Way too early 2018 all Pac 12 teams

JSeahawks

Reaction score
From Jon Wilner, Mercury News, who in my opinion does the best job covering the pac12 as a whole. Obviously this is completely meaningless speculation, but it still gives an idea who to keep an eye on next year:

FIRST TEAM

Offense

QB: Oregon’s Justin Herbert
TB: Washington’s Myles Gaskin
TB: Stanford’s Bryce Love
WR: Arizona State’s N’Keal Harry
WR: Oregon’s Dillon Mitchell
WR: Washington’s Chico McClatcher
TE: Stanford’s Kaden Smith
OL: Washington’s Trey Adams
OL: Stanford’s Nate Herbig
OL: USC’s Toa Lobendahn
OL: Washington’s Kaleb McGary
OL: Oregon’s Jake Hanson

Defense

DL: UCLA’s Jaelan Phillips
DL: Washington’s Greg Gaines
DL: Oregon’s Jalen Jelks
LB: Arizona’s Colin Schooler
LB: USC’s Cameron Smith
LB: Oregon’s Troy Dye
LB: Stanford’s Bobby Okereke
CB: Washington’s Byron Murphy
CB: Utah’s Julian Blackmon
NB: Washington’s Myles Bryant
S: USC’s Marvell Tell
S: Washington’s Taylor Rapp

SECOND TEAM

Offense

QB: Arizona’s Khalil Tate
TB: Utah’s Zack Moss
TB: Arizona’s J.J. Taylor
WR: Cal’s Kanawai Noa
WR: Stanford’s JJ Arcegame-Whiteside
WR: USC’s Tyler Vaughns
TE: UCLA’s Caleb Wilson
OL: USC’s Chuma Edoga
OL: Oregon’s Calvin Throckmorton
OL: Stanford’s Walker Little
OL: Cal’s Patrick Mekari
OL: USC’s Chris Brown

Defense

DL: USC’s Christian Rector
DL: Utah’s Bradlee Anae
DL: Arizona’s Kylan Wilborn
LB: Washington’s Ben Burr-Kirven
LB: Colorado’s Rick Gamboa
LB: Washington’s Tevis Bartlett
LB: Washington State’s Peyton Pelluer (assuming NCAA approves 6th year)
CB: USC’s Iman Marshall
CB: Arizona State’s Chase Lucas
NB: Colorado’s Evan Worthington
S: Washington’s JoJo McIntosh
S: Oregon’s Ugo Amadi

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01/23/ ... -go-wrong/

Same writer predicted Bowls for next season: He ranks UW 7th and going to the Rose, and Oregon 13th going to the Fiesta Bowl.

7. Washington: Despite Vita Vea’s departure to the first round of the NFL, the foundation is solid enough to support another 10-win season. Whether a return trip to the playoff unfolds depends on the offense finding another gear under Jake Browning. (We’ll know early: The Huskies open with Auburn.)

13. Oregon: Justin Herbert is back, most of the offensive line is back and, crucially, Jim Leavitt is back to run the improving defense. That combination should propel the Ducks back to national relevance.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01/09/ ... teresting/

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Running back is interesting. Going to be tough to beat out either Love or Gaskin for 1st team as long as they stay healthy, but I think Stephen Carr at USC is going to be the best rb in the conference next year. Also Oregon's CJ Vardell should be better then either of those 2nd team guys.

Pretty weak group of WR's compared to what the pac 12 usually has. Although Harry is a stud, I think he's the best player in the conference.

D

DomeHawk

Washington returns nearly everyone on offense and defense, Oregon needs to break into the top-25 before they even think about national relevance.

D

DomeHawk

gowazzu02":71na3zzr said:
No respect for Mike Leach and WSU.....

I'm sure the team (and fans) are still in shock over the Tyler Hilinski tragedy.

Who do you see as the emerging QB?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1862ze3v said:
gowazzu02":1862ze3v said:
No respect for Mike Leach and WSU.....

I'm sure the team (and fans) are still in shock over the Tyler Hilinski tragedy.

Who do you see as the emerging QB?

RS Freshman Connor Neville last years 4 star qb recruit or true frosh Cam Cooper this years 4 star elite 11 qb who probably is the best qb recruit Leach has ever gotten.

I get very nervous but both teams in the NC game had true frosh qbs playing. High school kids run versions of the Air Raid and come in more ready then ever to play.

But point of my above post,

Theres no way Andre Dillard 3 year starter at LT doesn't get all con honors. Same with Safety Jalen Thompson 2 year starter who was 2nd team all con last year. Also the inside receivers Bell and Calvin are both going to have a huge year next year.

Can't believe none got mentioned.

D

DomeHawk

RS Freshman Connor Neville last years 4 star qb recruit or true frosh Cam Cooper this years 4 star elite 11 qb who probably is the best qb recruit Leach has ever gotten.

I get very nervous but both teams in the NC game had true frosh qbs playing. High school kids run versions of the Air Raid and come in more ready then ever to play.

Theres no way Andre Dillard 3 year starter at LT doesn't get all con honors. Same with Safety Jalen Thompson 2 year starter who was 2nd team all con last year. Also the inside receivers Bell and Calvin are both going to have a huge year next year.

Yeah, so much for Wilner being the best Pac-12 writer.

Me and my kid were talking to a couple of WSU footballers at the Solstice Parade in Fremont a couple of years ago. I can't remember their names but really good guys. My son was a 14-year-old aspiring freshman player at the time and they were offering him a lot of encouragement and advice.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3mqqhsrv said:

Yeah, so much for Wilner being the best Pac-12 writer.

Me and my kid were talking to a couple of WSU footballers at the Solstice Parade in Fremont a couple of years ago. I can't remember their names but really good guys. My son was a 14-year-old aspiring freshman player at the time and they were offering him a lot of encouragement and advice.

Nice.

Wilners alright but he has his bias, it's easy to when in doubt throw the UW or USC player on there. I liked espns blog before they blew it up. they had 4 or 5 writers.