Michigan St

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Apparently, there have been 16 football players accused of rape or violent crimes against women since Dantonio has been coach. Also, many accusations involving athletes were handled by the athletic department, including one such case that was handled by Dantonio. Their AD has now stepped down. Does Dantonio survive this?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think the AD stepped down because of fallout from the Larry Nasser case. . Tom Izzo (one of the best of all time) also might be out. All part of the cover up of the creepy gymnastics doctor who worked at Michigan State.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BarstoolMSU/status/956975257222512640[/tweet]

OP
OP
WmHBonney

WmHBonney

Reaction score
It is not ALL about Nassar. That brought it to light, but it seems to involve many football and basketball players.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
This is how the NCAA should define "Lack of institutional control". Furthermore why aren't the police involved and if warranted people arrested. I constantly feel like politicians, entertainers and athletes are held to a different standard then the rest of us.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
absolutely disgusting, what the hecks going on in big10 country jeaze.

OP
OP
WmHBonney

WmHBonney

Reaction score
This is exploding.....I want to know names. I wonder how many of the accused football players are now in the NFL.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
JSeahawks":18nvq48u said:
I think the AD stepped down because of fallout from the Larry Nasser case. . Tom Izzo (one of the best of all time) also might be out. All part of the cover up of the creepy gymnastics doctor who worked at Michigan State.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BarstoolMSU/status/956975257222512640[/tweet]
Barstool is a garbage site that panders to the lowest common denominator and they have no real sources. I wouldn't believe anything they "report" unless it's confirmed by at least two other more reputable sources.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Few things here...

This was well beyond at Nassar at both MSU and USAG.

The issues at MSU beyond Nassar are becoming more and more common at major universities as a whole. Baylor had their well known issues realized in public. Minnesota has been dealing with these issues, now MSU. A quick google search would probably "uncover" a bevy of other universities with similar stories.

This is institutional, but not specific to the university. This is a major issue with the NCAA, athletic programs and money. College sports need a massive overhaul.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3acj85jz said:
Few things here...

This was well beyond at Nassar at both MSU and USAG.

The issues at MSU beyond Nassar are becoming more and more common at major universities as a whole. Baylor had their well known issues realized in public. Minnesota has been dealing with these issues, now MSU. A quick google search would probably "uncover" a bevy of other universities with similar stories.

This is institutional, but not specific to the university. This is a major issue with the NCAA, athletic programs and money. College sports need a massive overhaul.
Dilly Dilly...The NCAA is corrupt, they're using every legal tactic to keep the McNair Case (USC RB coach, Bush years) from moving forward. In his rulings, the judge has not had kind words for the NCAA.

chris98251

Reaction score
These players are accused of rape, but hookers, strip clubs, parties set up for players to get laid with date raped drugged girls on and on. Young players think with one thing and it's not where the helmet goes. Coaches and recruiters know this. These things are coming out more and more due to the exposure and safe feeling that other avenues have succeeded at, the whole Weinhouse thing is going to open doors for accusers in other areas.

This stuff was buried before, no girl wanted people to know she lost her virginity, then they turned it into your a slut and whore and shamed them that way, progressive society has now turned the tables and it's now the guys that will be attacked and called rapists, becoming very dangerous out there and it's not just STD's anymore.

To clarify, historically College football catered and swayed recruits and players with Strip clubs hookers etc, Mike Price got busted for it and other schools as well. This was all common in many places to separate the choices. It was the dirty secret that everyone knew, enticement of any means just like jobs that paid athletes, although they never did anything, pushing tests scores in classes they never attended etc.

Girls and women were afraid to come forward after an experience but I will go as far to say there was a known situation going on exclusive parties with the football team isn't really hard to figure out. Now you get girls that want to be given perks for attending these events but when the sexual things happen will call rape due to the social awakening, used to be a joke that stated no means yes, not anymore. Thinking your untouchable as a premier athlete at a school is no longer true, it used to be, cover ups and schools protecting their reputation paying off etc. These days women are coming forward whether the situation was a true rape or whether it's a way to cash in. That's the big danger now. For the most part only the female knows the truth because it can be spun in any encounter to her being a victim. You can call it Gold Digging or getting a payday, we see many athletes accused and found not guilty.

That's not to discount the real victims but creates a dangerous environment for everyone involved only because only the female knows the truth, signals by women have been confused by men since the beginning. The females can go as far to say she wanted an encounter with this player but not another and because the wrong one was involved and no resistance seen it happened, because of the environment and the rest of the players around and not wanting to be looked at as a threat or a problem to the situation the female had the encounter.

Yes it can be confusing and trying to say what the old guard thought was ok has now come to the point of a unlawful situation putting teenagers or very young adults in situations that Hormones act in place of brains.

mrt144

Reaction score
Anajimmc":i2t7e5dz said:
This is how the NCAA should define "Lack of institutional control". Furthermore why aren't the police involved and if warranted people arrested. I constantly feel like politicians, entertainers and athletes are held to a different standard then the rest of us.

In one case the prosecutor declined to press charges. Same prosecutor then become Title IX overseer at MSU.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
mrt144":3nbkf097 said:
Anajimmc":3nbkf097 said:

In one case the prosecutor declined to press charges. Same prosecutor then become Title IX overseer at MSU.
Cheebus what a mess. Between this and Penn state you just goatta say WTF. Nassar should not be the only person doing time.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nassar existed in a climate meant to protect sports and money. This is happening in schools all over the country. And while Chris’ post may discuss one ramification of this new found voice of women in this country, it does not identify the culture of abuse, neglect, power and corruption housed within college sports.

Nassar is a product of environment, a system that enables sexual assault and victimization for money through sports. And while some athletes may find themselves wrongly named, let’s not forget the now hundreds of victims who were shut up and lied to at Penn State, Baylor, Minnesota, Michigan State, etc.

chris98251

Reaction score
This movie was made in the 70's and scoffed at as real at the time, events forward show it is vanilla compared to what really happens.

P56 p v8 ac

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Never saw that movie. I know there is a ton of references in 70s-90s culture about the volatility, elitism and lack of self awareness of college athletics.

1993 movie The Program has a few references to sexual assault, steroids, etc. and maybe without knowing it paints a picture of an institution unable and unwilling to appropriately deal with the multitude of issues. In essence, they sweep them under the glory of college sports while mildly acknowledging the darker side.

Many movies referenced these underlying (and deep seeded) issues without addressing them head on. Often times they were part of a larger joke or means with which to even celebrate the "freedoms" of college and sports.

Modern day college athletics are driven by greed by institutions of learning. It is unwavering and the controls over the athletes more of a veil than a curtain these days.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1xyhjjr0 said:
Nassar existed in a climate meant to protect sports and money. This is happening in schools all over the country. And while Chris’ post may discuss one ramification of this new found voice of women in this country, it does not identify the culture of abuse, neglect, power and corruption housed within college sports.

Nassar is a product of environment, a system that enables sexual assault and victimization for money through sports. And while some athletes may find themselves wrongly named, let’s not forget the now hundreds of victims who were shut up and lied to at Penn State, Baylor, Minnesota, Michigan State, etc.

One of the issues that I have noticed in common with the victims that were made to keep quiet is that they are reporting these crimes to the leaders of the institutions themselves. The beast is going to do whatever it takes to protect their programs and as was mentioned before there are millions of dollars involved and a lot of power to be lost at these Universities.

I know many disagree with me but I really wish victims of these crimes would call the police or contact a lawyer as what happened to expose the Nasser case. These are separate entities and have no motivation to protect disgusting pigs and are obliged to open cases when these elitist perverts commit crimes.

OP
OP
WmHBonney

WmHBonney

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3e0euzk3 said:
Uncle Si":3e0euzk3 said:

One of the issues that I have noticed in common with the victims that were made to keep quiet is that they are reporting these crimes to the leaders of the institutions themselves. The beast is going to do whatever it takes to protect their programs and as was mentioned before there are millions of dollars involved and a lot of power to be lost at these Universities.

I know many disagree with me but I really wish victims of these crimes would call the police or contact a lawyer as what happened to expose the Nasser case. These are separate entities and have no motivation to protect disgusting pigs and are obliged to open cases when these elitist perverts commit crimes.

These incidents SHOULD all be reported to the police. The problem arises when these incidents happen on campus. Many times, if an incident happens on campus, then the campus police are the primary investigative authorities. Guess who they are going to be influenced by? If you said the university administration, you would be correct. If you are just a regular police officer, working for the university, what will you do when your boss tells you to make this go away? This happens ALL OF THE TIME at colleges across the country. No school wants their name plastered all over the press in a negative way. Often, they arrange payments to make it go away. The entire system is broken because of the millions of dollars involved.