Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Husky Head Coach Tops This List Of Pac-12 Coaches

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • 1. Chris Petersen, UW

    2. David Shaw, Stanford

    3. Chip Kelly, UCLA

    4. Clay Helton, USC

    5. Kyle Whittingham, Utah

    6. Justin Wilcox, Cal

    7. Kevin Sumlin, Arizona

    8. Mike Leach, WSU

    9. Mario Cristobal, Oregon

    10. Jonathan Smith, Oregon St.

    11. Mike MacIntyre, Colorado

    12. Herm Edwards, Arizona State

    What Petersen's been able to accomplish at U-Dub has been very impressive. He knew the potential that existed there and that is why he chose the Huskies over other offers. His success has been about a lot more that just winning also, he is no-compromise in his approach to ethics in all aspects of the program. In an age of win-at-all-costs, it is refreshing to see and even extends to recruiting. He gets the concept of sustainability also, and it looks like the Huskies have a program built to be successful and send great young men into our communities for years to come.

    https://247sports.com/college/washingto ... -114269589
    Last edited by DomeHawk on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


  • DomeHawk wrote:What Petersen's been able to accomplish at U-Dub has been very impressive. He knew the potential that existed there and that is why he chose the Huskies over other offers. His success has been about a lot more that just winning also, he is no-compromise in his approach to ethics in all aspects of the program. In an age of win-at-all-costs, it is refreshing to see and even extends to recruiting. He gets the concept of sustainability also, and it looks like the Huskies have a program built to be successful and send great young men into our communities for years to come.

    https://247sports.com/college/washingto ... -114269589


    Lazy writing, you could take USC, UCLA and insert the school, Washington has a 100 plus years of history, the potential has been there for a long time, just the AD and or Coaches hired were not good fits and could not connect with players and recruit.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25441
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • chris98251 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:What Petersen's been able to accomplish at U-Dub has been very impressive. He knew the potential that existed there and that is why he chose the Huskies over other offers. His success has been about a lot more that just winning also, he is no-compromise in his approach to ethics in all aspects of the program. In an age of win-at-all-costs, it is refreshing to see and even extends to recruiting. He gets the concept of sustainability also, and it looks like the Huskies have a program built to be successful and send great young men into our communities for years to come.

    https://247sports.com/college/washingto ... -114269589


    Lazy writing, you could take USC, UCLA and insert the school, Washington has a 100 plus years of history, the potential has been there for a long time, just the AD and or Coaches hired were not good fits and could not connect with players and recruit.


    Lol, that was my writing, not the authors. I'll never make it as a sportswriter, but I think I get what you are saying. One thing that really stands out this year is that Petersen's ethics in recruiting actually puts him at a disadvantage. U-Dub hasn't ever been able to recruit like USC and UCLA but this year's nearly top-10 class demonstrates his, and his staff's, abilities in that area also.

    https://247sports.com/Article/Chris-Pet ... g-30613724

    Interview: http://usatodayhss.com/2017/recruiting- ... s-petersen
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


  • Pretty fair list. Not necessarily the order i'd put them in, but its all in the eye of the beholder.

    I obviously think if you rerank them in 5 years Cristobal is much better then 9th, but I have no problem with him there at this point because he needs to prove it. I would move Helton a lot lower on that list. I'd probably put Wilcox a little bit lower, but again, its too early to judge him. I also think MacIntyre is way too low.

    I have no problem with Petersen at the top of the list. But IF (big capital if) Chip Kelly can duplicate at UCLA what he had at Oregon i'd put him over Petersen. Just depends on if he can adjust to the times. He's not the only one running that fast paced blur offense anymore.
    Last edited by JSeahawks on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23955
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • Don James was always adamant about securing the best players from Washington, after he left the coaches that followed didn't put that same emphasis on it especially lineman and the program suffered greatly, most went to the California schools or yes Oregon later on. Peterson is once again looking in state, Hawaii was also a hot bed for the program in getting a lot of big bodied lineman there. There are tons of fast guys out there, there are a lot of RB's and Receivers Safety and CB's you can find, but not as many naturally big athletic guys, why it was important to keep them close to home, California has the speed guys that even when picked over by USC, and UCLA there is still a huge pool of talent. May be 3 star guys and not 4 star or 5 star, but a top D line and O line can make 3 star look 4 and 5 star a lot easier then a 5 star behind a less then steller O line of D line, simply look at the Seahawks or past years at UW with Willingham and Neuheisel.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25441
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Kelly that high, he has to rebuild that program in his eyes with his guys, may take a while, also people in the NFL figured out how to stop his offense, you don't think that the coaches are not going to look at what NFL teams did, should be interesting. Leach I think should be higher, he has one of the hardest sells in the conference and now has a sustained program that is winning.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25441
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • chris98251 wrote:Kelly that high, he has to rebuild that program in his eyes with his guys, may take a while, also people in the NFL figured out how to stop his offense, you don't think that the coaches are not going to look at what NFL teams did, should be interesting. Leach I think should be higher, he has one of the hardest sells in the conference and now has a sustained program that is winning.


    It's going to be interesting to see how Kelly does at UCLA. That program has never had a problem getting the players but for some odd reason nobody has ever really been able to put it together there. Kelly is ranked there due to his accomplishments at Oregon, I get that and I think it's justified. I posted in another thread that I wondered if his success wasn't built upon a unique group of players that could actually execute that offense. I made the analogy to the Huskies when Tuiasosopo ran the option to perfection and then Stanback, with all his athletic abilities, couldn't do anything with it.

    We shall see, should be a fun season.
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


  • Funny thing about that list is, if you asked me which of those coaches is most likely to win a national title the easy and obvious answer is Helton, and it’s not even close. But I still think he’s in the bottom third of the conference.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23955
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • JSeahawks wrote:Funny thing about that list is, if you asked me which of those coaches is most likely to win a national title the easy and obvious answer is Helton, and it’s not even close. But I still think he’s in the bottom third of the conference.



    Well it's all in the Cook, you can have a great Porter house Steak sitting there, most people would Bar B Que or Broil, but there are those that would boil it also.

    You can have the best cut of meet or players but it doesn't matter if you don't get cook them for the best flavor and or put them in the best position to use their talents and win.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25441
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Kelly has his work cut out for him. The Ruins have always played second fiddle to SC in LA. History matters and SC is a football school and UCLA is a basketball school, those traditions drive local recruiting. By and large the top local football recruits have SC at the top of their list. Luckily the pool is so large and recruiting is such an inexact science the leftovers are typically top shelf, with an attitude. Suffice it to say it will likely be 2 to 3 years for Kelly to put his fingerprint on the team. History asks you will he last that long?
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 191
    Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:32 pm


  • JSeahawks wrote:Funny thing about that list is, if you asked me which of those coaches is most likely to win a national title the easy and obvious answer is Helton, and it’s not even close. But I still think he’s in the bottom third of the conference.


    In 2016 Petersen took a team with a the #24 "247 Sports College Football Team Talent Composite" to the national championship playoffs. The same year Helton's USC team had the #2 team talent composite. In 2017 Helton's USC team has the #3 team talent composite in the country and didn't make it to the playoff. So, you would have to ask, what it would take to win a NC if you can't even get to the playoff with the #2 and #3 ranked talent in the country?

    This coming year USC is without their starting quarterback and aren't even predicted to win the Pac-12, much less the national championship.

    If Petersen continues to recruit as well as he has this year combined with player development that is the best in the Pac (and THAT is not even close) it would seem that he has at least an equal, if not better, chance than Helton.

    https://247sports.com/Season/2016-Footb ... tComposite
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


  • I didnt mean this year specifically. I mean ever. The sad truth is that UW and UO are going to have a very, very difficult time ever winning another championship in UW's case, or their first in Oregon's case. We had a much better chance before the playoff era.

    Yes, UW got there. Yes, UO got there. Then they were completely overmatched. We might have the best x's and o's (in the case of Peterson), but we'll never have the Jimmy's and the Joe's to deal with the Alabama's, Clemson's, or even USC's of the world when it comes to winning championships. Those schools can all throw a rock from their campus's and hit 50 4 star kids every year. We in the very, very best of years might have 10ish 4 stars combined between Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana.. usually more like 5 or 6.

    I"m not saying its impossible. I would guess that UW will be a contender most years as long as Petersen is there, as will hopefully the Ducks once Cristobal gets himself established. But being a contender is a long ways from being able to win back to back games against the truely elite once you get to the plaoffs. To win it for one of our northwest schools its going to take something very special and basically a magical season.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23955
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • JSeahawks wrote:I didnt mean this year specifically. I mean ever. The sad truth is that UW and UO are going to have a very, very difficult time ever winning another championship in UW's case, or their first in Oregon's case. We had a much better chance before the playoff era.

    Yes, UW got there. Yes, UO got there. Then they were completely overmatched. We might have the best x's and o's (in the case of Peterson), but we'll never have the Jimmy's and the Joe's to deal with the Alabama's, Clemson's, or even USC's of the world when it comes to winning championships. Those schools can all throw a rock from their campus's and hit 50 4 star kids every year. We in the very, very best of years might have 10ish 4 stars combined between Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana.. usually more like 5 or 6.

    I"m not saying its impossible. I would guess that UW will be a contender most years as long as Petersen is there, as will hopefully the Ducks once Cristobal gets himself established. But being a contender is a long ways from being able to win back to back games against the truely elite once you get to the plaoffs. To win it for one of our northwest schools its going to take something very special and basically a magical season.


    I can't disagree with anything you say but I think USC will have a tough time getting there too with Helton at the helm. If that is who you are comparing to, and not USC itself, I sincerly believe Petersen has an equal chance.

    It does take a magical season and UDub had one in '91 without an elite recruiting class. That year UW would have beat any two teams back-to-back as well. It's impossible to know where things are headed, college football is very cyclic, I remember a time when it seemed that Miami would always be elite. They are slowly getting back there now, but its been a pretty long dry spell for them. (2001)
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


I Stand Corrected
Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:56 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:It does take a magical season and UDub had one in '91 without an elite recruiting class. That year UW would have beat any two teams back-to-back as well. It's impossible to know where things are headed, college football is very cyclic, I remember a time when it seemed that Miami would always be elite. They are slowly getting back there now, but its been a pretty long dry spell for them. (2001)


    Looking back at recruiting under James I was wrong about U-Dub '91 team not benefiting from an elite recruiting class. By this time James had built the Huskies into the preeminent Pac program every bit on a par with USC. I think my confusion was based on top performers like Emtman, Fields, and Hoffman who weren't highly regarded recruits.

    In either case, it's a good read.

    https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2013/2/9/39 ... -james-era
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


  • JSeahawks wrote:I didnt mean this year specifically. I mean ever. The sad truth is that UW and UO are going to have a very, very difficult time ever winning another championship in UW's case, or their first in Oregon's case. We had a much better chance before the playoff era.

    Yes, UW got there. Yes, UO got there. Then they were completely overmatched. We might have the best x's and o's (in the case of Peterson), but we'll never have the Jimmy's and the Joe's to deal with the Alabama's, Clemson's, or even USC's of the world when it comes to winning championships. Those schools can all throw a rock from their campus's and hit 50 4 star kids every year. We in the very, very best of years might have 10ish 4 stars combined between Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana.. usually more like 5 or 6.

    I"m not saying its impossible. I would guess that UW will be a contender most years as long as Petersen is there, as will hopefully the Ducks once Cristobal gets himself established. But being a contender is a long ways from being able to win back to back games against the truely elite once you get to the plaoffs. To win it for one of our northwest schools its going to take something very special and basically a magical season.

    I can see why you believe this but who was Clemson before Dabo and Watson?
    Alabama before Saban was not anything since Stallings and like Miami one day they will fall.
    I'm not saying UW won't win more Championships because they can if they have a great QB
    and some luck in health.
    The Ducks coach could be the next Saban..For all we know.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4055
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


  • HAHAHA this guy obviously has an axe to grind with Leach. 8!?!?!?!?!?!?

    Total pac12 wins the last 3 years combined.

    SC, Stan: 21
    WSU, UW: 19
    Utah 14
    ore 13
    asu 12
    ucla, col 11
    cal ariz 9
    osu 3

    All done at lil ol WSU with all the recruiting disadvantages of the Palouse.... 8th HAHA I needed a good laugh this morning.
    User avatar
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1661
    Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:32 am


  • gowazzu02 wrote:HAHAHA this guy obviously has an axe to grind with Leach. 8!?!?!?!?!?!?

    Total pac12 wins the last 3 years combined.

    SC, Stan: 21
    WSU, UW: 19
    Utah 14
    ore 13
    asu 12
    ucla, col 11
    cal ariz 9
    osu 3

    All done at lil ol WSU with all the recruiting disadvantages of the Palouse.... 8th HAHA I needed a good laugh this morning.


    I agree, he writes for the Oregonian, but I don't know if that means anything. I would have had Leach 5 and not behind Helton but Whittingham, who has put a lot of players in the NFL lately.
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


  • DomeHawk wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:HAHAHA this guy obviously has an axe to grind with Leach. 8!?!?!?!?!?!?

    Total pac12 wins the last 3 years combined.

    SC, Stan: 21
    WSU, UW: 19
    Utah 14
    ore 13
    asu 12
    ucla, col 11
    cal ariz 9
    osu 3

    All done at lil ol WSU with all the recruiting disadvantages of the Palouse.... 8th HAHA I needed a good laugh this morning.


    I agree, he writes for the Oregonian, but I don't know if that means anything. I would have had Leach 5 and not behind Helton but Whittingham, who has put a lot of players in the NFL lately.



    Woah, I didn’t realize this was a ken goe article. In that case, take the list and read it backwards and it will be correct. The Oregonian has the least knowledgeable Pac-12 writers in the industry, IMO. But at least Goe is a tiny bit better than Canzano.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23955
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • DomeHawk wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:HAHAHA this guy obviously has an axe to grind with Leach. 8!?!?!?!?!?!?

    Total pac12 wins the last 3 years combined.

    SC, Stan: 21
    WSU, UW: 19
    Utah 14
    ore 13
    asu 12
    ucla, col 11
    cal ariz 9
    osu 3

    All done at lil ol WSU with all the recruiting disadvantages of the Palouse.... 8th HAHA I needed a good laugh this morning.


    I agree, he writes for the Oregonian, but I don't know if that means anything. I would have had Leach 5 and not behind Helton but Whittingham, who has put a lot of players in the NFL lately.



    I dont think Leach should be any lower then 3 look at what he took over. People forget how truly bad it was at WSU during the Wulff years.

    If we wanted to have the conversation I could make an argument that he could be even higher then pete or shaw......
    User avatar
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1661
    Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:32 am


  • gowazzu02 wrote:I dont think Leach should be any lower then 3 look at what he took over. People forget how truly bad it was at WSU during the Wulff years.

    If we wanted to have the conversation I could make an argument that he could be even higher then pete or shaw......


    I guess it depends on what criteria you are judging by. I'm a big picture guy so I look at how it all combines to create an overall package. There's X's & O's, player development, recruiting, public relations, character development, etc. Remember, this is collegiate's, there's more to it than just the game of football.

    I could even see an argument made for #4 but the top-3 are untouchable because of their skillsets that put them above the others in the conference.

    Petersen for his overall organizational skills,

    Shaw is the better gameday manager,

    and Chip for his innovation.

    Having said that, the book is still out on Leach, if he continues to have good seasons, and it becomes apparent it was more than just having a good QB, he will be hard to ignore.
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


  • DomeHawk wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:I dont think Leach should be any lower then 3 look at what he took over. People forget how truly bad it was at WSU during the Wulff years.

    If we wanted to have the conversation I could make an argument that he could be even higher then pete or shaw......


    I guess it depends on what criteria you are judging by. I'm a big picture guy so I look at how it all combines to create an overall package. There's X's & O's, player development, recruiting, public relations, character development, etc. Remember, this is collegiate's, there's more to it than just the game of football.

    I could even see an argument made for #4 but the top-3 are untouchable because of their skillsets that put them above the others in the conference.

    Petersen for his overall organizational skills,

    Shaw is the better gameday manager,

    and Chip for his innovation.

    Having said that, the book is still out on Leach, if he continues to have good seasons, and it becomes apparent it was more than just having a good QB, he will be hard to ignore.



    I think the biggest argument for Leach is he's made the casual pac12 fan forget about how much of a disadvantage it is to coach in Pullman.

    If we're talking innovation, Leach with Hal Mumme created the Air Raid offense which has basically taken over college football.

    What I keep coming back to is imagine what he could do in Seattle with all those resources and 4 and 5 star recruits, or LA with all those 5 star recruits or Stanford who basically gets any kid they want cause of "the Stanford education" or if he had his own Phil Knight willing to buy any asst. coach or facility.

    Leach is winning games at the level of those guys mentioned with recruiting classes that are on average 40th or so. He just graduated the QB who owns every meaningful passing record in the conference and that kid was a walk on who was going to play in the ivy league.

    As for the book still being out on Leach, his succcess at Tech shouldn't be discounted, Lubbock texas is basically the Pullman of the Big12. There he was fighting it out with Texas and Oklahoma aka UW, Stanford and SC.....

    Leach constantly does more with less then any coach in the conference. Maybe any coach in the BCS conferences.
    User avatar
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1661
    Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:32 am


  • Okay, you make a good argument, lol, BUT "all those" 5-star recruits that UW gets don't exist, and this current UW class that has an even mix of 4 and 3-star recruits is their best in years.

    I think he does do more with less but that is what the Air raid offense is engineered to do. If he is able to replicate, or even come close to replicating, the last three years he will get his due. Personally, I don't think that is going to happen.
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


  • My only criticism of Leach is that every year they lose at least one game that they have no business losing.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23955
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • JSeahawks wrote:My only criticism of Leach is that every year they lose at least one game that they have no business losing.



    I think you can say that about most coaches. And yes the Portland State game was a fiasco, but I think that was the real turning point, not losing that team and then going on that huge run in conference afterwards showed me alot.

    The Eastern game kills me to but Eastern is a giant killer and puts guys into the nfl.

    He figured out the early season blues this last year handling business on way to that 6-0 start.

    My last point,,,,until I think of something else lol

    -3 game winning streak vs Ducks even though Uncle Phil throws money around like candy and has poached 3 asst coaches away from Leach

    -2 game winning streak vs Stanford, and was a missed 40 yard field goal away from it being 3 in a row.

    -3 game winning streak vs the LA schools, and 2 out of 3 vs SC.
    User avatar
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1661
    Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:32 am


  • gowazzu02 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:My only criticism of Leach is that every year they lose at least one game that they have no business losing.



    -3 game winning streak vs Ducks even though Uncle Phil throws money around like candy and has poached 3 asst coaches away from Leach.


    A win, is a win, is a win, but don’t forget the ducks have not had their starting qb for any of them.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23955
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • JSeahawks wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:My only criticism of Leach is that every year they lose at least one game that they have no business losing.



    -3 game winning streak vs Ducks even though Uncle Phil throws money around like candy and has poached 3 asst coaches away from Leach.


    A win, is a win, is a win, but don’t forget the ducks have not had their starting qb for any of them.



    Shoot it really should be 4 in a row over Oregon. You remember the game Im talking about?

    https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/assets/5042244 ... Oregon.gif
    User avatar
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1661
    Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:32 am


  • JSeahawks wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:My only criticism of Leach is that every year they lose at least one game that they have no business losing.



    -3 game winning streak vs Ducks even though Uncle Phil throws money around like candy and has poached 3 asst coaches away from Leach.


    A win, is a win, is a win, but don’t forget the ducks have not had their starting qb for any of them.


    Much has been ballyhooed about Herbert on this board and while I think he has a lot of potential to be a very good QB, he might serve as a great excuse, but he isn't an automatic win. Herbert is 7-6 at Oregon, he can't stay healthy, and most of the big point totals that are referenced here as Oregon's avg. pts. under him, came against bad teams.
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


  • JSeahawks wrote:My only criticism of Leach is that every year they lose at least one game that they have no business losing.


    I think this is a valid point. Yes, it happens to a lot of teams but it seems to happen with regularity with Leach. Maybe that's just perception, I don't know the actual stats. In either case it just leaves you shaking your head when it happens.
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale




It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:53 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests