One-handed LB Shaquem Griffin on verge of making NFL history

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
He should definitely be drafted. Kid is a straight out baller. I can see him being passed over till the 5th or 6th round then having a stellar rookie season.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1bqdzcfa said:
He should definitely be drafted. Kid is a straight out baller. I can see him being passed over till the 5th or 6th round then having a stellar rookie season.

Watched him play three times this season. I'd be ecstatic if the Hawks could get him with a fifth round pick. That kid can flat out ball.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2m5y4o3h said:
seahawkfreak":2m5y4o3h said:

Watched him play three times this season. I'd be ecstatic if the Hawks could get him with a fifth round pick. That kid can flat out ball.
C'mon Pete-- John, Let's do this. :rumble:

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Good story, thanks for sharing. It would be great if the Seahawks drafted him. I doubt he gets called for defensive holding very often when someone goes to his left side.

irocdave

Reaction score
Looks like a great special teams player and back up LB / DE. This is a Pete Carroll type of guy, unless he gets high and crashes his car.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The word from the scouts is that he flips hips in coverage like a safety, which he used to play.

I wonder if he could be another Kam, certainly the right size and certainly hits like a train. His lack of a hand actually encourages his to have a better technique wrapping up.

But my favorite link on him is this one:
https://twitter.com/joshnorris/status/9 ... 9479556096

That film shows him literally running twice as fast as the rest of the players on BOTH teams, against top ten competition, in the final moments of a game he should be gassed in.

Also, the story of him actually living in the film room with an air mattress is borderline awesome.

Kam would be an amazing mentor for this kid and his LB play would fit right in with how we use Kam.

That a player that pops off the screen whenever you watch him, does not get an NFL draft invite? Weird.

This is a kid that Seahawks should take in the 5th, if not the 4th. He is an undersized LB with a pass rushing specialty and a tremendous tackler that can also play SS. How is that not a fit?

He probably isn't worth a 4th based on the measurables, but the film says he is an impact player and I don't see how you risk not getting a player that can address the issue we lost when we lost Irvin, for a situational pass rusher and can potentially be a replacement for Kam in a system that seems perfect for him.

Again, no NFL combine invite? WTH

D

DomeHawk

Such a great article. He faces an uphill battle but that's nothing new for him.

The two of them reuniting in the pros would make another great story.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The dude is a football player. I'd be pretty stoked if the Seahawks gave him a shot, and it has nothing to do with him only having one hand.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
JSeahawks":sj7knhbo said:
The dude is a football player. I'd be pretty stoked if the Seahawks gave him a shot, and it has nothing to do with him only having one hand.

They really should put an effort to get him. This guy is a good football player. There has to be a couple of teams that have a beat on him. At the very worst he is a ridiculous special teams player (I think he is more). I honestly believe if we could get him it would double our production.

I will admit I have watched only two of his games but he is pretty ridiculous. Big fan of his brother and he seems to be even better. All for it! Go get him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Said it before Kams Step in replacement and then McDougald to FS if Earl is Traded, Shaqem played Safety then moved to LB so our Hybrid position of SS he could slip right into.

Plus you could get creative and have him as a hand on the ground Pass Rusher showing a personnel group of a Bandit Package.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Bump.

The more I think about this, the more I think this would be an absolute positive move for our team. Don't know when or where but having two brothers in the locker-room with good ethics and a rapport seems very positive to me. Especially if the new one is better than the one we have now.