It could be with a simple Google search though!

    Context is important, especially in sports. Stats, scouting, etc. Looking at combine stats in a vacuum is misleading, and this is a good example of why.

    I did a simple google search and got his 4.65 40 time from NFL.com. There was no mention of his hammy there. since that was pointed out on this thread I searched further and found his previous time to be a still unimpressive 4.55 but at the USC pro-day he was able to run a solid 4.48.
    User avatar
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4179
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am


Re: Ronald Jones II
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:35 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    Horrible take. He was injured (hamstring) during the 40 you're referencing, subsequently ran sub-4.5 at pro day despite not being 100%, and his game speed on film is excellent. He ran a 10.37s 100 meter dash as a track athlete, which is pretty damn fast.

    Again, horrible take.


    Could you say it again? Wasn't aware his hamstring injury was common knowledge. Just quoted his NFL combine stat from the official site. Didn't know that was so terrible.

    Even without the injury he wasn't projected to go in the first and there are quite a few RBs that are better than him.
    Hope that was a better take.


    It's obvious that it isn't common knowledge, unfortunately. It could be with a simple Google search though!

    Context is important, especially in sports. Stats, scouting, etc. Looking at combine stats in a vacuum is misleading, and this is a good example of why.

    I did a simple google search and got his 4.65 40 time from NFL.com. There was no mention of his hammy there. since that was pointed out on this thread I searched further and found his previous time to be a still unimpressive 4.55 but at the USC pro-day he was able to run a solid 4.48.

    The hamstring was injured in February. He shouldn’t have tried to run at the Combine. He was only partially healed and then re-pulled it and was back to square one.

    The 40 time from last week is with His hamstring still only 85-90% healed. He’s at worst a solid 4.4 guy.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    User avatar
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6870
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 am
    Location: Southern CA


Re: Ronald Jones II
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:06 pm
  • He's fast. Watch his tape.
    The whole "draft by measurables" hasn't worked too well. I hope they draft like they recently said they would and pick guys with heart, dedication and attitude. The reason they were able to draft successful players in the later rounds was because they picked guys who could play. Not the guys with the longest arms or fastest 3 cone or short shuttle or Mel Kiper approved. No position changes or huge projects when you have this many needs.
    Seahawks-Blazers-Mariners-Ducks
    User avatar
    cheese22
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 289
    Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:25 pm
    Location: Oregon




It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:56 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests